• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Democratic candidates across the country just got more support for their races than any money could buy. Force your opponent to turn on their base or turn on the independents.

Touchdown

Banned
Ryan still refusing to unendorse. Trump has at least one pussy he can grab.

That pussy is tight lipped too

32edef9c83.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Trump drops out and Republican turnout plummets and the GOP goes up in flames. It's not happening.
It makes no difference. Pence cannot obtain electoral votes. You can vote for Trump and trust that he will resign. Not that he could ever win under those auspices.

HylianTom

Banned
Democratic candidates across the country just got more support for their races than any money could buy. Force your opponent to turn on their base or turn on the independents.

Yup. This incident is the electoral equivalent of concrete shoes, dooming their wearers to drown in a vast blue ocean.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
LOL, Kayleigh claiming Trump's non-apology is a lesson from Hillary Clinton and he can totally come out and humbly apologize and get out of this.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Kayleigh losing it.

Saying that Trump needs to apologize and prove he's a "bigger person" than Clinton.

Hazmat

Trump drops out and Republican turnout plummets and the GOP goes up in flames. It's not happening.

Yeah, even if there was some way for them to replace Trump with Pence or Romney or something (there really isn't) it would destroy their chances. The only real chance a replacement could ever have is if the person they're replacing passed away, because there's no way to spin "Our first choice was an unimaginable fuckup, please vote for someone that he beat."

Of all the states to leave red, you chose Virginia. Go hang your head in shame.

Mississippi or Alabama, I'd give you.

Nah, MS and AL have high black populations. We'd go blue in a landslide long before WV or OK.

Alright, so in theory here, Trump could drop out and people could vote for the Republican ticket with the assumption that Pence takes the oath?

No, I don't think that's the case. Trump's votes wouldn't be counted (since he's not a valid candidate) and the ballots are already printed and made. They would have had to fight in court to change them by September 1st to even sub him out.

If Trump drops or gets booted in some way, they treat it just like he died suddenly; the votes aren't counted and Hillary wins every state but Utah (I think Johnson might actually be beating her there lol).

teiresias

I love seeing these Trump supporters squirm and try so hard to say that he'll be forgiven if he somehow makes a heartfelt apology. I'm sorry, this is DECADES of the same behavior, their all delusional assholes.

Angry Grimace

Trump taking off from the event to "prepare for the debate."

Wheels. Off.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
CNN just got a statement from the Trump camp, they're letting Pence represent him tomorrow while he stays in New York to focus on debate prep.

Ecotic

No, that's not how it works. The ballots are already done.

What I'm saying is, the Trump/Pence ticket wins but Trump has dropped out. This is all hypothetical of course, but if the ticket winner doesn't take the oath then the VP becomes President automatically.

Just humor the idea that Trump would not take take the oath, that's how I believe it works. The VP takes it.

Angry Grimace

What does this mean for the party?

It never means anything.

Ha it's almost like Hillary disappeared purposefully to let Trump gain ground in polls and reel the rest of the GOP scumbags back in just to drop this nuclear bomb with no time left to escape the fallout.

They think that a solid Trump debate performance in the debate will turn the tides.

He is debating Hillary Clinton not some third grader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom