• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what #boththesamer's such as Philip DeFranco will say now...

Trumps is such a shitty person and Clinton is such not a shitty person, that it makes them look horrible as fuck.

Revolver

Ana right now.

giphy.gif

teiresias

Put that finger down!!! The Navarro is raving!!!!

Scottie Nell Hughes has absolutely no morals or standards. She's utterly despicable.

Ana is going to be so disappointed when Paul Ryan happily continues his endorsement. I wish she could realize her party is what created the conditions for a sexual predator to be running for office

There it is.. the only reason we are supporting Donald Trump is because he isn't Hillary Clinton.

The poetic blowback of spending two decades demonizing a good politician, is that you tricked yourself into supporting a racist, sexual assaulting, self centered asshole over someone competent.

And instead of preventing HRC becoming President, like you hoped all that demonization would achieve, you have clearly undermined yourself.

Anna is right, there only hope is to disavow and remove themselves and start over.

The mainstream "conservative" movement is going to have to move left a little.

I actually kind of appreciate Scottie Nell Hughes being so honest. Nothing Trump does will ever matter, as long as he's not Hillary

Grief.exe

I actually kind of appreciate Scottie Nell Hughes being so honest. Nothing Trump does will ever matter, as long as he's not Hillary

It's a funny position to take as his policies are as unjustifiable as his behavior on that video. There's just less barrier to entry understanding that those comments were deplorable over the full understanding of what makes his policies deplorable as well.

If Rubio (just as an example) disavows Trump, then Republicans that only vote in presidential elections won't show up (and thus won't be able to for Rubio) and Trumpkins will be fucking furious and will not vote for Rubio out of protest.

It also creates the narrative that Trump only lost because of party sabotage which can allow the Trumpkins to nominate Curt Schilling next time.

If Rubio (just as an example) disavows Trump, then Republicans that only vote in presidential elections won't show up (and thus won't be able to for Rubio) and Trumpkins will be fucking furious and will not vote for Rubio out of protest.

It also creates the narrative that Trump only lost because of party sabotage which can allow the Trumpkins to nominate Curt Schilling next time.

Yep it's hilarious because republicans need the trump base to win. So they have been walking this fine line of not getting too close to him but this will force them to either ride or die. There is no ignoring this. The never trumpers need to realize their base isn't going anywhere even with these comments. That should scare the shit out of them

sphagnum

Banned
2 Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth: for thy love is better than wine.

3 Because of the savour of thy good ointments thy name is as ointment poured forth, therefore do the virgins love thee.

4 Draw me, we will run after thee: the king hath brought me into his chambers: we will be glad and rejoice in thee, we will remember thy love more than wine: the upright love thee. Let him grab me in mine pussy.

I'd love to see Trump just not show up in public until the debate. Just shut themselves up in the tower and sit in a corner, slowly rocking back and forth.

BSsBrolly

Banned
The beauty of all this is that 30 years of smears from the right will completely melt away when Hillary has 4 years as President under her belt. She's gonna be the monster we all thought she'd be, since 2008, to run against in 2020.

mackaveli

I'd love to see Trump just not show up in public until the debate. Just shut themselves up in the tower and sit in a corner, slowly rocking back and forth.

I would love for Trump just to disappear and not even reappear.

Also, maybe Trump wont just show up to the debate. Just won't tell anyone and just not show up.

Unfortunately I think the downballot hopes might be pretty unlikely since the GOP will drop Trump this weekend and all their candidates will look like kings taking a "brave stand" against a presidential nominee.

Yuck.

that won't work, since downballot doesn't drive people to polls and ticket splitting is dead.

The GOP disavows Trump en masse- then republicans stay home and the GOP gets slaughtered in house and senate races.

Goodstyle

Trump... sounds like he uses his fame to regularly sexually assault women, and this is while his wife is married and pregnant with his son. This guy is a total degenerate.

GOP is likely waiting for a Trump press conference. If he makes one and appears repentant (NOT HAPPENING), they will stick with him. If he double downs, they're going to start jumping ship, starting with Paul Ryan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom