• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a little concerned about this replacement talk. Is there such a rule that allows them to switch?

What if trump resigns?

Don't know if he resigns, but

Chuck Todd ‏@chucktodd 24s24 seconds ago
GOPers looked at the ballot rules on replacing Trump during the Khan meltdown. Bottom line: if he didn't vacate by Sept 1, they were stuck

CNN:

Paul Ryan X Donald Trump event canceled!

CuNRuBIXYAE2xfS.jpg:large

Something I just noticed is that he is so privileged he doesn't even know how to open a bus door. Bush tells him "down below pull the handle". And regular folk voting for him in mass like he really cares about their issues amazes me.

JP_

Banned
So, would replacing Trump with Pence help or hurt Clinton? I could see it going either way.

edit: to clarify, this would be possible -- doesn't require ballot changes:

True, early voting has already begun in some places, and almost everywhere it is too late to revise ballots. But a flipped ticket does not require any formal ballot change.

The first step of The Flip must begin very soon — ideally, this week or next. At a joint press conference, Pence and Trump should with fanfare announce that, if they win in November, Pence will be in charge, thanks to the rules laid down by the Constitution’s 25th Amendment, which was ratified in 1967 after the assassination of John F. Kennedy.

At the press conference, Trump would solemnly pledge that on Inauguration Day, January 20, he will, only minutes after taking his oath of office, step aside by invoking the presidential disability provisions of Section Three of the Amendment — much as he might step aside if he were undergoing a scheduled coronary bypass that day. He will give notice on Inauguration Day to the president pro tempore of the Senate and the speaker of the house that he is "unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office."

http://www.vox.com/the-big-idea/2016/10/6/13184492/flip-ticket-trump-pence-constitution

starmud

Aren't we already past ballot cut off? Trump wouldn't quit either, but the cake is baked... all they can do is ride trump out

Paskil

You have to give one thing to The Donald
besides your pussy to grab if you have one and are hot
, his persona has slayed airplane crashes, hurricanes, war, terrorism, mass murder, EU withdrawal, and much, much more.

Low key my favorite tidbit from tonight is Assange bluffing in Texas Hold 'Em for months and then revealing he was actually just holding two Magikarps the whole time.

Don't know if he resigns, but

Chuck Todd ‏@chucktodd 24s24 seconds ago
GOPers looked at the ballot rules on replacing Trump during the Khan meltdown. Bottom line: if he didn't vacate by Sept 1, they were stuck

Yeah, once the ballots are printed, most states don't allow a re-do. Trump dropping out now would remove him from consideration in like 20 states, including some states like Texas. No way they force him out. If they do, they're guaranteeing that his base doesn't show up (since their votes quite literally won't be counted at the top of the ticket).

His base would burn the party to the ground (still probably will. Hannity has been quite clearly angling for a cushy Trump TV job after this by saying that the GOP cost Trump the election when they didn't wash his balls well enough).

So, would replacing Trump with Pence help or hurt Clinton? I could see it going either way.

Help. Republican vote will become divided by the base and those that were only in it because Donald Anti-establishement Trump. Plus, a lot of votes have been cast already

Something I just noticed is that he is so privileged he doesn't even know how to open a bus door. Bush tells him "down below pull the handle". And regular folk voting for him in mass like he really cares about their issues amazes me.

That was honestly my favorite part of the clip. He knocks on the bus door waiting for a manservant to materialize.

BiggNife

They are talking about replacing him...can that happen this late in the game? What are the ramifications if so?

who is talking about replacing him?

And no, as others have said it's too late. People are already voting, the ballots are printed.

And there's no way in hell Trump himself will accept defeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom