• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.
CuMq7rHWEAAU08e.jpg
NY Daily News cover for tomorrow.

1) He's not dropping out. They looked into this after the Khan debacle. It would've been doable before September 1st. It's October 7th.

2) Moore Information did a poll in Alaska for Murkowski and had... Trump +3.

Blah, blah, blah, all I read is Ryan and McCain still endorse Trump. I hope the condemnations from Republicans even if they aren't willing to make a real stand gets Trump back in that anti-establishment rage mode from earlier in the year. Burn it all down.

Strimei

Why's Virginia the only red?

Also again, to people thinking "will he drop out", again, we're talking about TRUMP here. Is this the first time you're hearing about him or something? Withdrawing would be an admittance of defeat and that would just irrevocably scar him.

Makai

Distancing yourself from your nominee is really, really dumb since House elections strongly trend with presidential elections.

PBY

Banned
This is a nothingburger

JP Adam, this is the one. This is cataclysmic for Trump. That sound is horrific (but like did no one expect this), and the timing.

Sad!

1) He's not dropping out. They looked into this after the Khan debacle. It would've been doable before September 1st. It's October 7th.

2) Moore Information did a poll in Alaska for Murkowski and had... Trump +3.

Even September 1st would have required a ton of court battles to get a replacement on the ballot in many states. The convention was the last real chance to stop him and even that was a fantasy.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I can't help but notice that's not actually an unendorsement. I guess they're all just going to trip over themselves to say how awful he is, but clearly he's not awful enough to get out of bed with him.
Same thing they've been doing for months.

Boke1879

It's funny because they might as well take back your endorsement. I mean you pretty much shit on him for what he said. It's a month before the election and you're STILL seeing if he can change?

Nafai1123

Banned
Distancing yourself from your nominee is really, really dumb since House elections strongly trend with presidential elections.

Distancing yourself and investing in down ticket races is all they can do at this point. Backing him after this could be even worse for them.

Because of the Hurricane and Rubio is "too busy" to respond right now because of it.
Cortez Masto is going in on Heck

CatherineCortezMasto ‏@CatherineForNV 1h1 hour ago

CatherineCortezMasto Retweeted David Fahrenthold

It has been 4 hours since this story posted and @Heck4Nevada still has not commented. Shameful. I repeat: Nevada women deserve better.

Ecotic

Alright, so in theory here, Trump could drop out and people could vote for the Republican ticket with the assumption that Pence takes the oath?

The ONLY thing I see this doing is depressing GOP turnout

I hope so. Mississippi will be ours!

Seriously, though, we're at the point where some weird state is going to flip that we aren't really considering. My vote is actually for South Carolina. I think Hillary wins it by less than a half-percentage point.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Alright, so in theory here, Trump could drop out and people could vote for the Republican ticket with the assumption that Pence takes the oath?
No.

You have the option of voting for Donald Trump for GOP President.

User1608

Banned
Burn in electoral hell, GOP and Trump. After all this shit you put many of us through, throughout the years, you all deserve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom