• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on the margin of error...?
Which poll is this?
(The term is kind of bad anyway, since being within the margin of error doesn't imply a tie anyway.)

That's what I mean. It's the ABC/WaPo poll with an MoE of +/- 4. She'd have to be ahead by at least 8 to be completely out of "tie" territory and no one would call +7 a "tie".

Steve King is a piece of shit. Brings up Fla 2000 to justify rigged elections and said Trumps claim is not completely unsubstantiated but partially unsubstantiated.

What the fuck is that even

Steve King is a piece of shit. Brings up Fla 2000 to justify rigged elections and said Trumps claim is not completely unsubstantiated but partially unsubstantiated.

What the fuck is that even

So he is saying Republicans rigged the 2000 election to get Bush in? Hmm, so the only party to actually rig anything was the GOP which also got us Trump (not going to bring up Bush's work as president). Clearly the GOP needs to be rebooted.

sazzy

IHvqbm.png

So he is saying Republicans rigged the 2000 election to get Bush in? Hmm, so the only party to actually rig anything was the GOP which also got us Trump (not going to bring up Bush's work as president). Clearly the GOP needs to be rebooted.

It was infuriating; talking out of both sides of his mouth. On one side of saying he didn't want to say anything that would lead people to doubt the electoral process; and on the other saying there are illegals voting by the hundreds of thousands, and a bunch of other bs

Diablos

The more they jump on this rigged narrative the more they hurt themselves
I think the whole idea is to get enough support to prop up their rigged argument after Trump loses. They'll throw the country into turmoil or die trying politically

Who knows how far they'll get but trying to delegitimize this election at every turn is a horrible and terrifying precedent.

At least maybe there's some solace that Johnson is pulling away slightly a bit more Repub voters.

I still think there should be more parties on the ballot (eventually), but they should have more representation on the local scale and in the house/senate first, or do they already and I'm mistaken?

But in order to get more funding they need to get 15% first for a presidential election? Oh hey a new John Oliver segment is up...

Pixieking

Banned
Russia is so desperate. This is basically their one chance to get everything they wanted, and they are tanking their international reputation for what little economic power they have left, and the possibility of an a puppet taking over the US so that NATO wouldn't defend Russian invasion on the Balitcs.

Honestly I can't tell if funding and attempting to influence right wing parties in the west is a long term goal, while doing things that hurt them in the short term, or if it's just another "oh man Putin is so strong and smart!", which in reality is a short term move that is going to hurt them three moves from now (which is what I'm betting on)

Grief.exe

At least maybe there's some solace that Johnson is pulling away slightly a bit more Repub voters.

I still think there should be more parties on the ballot (eventually), but they should have more representation on the local scale and in the house/senate first, or do they already and I'm mistaken?

But in order to get more funding they need to get 15% first for a presidential election? Oh hey a new John Oliver segment is up...

The only "third party" Representative in the Senate was Bernie.
I will say that some of the Republicans in the House and Senate are so far to the right that they are essentially a third party.

NeoXChaos

Andrew Tuozzolo ‏@ATuozzolo 4m4 minutes ago
INBOX: Latest @WinWithJMC #lasen (trend +- Sept)
Campbell 23 (+8)
Kennedy 15 (+4)
Fleming 14
Boustany 14
Fayard 9 (-3)
(Fleming poll)
Andrew Tuozzolo ‏@ATuozzolo 1m1 minute ago
More from JMC (trend over Sept)
Trump 45
Clinton 38 (+3)

Cyanity

Banned
So there is a Dem led fundraising campaign to rebuild the GOP ofgice that was firebombed

This is good. Political violence is always unacceptable. This makes our party look good too, and maybe, just maybe, it will wake up some members of the GOP to the fact that we're all people here.

HylianTom

Banned
Y'know what I'll be very interested in if Mr Aleppo gets 5% in November? How it translates to the Libertarians' prospects in 2020.

At the 5% threshold, FEC funding kicks in. Their ticket would have multiple times the funding that they usually have to work with. This'll make ballot access easier. More advertising. More presence in general.

In the past, the Libertarian ticket has usually pulled more from the Republicans than from the Democrats. Many are mildly annoyed with Johnson right now, but it's at a simmer rather than a rolling boil because Hillary's margin over Trump seems to be holding up. But in a close race, a stronger Libertarian Party might catch more fire.

My impressions of what a libertarian is are based entirely on a libertarian coworker who is very vocal. So my impression is that they say they're fiscally conservative and socially liberal, without wanting any of the responsibility that comes with being socially liberal (trans jokes, saying "retard", etc...).

Am I far off, or do I just know a bad example?

My impressions of what a libertarian is are based entirely on a libertarian coworker who is very vocal. So my impression is that they say they're fiscally conservative and socially liberal, without wanting any of the responsibility that comes with being socially liberal (trans jokes, saying "retard", etc...).

Am I far off, or do I just know a bad example?

Most Libertarians I know literally only care about guns. But those are Maine Libertarians.

SexyFish

Banned
@realDonaldTrump 1m1 minute ago
Of course there is large scale voter fraud happening on and before election day. Why do Republican leaders deny what is going on? So naive!

EVERYONE IS AGAINST ME #RIGGED #SAD #WHATWOULDREAGANDO

Literally, the entire Trump strategy can be summed up with I know you are but what am I! The fact that their strategy and polling is directed (in part) by USC is great.

Wilsongt

I will be glad when this election is over. We're fucked either way. Either Trump wins (lolol) or HillDawg wins, only takes back the Senate, and has to deal with a broken House that insists on launching investigation after investigation with the media propping them up.

I just want a normal government again that gets a few important things done every now and again. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom