• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.
GOP is likely waiting for a Trump press conference. If he makes one and appears repentant (NOT HAPPENING), they will stick with him. If he double downs, they're going to start jumping ship, starting with Paul Ryan.

That's the thing.

This isn't the first comment he's made about women this election year. This is a deprived comment that holds power, because of its content. Even if Trump apologizes, everyone will know he's being insincere, because of all the other shit he's said against women.

There is no pivoting from that. There is no coming back from that. This is it. This is the sword Trump dies on.

teiresias

Seems to be getting a bit late in the evening on the east coast for any press conference to get any meaningful play and mind share this weekend before the debate.

Cyanity

Banned
And you just know Trump is going to be too furious to apologize here. I refuse to believe that he has anything even remotely resembling a spine, and there will be no formal apology. (unless he comes out on vicodin and reads a teleprompter)

C5DVFHn.png

Fuck yeah.

Just to imagine, if Cruz held to his non-endorsement for another two weeks...

My mom actually wrote a FB post after that where she spelled out a ton of rationalizations on why she had to vote Trump to stop Hillary. But then the first debate happened and she deleted. She's back in #Darrel'sBarrel.

Samson: "The deal was, you cut my hair, I grab you in the pussy"

"And Saul, on the road to Damascus, saw a message that blinded him. In his heart, he knew that Jesus was the Son of God, and that he should minister to the people so that they knew God's word. And that he should grab her right in the pussy."

Jameis Winston was a really good Christian, I guess.

Revolver

Any clips of that Joy Reid/Michele Bachmann segment up yet? Hardball has one clip, but it's just Bachmann talking.

I haven't seen a clip up yet. She went in on Bachmann tho. Bringing up how since she claimed God raised up Trump to be the nominee could we also assume that God is now exposing him for what he is.

Teggy

Guys, but what if they replace Trump and all the Republicans and Independents get all excited?

Crap, just wet the bed.

Edit: I'm not the only one!

GOP is likely waiting for a Trump press conference. If he makes one and appears repentant (NOT HAPPENING), they will stick with him. If he double downs, they're going to start jumping ship, starting with Paul Ryan.

He has to repent for not just this, but all the other horrible things he's said this cycle. He needs to show he is self aware or else it is empty bullshit (it is either way, but simply addressing this issue doesn't show that he has changed).

GutsOfThor

I'm a little concerned about this replacement talk. Is there such a rule that allows them to switch?

What if trump resigns?

Who becomes the nominee if Trump withdrawals? I'm concerned about someone more likeable stepping in and actually winning.

People are voting right now.

They are fucked. The GOP either:

1. Continues with Trumps, lose but keep some seats but become humiliated for years to come
2. Throw Trump under the bus, lose seats in congress but save face.

I am interested in knowing what they will do

Why would Trump drop out?

Public condemnation by the GOP as well as no more campaign $$. But he has no reason now to drop out

Guys, but what if they replace Trump and all the Republicans and Independents get all excited?

Crap, just wet the bed.

He was the only remotely exciting person they had.

Honestly, not-replacing him, having Pence drop off the ticket, and everyone unifying against him as a candidate is the right move for the GOP

This is their one chance to kill off this section of the party and go back to being center moderates who like to actually pass laws and act like adults. Cutt off the damn cancer.

Boke1879

I'm a little concerned about this replacement talk. Is there such a rule that allows them to switch?

What if trump resigns?

Again his name is on the ballot. People are already voting. Not to mention the cluster fuck the GOP would face if he did back out. You're looking at most likely record low turnout for the GOP

Who becomes the nominee if Trump withdrawals? I'm concerned about someone more likeable stepping in and actually winning.

What if trump resigns?

Seriously, don't even worry. Ballots have been printed, voting has started in several places. Trump is all but locked in.

If he dropped out, the GOP would have to scramble to find a new candidate. But he's not dropping out, and it wouldn't help. It's too late for that.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Donald Trump. If he says "I quit" he's still on the ticket even if he doesn't campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom