• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjinaz

Amazing how the Grab Our Pussy party is hurtling into a political vacuum a month before the election. They're all so craven I don't know if they can salvage this in time.

It's beautiful I don't think I will ever see GOP again and not think grab your pussy.

Pence was campaigning today with his wife and his daughter.

CuNjuIdXgAAFz1m.jpg

Bro, back away from the Trump train.

Remember when some people thought that Trump university was gonna be the thing people would be talking about at this point in the election?

Boke1879

Like guys. This shit is going to be on all the late night shows next week. Trump and the GOP are fucked.

I can't believe it happened this soon honestly.

As Ezra Klein said back during the primaries while talking to Democratic operatives - "Hillary Clinton will make Donald Trump wish he'd never been born"

@GODNATE: This has a bit of an '06 feel to it. The GOP kinda seemed like it was going to dodge the wave in late Sept. Then Foley.

This feels more like when McCain suspended his campaign in 2008 to be honest.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Holy fuck. I was so busy at work I missed everything today. Everything.

This is campaign-ending, even for Trump. I wonder how long Clinton team was sitting on this (I know they didn't leak it this time but I'm sure they knew about it). I believe wonder what else they are sitting on.

Another takeaway is that the Republicans in the primary were fucking useless.

Access Hollywood located the tape on Monday but figured they'd sit on it until after the debate and someone internally leaked it. They kind of goofed on breaking the story of the campaign.

teiresias

Remember how we all were anticipating Trump calling Clinton a "b#^ch" during a debate?

I actually think this is exponentially worse than that would have been.

This feels more like when McCain suspended his campaign in 2008 to be honest.

The fact that there hasn't been an on-camera response yet is flabbergasting, but I can seriously imaging the campaign thinking he would just come out and make himself look worse if they tried to get him on camera tonight.

jbug617

Banned
One of the reporters on CNN said the people (GOP leaders) they talked to in the swing states say they don't agree with Trump but still going to vote for him because of the Supreme Court.

One of the reporters on CNN said the people (GOP leaders) they talked to in the swing states say they don't agree with Trump but still going to vote for him because of the Supreme Court.

These people were too stupid to find Trump oppo research because they're fucking marks.

No person with more brain activity than Terri Schiavo actually believes Trump is going to appoint pro-life judges. Trump paid for abortions!

Ondore

The Republicans, when they send a nominee they're not sending their best. They're sending their criminals, their rapists... and some, I assume, are good people.

Hopfrog

This is the very definition of craven behavior. They would vote for Satan himself if he promised to nominate conservative judges.

Iolo

How do you even teach this election in schools? What an awkward time it must be to be a teacher and have to explain a situation like this to grade schoolers.

It is the year 2046. The robotic history teacher opens her holographic lesson plan. "Today's lesson, children, is about the historic realignment of the 2016 election. The GOP implos--- (tittering in the background) ---yes, yes, children, GOP had quite a different meaning back then than it does today, and that is where our lesson begins."

Grief.exe

Steven Dennis Verified account
‏@StevenTDennis

Complete list of Republican members of Congress who have withdrawn their support of Donald Trump today:

Holmes

Obviously most Republican higher ups and faithful will still vote for him. But that will be on their conscious.

TheFatOne

Just a superb job so far by Clinton and her team. For all the talk about Clinton being a weak candidate she has done a terrific job taking advantage of Trumps errors, and her team is impressive. That ground game is doing work. It's easy to forget this latest meltdown all started by Clinton baiting Trump. Well played so far by Clinton and her team. Just need to hope for some luck. Need to get the senate back. I hope Trump melts down to the point the house comes into play.
Pence was campaigning today with his wife and his daughter.

Bro, back away from the Trump train.

With each passing day Tim Kaine taking one for the team looks better and better. Kaine took a hit to his image a bit, but everything he was spitting at Pence during the vp debate looks great now. So much ammo to use against Pence if he decides to try 2020.

Grief.exe

@DineshDSouza
We've had a biased media my entire adult life, but never before have they tried so hard to drag a crooked hag across the finish line.

The only reason every single journalist outside of Fox News and the conservative bubble seems liberal is placed at the feet of the Republican party. The GOP has fled so far to the right they are simply no longer logically justifiable. Labeling journalists as liberal merely for reporting reality is disingenuous.

teiresias

He's fucked. There is no way he gets the women vote that he needed after this.

The best part is he's on video saying all this stuff and demonstrating this behavior, so the campaign's usual tack of trying to discredit the source in print media stories won't work at all anymore because it's no longer he said/she said, they have actual video of him admitting to this stuff.

Syncytia

McCain Statement:

“There are no excuses for Donald Trump’s offensive and demeaning comments. No woman should ever be victimized by this kind of inappropriate behavior. He alone bears the burden of his conduct and alone should suffer the consequences.”

@Ann_Kirkpatrick
What about the girls growing up in AZ knowing you care more about saving your career than the consequences of standing up to Trump?

Trump's comment proves: In the past McCain took the mic from those who didn't deserve it. In 2016, he supports them for president.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom