• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.
They must have oodles of cash though. They haven't spent anything except for a bit of ad spending, and they had a relatively large amount of money come in over the past few months.

Not if they're running the Ben Carson scheme of spending all of their fundraising money on more fundraising.

Also, battleground within battleground makes no sense! You need to maximize your vote in the entire state. Even Romney got 170,490 votes in Mecklenburg.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Real plan incoming: Trump is going to win the debate by so much on Sunday that he will not even need ads at that point.

tuffy

They must have oodles of cash though. They haven't spent anything except for a bit of ad spending, and they had a relatively large amount of money come in over the past few months.
Isn't Trump's fundraising shared with the party somehow? If memory serves, cash-on-hand wasn't very impressive in the last report.

Iolo

Did the Trump campaign release their funds? I know the Clinton campaign did when they finished the last fund raising round.

No, they didn't.

But, Trumpy had a great September, poll wise. True, the last week was terrible, but I would not be surprised if September was still his best month.

It's weird because I never personally considered Virginia or Maryland "southern" states. But the way American regions are divided is definitely weird.

Both geographically and ideologically, I always considered the Southern Line to be North Carolina.

But I've also been saying Nevada wrong my whole life, so who cares what I think.

Maryland hasn't been southern since WWII

But Virginia most definitely was. State was super big into segregation (brown v board is about a school board in virginia)

Nafai1123

Banned
Trump cancelling ad buys so he can funnel that money into the rent on his campaign offices and recoup some of the millions he's lost during the campaign.

It's weird because I never personally considered Virginia or Maryland "southern" states. But the way American regions are divided is definitely weird.

Both geographically and ideologically, I always considered the Southern Line to be North Carolina.

Obviously everyone's perceptions are different but if South Carolina and Alabama were the heart of the Confederacy, Virginia was certainly the head. A huge piece of the South's political and military leadership was from there. Aside from the parts right around DC its much closer to the traditional south than Arkansas for instance.

Trump has one more debate if he bombs Sunday.

Donald Trump can't be assed to prepare at all and he's entering a foreign policy debate against a former Secretary of State who's also a better debater than he is. HRC has like a 20 point lead on him in the 'who would do better in foreign policy' questions.

Honestly his goal might just be to make the town hall debate boring so as few people as possible tune into the last debate.

This was my perception of American geography for much of my youth.

don't be mad pls republicans cut the school budgets and george W bush wouldn't let me get left behind the system failed kids like me

4nVBGy7.jpg

EDIT: This was supposed to be a joke.

don't be mad pls republicans cut the school budgets and george W bush wouldn't let me get left behind the system failed kids like me

Utah, Arizona, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Nevada, and New Mexico I consider to be the mountain west personally.

Hindl

New England has a hard border on the East of NY. NY is kinda it's own thing, and then PA down to VA is all Mid-Atlantic. I'd throw KY and WV into the South, and then rename "The North" to "Great Lakes region"

Jesus no. Since when is Virginia part of New England? You need a mid-Atlantic section there.

It was one of the original colonies, DUH!

Utah, Arizona, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Nevada, and New Mexico I consider to be the mountain west personally.

The irony is that I work inside sales for my company's Mid-Atlantic accounts. This was not a region that existed in my mind at age 12.

New England has a hard border on the East of NY. NY is kinda it's own thing, and then PA down to VA is all Mid-Atlantic. I'd throw KY and WV into the South, and then rename "The North" to "Great Lakes region"

You guys know that the joke is how inaccurate the map is, right? You guys don't really think I am still confused, do you?

Right guys? Right?

Slayven

Johnson been in the news, but it seems like the Lamestream Media has ignored Stein ever since her VP went holocaust denier.

NeoXChaos

Shane GoldmacherVerified account
‏@ShaneGoldmacher
Donald Trump is planning to speak at a rally in NEW JERSEY on October 15:

Sam Stein ‏@samsteinhp 22m22 minutes ago
@LPDonovan yeah. i have an ad source who says he’s seen no evidence that this is being re-invested (might happen later but not now)

Their campaign knows nothing. I am honestly at this point expecting a collapse of his numbers by the end of the month.

KY and WV have definetly drifted towards the south but even in the 90's there was a clear Ozarks region with them, Missouri, Arkansas, and west TN.

pigeon

Banned
Last second advertising is going to be more expensive. I'm betting they are short cash and having to move shit around.

No way do not you last second pull advertising in three must win states.

Probably light on cash and assuming they need to wait till after the debate fuck up subsides to get traction.

Yeah. Either he's out of money and needs running capital or his team is deliberately moving money back so that they can steal it by buying stuff from Trump's company.

Could be either one I guess! Either way it's definitely not a strategic choice to win the election.

Hindl

You guys know that the joke is how inaccurate the map is, right? You guys don't really think I am still confused, do you?

Right guys? Right?

I know, I'm just saying that's my version of the US regions.

KY and WV have definetly drifted towards the south but even in the 90's there was a clear Ozarks region with them, Missouri, Arkansas, and east TN.

Fair enough, I don't know a ton about that region and just went with what I thought.

Geg

That reminds me I finally saw a Gary Johnson bumper sticker today. So I've now seen at least one for all four candidates here

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
I love the little tidbit in the article about the FBI dump of Clinton emails

The FBI flagged State to about 5,600 messages investigators thought were potentially new, but lawyers representing State in a flurry of Freedom of Information Act lawsuits have said that about half of those messages are actually duplicates or near-duplicates, such as previously-released messages with a new application of Clinton's trademark request to her aides: "Pls print."

Everyone forgets that these are two 70+ year old people and thus have the same level of comfort and competence with modern tech as most 70 year old human beings do. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom