• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT15| Orange is the New Black

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbug617

Banned
Saw this on twitter.

CwyzZrNUkAA6y3K.jpg

Nafai1123

Banned
Honestly, fuck the "it will be OK" shit. Let us have time to mourn for fucks sake.

I am so depressed right now. I honestly cannot believe our country has fallen for such a con artist. I'm angry at a lot of people. 3rd party voters, Russia, racist xenophobes, the media, etc. I think the ultimate lesson from all of this is complacency. You CANNOT BE COMPLACENT. To be so is to risk our democracy. Honestly, I hope that the house/senate finds a reason to impeach Trump. Pence will be HORRIBLE but at least he has some form of temperament. I am terrified for our foreign nations relations.

smurfx

get some go again
so what happens to all of the establishment republicans? do they dare fight trump or do they jump in on the racist white vote party? they now know those votes are there for the taking and if they don't they will get primaried by an opponent who will go after them.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I don't get how this makes any sense. Ground game, polling etc. How?

Because in all the hubbub and focus on increased minority voters, they completely ignored the rural white voter.

Hmm. I guess this is likely counting the Hispanics from the West Coast? Given how the primary went, it seems unlikely Sanders would have done better with minorities - given his campaign staff or message - if not worse. I don't really want to re-litigate the primary I only say this because some others in here are mentioning it.

Sanders didn't do too hot with minorities at all. I'm certain he would've been demonized to hell and back during the GE. I'm placing the blame on America. If I were to list every single reason why this man isn't fit to preside over cleaning a plunger, yet alone running the most powerful nation on Earth with all branches of government on his side, I would go over the character limit. To all the people who were actually serious with the purity tests and the "both sides" garbage, you're about to witness your reward. My only hope is that I can find a way to get the fuck out of here in the near future. There comes a point where you have to question whether or not you truly belong among your peers. Bush 04 at least made sense given the emotional manipulation, but this?

The worst part is that Trump will likely get impeached, but Pence scares the shit out of me even more.

witness

I want to sleep but I can't, this is just awful. There will be lots of drinking this week after work, holy shit man. This is the most devastating and terrifying thing in my 33 years on this planet. I'm now convinced that this countries best days are behind us.

sphagnum

Banned
The left is going to have to move right we have no choice, this is for the future guys.

FUCK THAT

Fight them with every last ounce of strength. The Dems must stop bending over for corporations and portray themselves as the party of the people.

Do not give in to Nazis EVER. The GOP are literally run now by a fascist. Treat him and the entire party like what the are. They are enemies.

kirblar

Honestly, fuck the "it will be OK" shit. Let us have time to mourn for fucks sake.

I am so depressed right now. I honestly cannot believe our country has fallen for such a con artist. I'm angry at a lot of people. 3rd party voters, Russia, racist xenophobes, the media, etc. I think the ultimate lesson from all of this is complacency. You CANNOT BE COMPLACENT. To be so is to risk our democracy. Honestly, I hope that the house finds a reason to impeach Trump. Pence will be HORRIBLE but at least he has some form of temperament. I am terrified for our foreign nations relations.
It wasn't ok after Bush.

The left is going to have to move right we have no choice, this is for the future guys.

I just fucking moved right to vote for Clinton. I'm not moving anymore.

This country is sick. Millions and millions of people are fucked in the head. Why that is? I'm sure there's plenty of reasons...but the key is realizing they're ill, the first step. I'm not moving anymore to the right than I did today.

PInk Tape

Banned
How? The worst happen and all hell will break loose now.

I'm not going to promise you anything but my only hope is that we will be able to reverse/destroy all the damage Trump will do with help from the non-batshit crazy Republicans or once the Dems win the presidency again. It's a lot asking to hope for things that have a slim chance at happening but it's what's motivating me right now not to freak out about the hellfire that's going to come from this. I'm worried, scared, and think of myself as an idiot for thinking like this but I know we can do it. If you end your life right here right now it won't make a difference in what is going to happen to the rest of the country & the people you know so please don't. I realize what I'm writing out has a huge huge longshot from happening but that's honestly all I really have to hope for at this point.

Excitement wins every election

trump had it and Hillary didn't. That's it.

I regret my primary vote and I will never vote in the same way I did this election ever ever again

HylianTom

Banned
I am going to consider not paying attention to politics anymore. Not that I won't vote or do things...

but this might be it for me in Poli-Gaf and my immense interest in political discussion.

Maybe I'm just depressed but i don't know how to process this. My family is in shock. My girlfriend...my friends. Everyone I know is in shock. And this is so fucking depressing...I don't feel like I would ever want to care about politics this much ever again.

Same here. I'm taking a deep, deeeeep retreat into escapism entertainment for a while.

The thing I can't deal with tonight, along with my wife crying, and knowing that we're in for a real bad time is seeing smug Bernie people thinking they could have won this thing.

I was a Bernie supporter in the primary, and I'm crying too. I voted Clinton, and I sure as Hell didn't want this to happen.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I am going to consider not paying attention to politics anymore. Not that I won't vote or do things...

but this might be it for me in Poli-Gaf and my immense interest in political discussion.

Maybe I'm just depressed but i don't know how to process this. My family is in shock. My girlfriend...my friends. Everyone I know is in shock. And this is so fucking depressing...I don't feel like I would ever want to care about politics this much ever again.

It's more like, what the fuck do we do?
You can look back at most elections and see what went wrong.

I don't see what went wrong, not without giving up core tenets of tolerance and understanding liberals hold close.

I've lost elections before, hard elections, but it's never felt like this. I don't want to talk or hear about politics anymore, I think I'm done

Yeah that's what we need.. less support.

Don't give up, never surrender.. vote for what you believe.

I'm feeling the same.

Sibylus

Banned
Running is not the solution. If you abandon America to fascism instead of fighting it, many more will suffer and the world will be much the worse for it.

Noo dont go. Not like this. We can pull out of this mess. 2018 should bring back Congress.

Boke1879

Yea I'll be done here for a while. I'll vote when needed but America just reminded me what it always has been and it fucking hurts. I'm crying and depressed. Goodnight.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Health Savings Accounts are going to destroy our healthcare system. Calling it right now.

AniHawk

Because in all the hubbub and focus on increased minority voters, they completely ignored the rural white voter.

if there was one thing obama really nailed in 2012, it was painting romney as an out of touch business guy who didn't give a shit about the common man. that delivered the midwest.

the country isn't ready for 'uniting as one people to face down hate'

Phased

Well I guess thanks for banning me from the discord for not being doomsday, Pigeon.

The irony is you talk about dictatorship and you're banning anyone who doesn't agree with you. I wasn't pro Trump, I was just saying I wasn't sure he was going to turn it into a dictatorship overnight.

I feel the loss as much as anyone else, but I legitimately think you're overreacting.

Grief.exe

This can't be overstated enough because this win completely turns everything we know about politics on its head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom