• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilsongt

Donald J. Trump
Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump

Of course there is large scale voter fraud happening on and before election day. Why do Republican leaders deny what is going on? So naive!
Oct 17, 2016, 8:33 AM
1,387 RETWEETS
2,825 LIKES

Maybe becauase the GOP is the one committing fraud by trying to put into place stupid voter ID laws?

Diablos

Donald J. Trump

Of course there is large scale voter fraud happening on and before election day. Why do Republican leaders deny what is going on? So naive!
1,387 RETWEETS
2,825 LIKES

Maybe becauase the GOP is the one committing fraud by trying to put into place stupid voter ID laws?
It's almost like he knows he's going to lose but since he can never accept defeat due to his own actions, he needs to blame something else.

Maledict

I will be glad when this election is over. We're fucked either way. Either Trump wins (lolol) or HillDawg wins, only takes back the Senate, and has to deal with a broken House that insists on launching investigation after investigation with the media propping them up.

I just want a normal government again that gets a few important things done every now and again. :(

I honestly don't think we'll see that again anytime soon to be frank unless the dems get the house. The republican 'block everything no matter the cost' strategy has worked unfortunately, and regardless of what Paul Ryan says I don't think we'll see any change.

Is it happening??

Cu-F-W_WAAAU21E.jpg

tuffy

Given that Trump has abandoned any meaningful campaigning and is spending all his time talking about how he's going to lose, I expect his numbers will continue to worsen over the last three weeks until election day.

HylianTom

Banned
Hot damn. I love it.
This one gets to me because I have a visceral reaction to seeing all of those iconic bully characters from decades past. And once that feeling hits, it's easy to lump Trump in with them. (Great music, too)

I am delighted to see the ad running. She hits Trump, and then spends the second half of the ad with positive contrast, making that sweet little girl all verklempt.

(And now I'm looking forward to seeing A Christmas Story on TV nonstop in a few months..)

Cyanity

Banned
hmm, I need to start figuring out what kind of popcorn I'm going to be making on election night. Probably something sweet, for that sweet sweet retribution, followed by something salty for dat after election shadenfreude.

7:00pm: "Welcome to CNN. We welcome you to our night-long coverage of Election 2016 and the polls are closing across the country. Within the upcoming hours we hope to bring you in depth analy..."

7:01pm: "And Hillary Clinton will become the next president of the United States."

Cyanity

Banned
The end game for Trump and his sociopath hell-spawn ia going to be a vanity network catering to the InfoWars and Breitbart crowd. We all knew this, bit it's nice to get some corroborating evidence.

Canceling CableTV and my religious use of adblockers and whitelists becomes the best consumer decision i've made since my investment in Beanie Babies.

https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/787973870351446016

One of the responses to that tweet brings up some good food for thought:

Derek Moore‏ @dereksmoore
@JakeSherman @DavidMDrucker It would be interesting to see who'll put ads on this network.The cost/benefit/ROI on AM radio isn't on Nat'n TV

This is a good point. Are there enough big money advertisers to keep a batshit insanity conspiracy theorist news channel alive? I'm thinking no.

7:00pm: "Welcome to CNN. We welcome you to our night-long coverage of Election 2016 and the polls are closing across the country. Within the upcoming hours we hope to bring you in depth analy..."

7:01pm: "And Hillary Clinton will become the next president of the United States."

Nah, they're going to hype up dumb exit polls and try and pretend this joke of an election is like the rest of the normal years.

chadskin

KEY RACE ALERT

FTFY

@JakeSherman @DavidMDrucker It would be interesting to see who'll put ads on this network.The cost/benefit/ROI on AM radio isn't on Nat'n TV

This is a good point. Are there enough big money advertisers to keep a batshit insanity conspiracy theorist news channel alive? I'm thinking no.

Trump steaks, Trump water, Trump ultra-premium vodka, Trump hotels, Trump Golf Courses

It's almost like he knows he's going to lose but since he can never accept defeat due to his own actions, he needs to blame something else.
Bannon and others will continue feeding him fabricated stories that define his worldview. He's clearly setting the stage for his loss. I'm trying to think...what will be the little bullshit thing he holds on to as a prize? He tends to focus on something small and stupid when he wins or loses something (see: the mic not working). Since he won't get more votes than Romney I'm guessing he will go back to reminding everyone he received more votes in the republican primary than any previous candidate.

Fladam

I think they're planning on taking this to the web, traditional TV cable channel doesn't make too much sense these days.

GutsOfThor

I will be glad when this election is over. We're fucked either way. Either Trump wins (lolol) or HillDawg wins, only takes back the Senate, and has to deal with a broken House that insists on launching investigation after investigation with the media propping them up.

I just want a normal government again that gets a few important things done every now and again. :(

Pretty much how I feel. I'll be happy if she wins but if they don't retake the Senate at least what the hell can she accomplish?

Toxi

Banned
Donald J. Trump

1,387 RETWEETS
2,825 LIKES

Wait, he's saying the GOP are denying voter fraud? The people who invented the boogeyman of voter fraud as justification for disenfranchising voters?

Holy shit this trainwreck is great.

This all depends on how it's distributed and what their overhead will be. I can see a structure where they act as the distribution channel for fringe characters like Jones, Cernovich and Palin. If you get one bigly name like Hannity to be your anchor, while sub-contracting to outside personalities, you could run a shit-show like this for years on $15-20 million-dollars/year.

The real question is how you catapult the bullshit out of your echo-chamber when now you're competing with FNC for market-share. FOX then has a vested interest in portraying you as cranks and blowhards, instead of amplifying your positions and spin.

thebloo

Boke1879

Yea I'm not going to completely trust that GA poll, but I think based on rumblings it's closer than it ever should be.

Definitely I think one of the places Hillary will go post debate is AZ. Chelsea is going there on Wednesday and I think Bernie is about to campaign there tomorrow. I think the other place will be GA where she'll at least make one stop.

I forgot there was a debate this week.

I've pretty much entirely lost interest in this election. It's going to be a 7-10 point win, Democrats take the senate, but lose the house. This seems to have been the conclusion, consistently, for the last month and nothing has dramatically changed about the race since the first debate.

jmdajr

Donald J. Trump
✔
@realDonaldTrump

We have all got to come together and win this election. We can't have four more years of Obama (or worse!).

Boke1879

Donald J. Trump
✔
@realDonaldTrump

We have all got to come together and win this election. We can't have four more years of Obama (or worse!).

Well Donald. People actually WANT four more years of Obama. So congratulations you played yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom