• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps Trump is pulling FL ads due to the storm? It stupid but I wouldn't put it past his team to pull ads in Ohio because they think they're ahead. NC...they probably know they're fucked there.

Unless they're lying to themselves, or they've been bamboozled through a hack or someone lying internally (remember Karl Rove), there's no way they think OH is a given. I can't figure it out, though.

Perhaps Trump is pulling FL ads due to the storm? It stupid but I wouldn't put it past his team to pull ads in Ohio because they think they're ahead. NC...they probably know they're fucked there.

If they are fucked in NC they are fucked everywhere. There is pretty much no reasonable path where they can win if they lose Virginia and North Carolina.

first batch of emails that the fbi recovered getting released by State today. some of them may have already been released. these are not the 33000 that were deleted.

watch out for fake news/fake releases for the next few days.
Actually they are part of the 33k deleted.

FBI was able to recover 15k emails out of those 33k. FBI gave those 15k back to State, and State is being asked to roll them out

These emails are already reviewed by James Comey and there's nothing in there for bedwetting, just so bedwetters are aware.

And pocket whatever money he can.

Trump about to grift like no one's business. Ben Carson is going to be proud of how this campaign ends.

Yep. If we ever get ahold of Trump's current tax returns, I bet he's in massive amounts of debt, and he's using the campaign to pay a bunch of it off. The biggest problem the GOP is facing in its primary process (specifically) is that half the stage is blatantly shilling their brand instead of actually running for office. And the people who are running for office can't just ignore the con artists.

Zukkoyaki

Saying again, the swing-state ad money they're pulling is probably either for areas they have on lock or areas that are a lost cause.

That's the only thing that makes sense aside from the campaign being short on cash. I can't imagine that they would actually give up on Florida and North Carolina but this has been a shocking election in a number of ways.

sazzy

Actually they are part of the 33k deleted.

FBI was able to recover 15k emails out of those 33k. FBI gave those 15k back to State, and State is being asked to roll them out

These emails are already reviewed by James Comey and there's nothing in there for bedwetting, just so bedwetters are aware.

oh ok, good

NC Republicans must be thrilled.

Every single contested statewide race here has Republicans getting outspent by laughable margins. It's almost comical.

Great read from the local paper about why the GOP through HB2 was an easy win and how horribly the whole thing has backfired.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/state-politics/article106696857.html

They are still living in a 2004 world where you can win off the back off religious conservatives and rural voters. Total amateur hour.

Saying again, the swing-state ad money they're pulling is probably either for areas they have on lock or areas that are a lost cause.

That's the only thing that makes sense aside from the campaign being short on cash. I can't imagine that they would actually give up on Florida and North Carolina but this has been a shocking election in a number of ways.

Maybe they're putting all their money into California and New York, Trump did say he would win those states

Emarv

Pulling money from Florida proves they've given up. Florida is EVERYTHING for him. And at a time like now, where he has the opportunity to be politically exploitative of the state. A state where the governor is on his side. Sure, it'd come off as super opportunistic and gross, but the gameplan is right there for him.

If he doesn't want to do a last second push for Florida, he doesn't really want to win. Flat out.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The (alleged) cancelled Trump ad buys:

gP5IROi.jpg

The only valid explanation I can come up with is that the campaign straight-up doesn't have the funds to compete on ads with Clinton in FL.

My not at all kidding theory is that they are shifting money from ads to things like increased rent at Trump Towers, consulting from family friendly firms, etc that help line Donnie's pockets since the game is nearly up.

My not at all kidding theory is that they are shifting money from ads to things like increased rent at Trump Towers, consulting from family friendly firms, etc that help line Donnie's pockets since the game is nearly up.

Agreed. Trump is a con-man, but the GOP can't even come out and say this since that would be admitting that most of the voted for and supported a con man.

lord have mercy why oh why would you move out money from jacksonville in a base election if you're a republican. WHY WUT WHY.

Tallahassee? Communist unionized state workers. Ganesville? Communist gators, even worse. Jacksonville though? Have to some of the most Trump-friendly suburbs by demographic across the entire state. He should be running 'hey look I'm not crazy, vote GOP white people' ads nonstop there.

@JasonMillerinDC
1/2 A few media buying updates on our increased media spend, which is growing by an extra $1M. State-by-state levels remain roughly same…

@JasonMillerinDC
2/2 Our data-driven campaign is shifting resources from over-performing markets to new battlegrounds w/in the battlegrounds. Buy is growing.

"data-driven campaign"

Are these ad buys directly from the Trump campaign or the RNC?

Former makes no sense, latter makes total sense.

These are Trump campaign buys, but as Fragamemnon notes, it wouldn't make sense either way. Rubio isn't so far ahead in FL that the RNC can call it a win. If Trump really does stop pushing in heavy GOP areas that could make the senate race slightly closer.

Zukkoyaki

That gets me more jacked than deadlifts.
Ready to get more jacked? New Hampshire isn't a swing state this cycle. It's going Clinton, last 4 polls from BEFORE the debate had her ahead 6-7 points. That state pushes her to 272 so NC isn't vital either.

KMS

Ready to get more jacked? New Hampshire isn't a swing state this cycle. It's going Clinton, last 4 polls from BEFORE the debate had her ahead 6-7 points. That state pushes her to 272 so NC isn't vital either.

I just hope the Johnson vote dies so Hillary gets over 50% of the vote, Please!

Virginia transforming from the south to the northeast in political terms is kind of interesting... I wonder if political people will start referring to Virginia as a non-southern state like they do with Maryland.

Basically just musing if a change in political behavior can cause a change in perceived geography.

Basically just musing if a change in political behavior can cause a change in perceived geography.

I think you will start to see VA and NC group less in the "former confederate state' bucket and the 'mid-atlantic' pile.There are a lot of benefits to the states in breaking away-far, far, away-from their shared history in the deep south.

Virginia transforming from the south to the northeast in political terms is kind of interesting... I wonder if political people will start referring to Virginia as a non-southern state like they do with Maryland.

It's weird because I never personally considered Virginia or Maryland "southern" states. But the way American regions are divided is definitely weird.

Both geographically and ideologically, I always considered the Southern Line to be North Carolina.

But I've also been saying Nevada wrong my whole life, so who cares what I think.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Last second advertising is going to be more expensive. I'm betting they are short cash and having to move shit around.

No way do not you last second pull advertising in three must win states.

Probably light on cash and assuming they need to wait till after the debate fuck up subsides to get traction.

Iolo

They must have oodles of cash though. They haven't spent anything except for a bit of ad spending, and they had a relatively large amount of money come in over the past few months.

StoOgE

I think you will start to see VA and NC group less in the "former confederate state' bucket and the 'mid-atlantic' pile.There are a lot of benefits to the states in breaking away-far, far, away-from their shared history in the deep south.

The GOP should get this SEC to expand there like they did to turn Missouri Red.

StoOgE

They must have oodles of cash though. They haven't spent anything except for a bit of ad spending, and they had a relatively large amount of money come in over the past few months.

Mar A Lago ain't gonna fix itself.

kadotsu

Banned
Did the Trump campaign release their funds? I know the Clinton campaign did when they finished the last fund raising round.

Last second advertising is going to be more expensive. I'm betting they are short cash and having to move shit around.

Probably light on cash and assuming they need to wait till after the debate fuck up subsides to get traction.

Yea, I wouldn't be surprised if fund raising has been shit post debate.

Loudninja

Yeah for the last 2 months they have not mention how much they raised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom