• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if the Presidential Election starts on Sunday, they call out the candidates, and instead of Trump coming out Pence comes out?

Now you might be reading that and say "no way that is going to happen", but do you know how many times we've said that in this past election?

I wouldn't want it to happen. Imagine how cringy that would be.
He'd deny Donald Trump was ever running for president, and wouldn't even know who Donald Trump was.

GOP strategy very clear:

1) Say Trump's comments were very, very bad.
2) Watch Trump fail hard at the second debate.
3) After "very serious contemplation", vulnerable GOP members and leadership pull endorsements. This step does not happen if Trump wins the debate.

Goodstyle

All of this was known information about Trump. He's had accusations of groping/sexually assaulting women for years, and brags about sleeping with married women in his book. Just shows the power of the audio tape, the smoking gun that ties it all together.

teiresias

Ana should just become an independent. These republicans in denial realize they don't have to be in a party right?

I said it earlier in the thread. While I appreciate Ana speaking truth here, where was she when this misogyny and immigrant-shaming and racist behavior was just dog whistles being used to win Congressional majorities? She's a smart woman, I can't imagine that didn't register with her as to what her party was doing, so why should I think she's sincere here and not just annoyed that Trump is no longer keeping it to dog whistles and is blaring it over a loud speaker?

Emarv

Yup. I need this video so the GOP can think they feel better before more videos drop this month.

We're just getting started, motherfuckers.

Veelk

Banned
What if the Presidential Election starts on Sunday, they call out the candidates, and instead of Trump coming out Pence comes out?

Now you might be reading that and say "no way that is going to happen", but do you know how many times we've said that in this past election?

I wouldn't want it to happen. Imagine how cringy that would be.

I do wonder how that would actually go over.

On one hand, it looks really bad for the GOP, obviously.

On the other hand, Pence got fans with the VP debate and Hillary is still widely disliked due to bullshit.

I'm sure Hillary would still win but would it be closer or more of landslide.

Touchdown

Banned
"Nobody was raped. Nobody was killed." - defense by someone of Fox News right now

I keep flipping back and forth between all three. lol

I hope Hillary is actually in favor of open borders as she says in her speeches.

Let's allow a lot of people from India to immigrate if they go to Mississippi and Georgia.

Sibylus

Banned

Why, man, he doth bestride the narrow world
Like a colossus, and we petty men
Walk under his huge legs, and peep about
To find ourselves dishonorable graves.
Men at some time are masters of their fates;
The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars,
But in ourselves, that we are underlings.

I said it earlier in the thread. While I appreciate Ana speaking truth here, where was she when this misogyny and immigrant-shaming and racist behavior was just dog whistles being used to win Congressional majorities? She's a smart woman, I can't imagine that didn't register with her as to what her party was doing, so why should I think she's sincere here and not just annoyed that Trump is no longer keeping it to dog whistles and is blaring it over a loud speaker?

Exactly. If this was an established politician saying all the bullshit Trump has been spewing but with more "tact" she'd have zero problem. Trump is just an awful human being which is why Ana won't support him.

Get ready for multiple Politico/NYT/WaPo/etc articles in early 2019 that include a paragraph like "...but many republican insiders believe President Clinton only managed to defeat Donald Trump in the final weeks of the campaign, and this belief has them very confident in the upcoming election despite etc etc etc...."

It fits right in with the revisionist history they will inevitably tell, which is that Trump didn't really exist, but when he kinda did exist he almost won before losing at the last minute. And thus President Clinton is not truly legitimate.

Get ready for multiple Politico/NYT/WaPo/etc articles in early 2019 that include a paragraph like "...but many republican insiders believe President Clinton only managed to defeat Donald Trump in the final weeks of the campaign, and this belief has them very confident in the upcoming election despite etc etc etc...."

It fits right in with the revisionist history they will inevitably tell, which is that Trump didn't really exist, but when he kinda did exist he almost won before losing at the last minute. And thus President Clinton is not truly legitimate.

Exactly.

You can't reconcile a humble apology with his initial statement on the topic. I hope the media doesn't let people forget his first non-apology.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom