• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Trump is a moron, even if he does apologize, on Sunday, when this gets brought up, he's not going to be able to recite his prepared remarks and he's going to make it worse

Grief.exe

oh man, I am glued to the TV. I can't wait to see what he says.

This is like the birther press conference all over again.

Since Trump is a moron, even if he does apologize, on Sunday, when this gets brought up, he's not going to be able to recite his prepared remarks and he's going to make it worse

I bet this statement will lack any emotion as well. He's not sorry and he's being forced to do this.

There's no way this apology goes over well, this is a guy that completely lacks empathy.

SexyFish

Banned
May be my favorite tweet so far.

Maggie Haberman ‏@maggieNYT 1m1 minute ago
Trump's aides have been quite clear-eyed with him about how bad this all is, according to ppl briefed on discussions.

Retro

Ben Pershing ‏@benpershing 15 minutes ago
GOP strategist on Hannity: "Both campaigns are in crisis mode right now"

GOP makes no sense at all.

"A total crisis! I glanced in the window, they were ripping paper into scraps and throwing it everywhere, doubled over in what was obviously despair, a few people were even crying hysterically! And everyone was drinking heavily, though I note Hillary is so snooty she only keeps fancy french champagne around the office. Lots of people huddled together hugging too. Really, just a total crisis over there."

Holmes

Get ready for multiple Politico/NYT/WaPo/etc articles in early 2019 that include a paragraph like "...but many republican insiders believe President Clinton only managed to defeat Donald Trump in the final weeks of the campaign, and this belief has them very confident in the upcoming election despite etc etc etc...."

It fits right in with the revisionist history they will inevitably tell, which is that Trump didn't really exist, but when he kinda did exist he almost won before losing at the last minute. And thus President Clinton is not truly legitimate.
Reminds me when Republicans were blaming Obama for the economy right away in January and February. Or that he only won because the economy crashed.

It's a taped video because his campaign can control what comes out of his mouth. If they sent him live to the press he'd have started talking shit about Billy Bush in 10 seconds.

"A total crisis! I glanced in the window, they were ripping paper into scraps and throwing it everywhere, doubled over in what was obviously despair, a few people were even crying hysterically! And everyone was drinking heavily, though I note Hillary is so snooty she only keeps fancy french champagne around the office. Lots of people huddled together hugging too. Really, just a total crisis over there."

7Vx3q1I.gif

"They're totally apoplectic!"

Damn, CNN going all in. "Sounds alot like Roger Ailes, his long time friend" "He's part of his campaign now right?" "Yes, he's part of the campaign"

Boke1879

Doubt the apology helps at all. You're already seeing some retract. After the debate I think you'll clearly see more of this.

And yea it's taking too damn long for them to get this video out.

It's a taped video because his campaign can control what comes out of his mouth. If they sent him live to the press he'd have started talking shit about Billy Bush in 10 seconds.

A brave intern needs to send out the wrong version with Trump having some kind of meltdown and make this 10 times worse.

The vote in Utah is going to be so weird this year. I have no idea what's going to happen.

edit: Mississippi and Alaska and Utah and South Carolina would be blue states in the best-case scenario. Maybe Indiana too, Link.

Strimei

Apology won't mean much. He'll shoot himself in the foot soon enough anyway, but on top of that the audio's going to be used for so many ads and will be tied around his neck.

And do apologies even really work for things like this? At least for me usually I just go "he's not really sorry, more sorry he got caught."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom