• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Breitbart finds Hillary up in Florida
47-45

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presi...florida-rubio-leads-murphy-in-senate-contest/
In the first asking, Clinton led Trump with 47 percent to his 45 percent, Caddell said.

“Then, after finishing the survey with a number of attitudinal questions, the respondents were asked again, giving us the 46 percent-to-46 percent tie,” he said.

“Clearly, when we get into some of these policy issues, such as the economy, trade, and increasingly bringing in more refugees–when people focus on these issues, they find themselves agreeing with Trump and not agreeing with Clinton,” he said.

“It is so important to remember, the voters, the people are not settled like the pundits or the candidates are settled,” Caddell said. “Certainly, it is true in Florida.”

“Our poll confirms that Florida is the still one of the tightest races between Clinton and Trump,” said Doug Kaplan, the managing partner of Gravis Marketing, the Florida-based polling company that conducted the poll. The poll carries a 3.4 percent margin of error with a 95 percent level of confidence. That margin of error means that even when looking at the survey’s first asking on the presidential preference question, it’s still a statistical tie.

“With the race within the margin of error, it could still break one way or the other,” Kaplan said. “Florida was the closest finish in 2012 and it could go that way in 2016.”

HAHAHAHAHA

Also, I still think murphy has a chance if ticket spliting is limited

The Florida Senate race is also very close. Former presidential candidate Republican Sen. Marco Rubio holds a small lead just outside the margin of error over his Democratic challenger Rep. Patrick Murphy. Rubio is at 44 percent of the electorate, while Murphy is at 40 percent. Rubio’s tight lead should be considered in the context of the 16 percent of respondents who said they were unsure.

That reminds me I finally saw a Gary Johnson bumper sticker today. So I've now seen at least one for all four candidates here

I saw my first Hillary bumper sticker yesterday, but right after spotting it on the car in front of me I saw the driver throw a cigarette butt out of the window. Gross. I'm changing my vote now.

Virginia transforming from the south to the northeast in political terms is kind of interesting... I wonder if political people will start referring to Virginia as a non-southern state like they do with Maryland.

Basically just musing if a change in political behavior can cause a change in perceived geography.

Until we don't have Jefferson Davis Highway right outside Reagan National Airport, we'll always be the South.

But that day is coming.

What's the significance of him holding a rally in New Jersey?

The only reason you'd do so is if you're doing fundraisers in NYC that evening. Early voting is already well underway in some critical states and a big part of appearances in the home stretch is taking your YUGE rallies and getting them to the polls right afterwards (actually this is everything).

Geg

Did it say Gary? I would assume it was for Lyndon Johnson.

Real talk, though, I still see Bush/Cheney stickers on the road.

The Gary is actually in very small print in the top left corner actually lol, I had to do a double take to make sure it wasn't for maybe a local politician or something

Good for her. I'm convinced that this isn't just cynical fearmongering-this repeated line of attack comes right from her belief that Trump is so erratic that his behavior could easily escalate international crises. Also pretty convinced that most of the country that lived through the Cold War has at least a slight twinge of PTSD due to the enormous stress (spanning decades) of knowing that everything could go poof faster than you can get a pizza delivered from Dominos.

HhpmKln.png

CNN's reporters are the dumbest people in the world and should be shot into the sun:

On the campaign trail, North Carolina Senate candidate Deborah Ross says she stands shoulder-to-shoulder with women victimized by sexual assault.

"Too many women and children in this country and in our state know the fear of an unsafe home," Ross said last month. "They need someone who will stand with them, not another Washington politician who talks about their safety and votes to undermine it."
But in the mid-1990s, Ross found herself in a different position, urging the North Carolina courts to impose a lenient sentence on a 13-year-old who sexually assaulted his 23-year-old neighbor -- with the victim's 20-month-old son watching in the same room. The state Supreme Court rejected Ross' push, sentencing Andre Green to life in prison for what it said was a "heinous" crime.

ROSS WAS PRO-RAPE IN 90s WHEN SHE SAID LIFE SENTENCES FOR KIDS ARE BAD.

Shoot me in the chest.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/07/politics/north-carolina-senate-deborah-ross/index.html

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Good for her. I'm convinced that this isn't just cynical fearmongering-this repeated line of attack comes right from her belief that Trump is so erratic that his behavior could easily escalate international crises.
The fear of a cavalier Trump presidency is certainly very warranted. It's not manufactured. Every sane human being should be concerned about the way he claims he'd overreact to everything.

Sahil Kapur ‏@sahilkapur 2h2 hours ago
Q poll shows millennials moving from Johnson/Stein for Clinton. She had 31% of 18-34 in mid-Sept. Now she has 48%.
This warms my heart. And I mean that.

Hillary needs to get the redemption she deserves. People have been fed so much misinformation about her, that she is a lot more hated than she deserves. I said this before, but I would like nothing more than that in the not so distant future most people go like "Do you remember that time we absolutely hated Hillary for emails and stuff? What was that about!?"

This warms my heart. And I mean that.

Hillary needs to get the redemption she deserves. People have been fed so much misinformation about her, that she is a lot more hated than she deserves. I said this before, but I would like nothing more than that in the not so distant future most people go like "Do you remember that time we absolutely hated Hillary for emails and stuff? What was that about!?"

My friend just finally posted #Imwithher today

Dude had been super super anti-clinton before this. They always were but its really starting to hit how these idiots have no chance and clinton will stop trump.

I think millennials will be more pro-clinton than they were pro-obama (at least in 2012)

Obama only got 60% of under 30s!

He was at +2 beforehand, so he's slipped a bit. This is so bad for Republicans. They're going to get absolutely decimated in North Carolina.

CNN's reporters are the dumbest people in the world and should be shot into the sun:

ROSS WAS PRO-RAPE IN 90s WHEN SHE SAID LIFE SENTENCES FOR KIDS ARE BAD.

Shoot me in the chest.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/07/politics/north-carolina-senate-deborah-ross/index.html

Wow, this is so gross.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
"I Heartily Endorse This Event Or Product"

And I mean that. The ad isn't fear mongering. Trump is legitimately dangerous. The 5 or so seconds with the sirens going of, the nuclear missile going up followed by Trumps own words are especially effective. It could be a five second ad haha.

I thought she would go there, but I figured she would do it in November to minimize criticisms before the election.

If Burr's ammo against Ross is that she didn't support an amendment to ban flag burning and that she's against life sentences for children, he's fucking toast.

I've been thinking about tipping points, trends, and how things tend to snowball.

It feels like since the debate, things are snowballing.

Anyone thinking that HRC might actually overperform the polls at this point or that the polls will shift even more her way?

I really want a shot at making the House closer or D.

Yeah, I know, I'm punditting. But I am not selling myself as a stats guy.

Jeels

I remember reading, I forget where, that unlike Bill and Obama, Hillary actually enjoys debate prep. She practically does it for fun.

I just love that my next president is gonna be a total nerd. <3

Maybe she can fund some model UN across all 50 states!!

If Burr's ammo against Ross is that she didn't support an amendment to ban flag burning and that she's against life sentences for children, he's fucking toast.

It's not "THERE IS NO GOD" bad, but it's pretty fucking bad. They've been trying to get her with ACLU stuff all summer, but her numbers have gone up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom