• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT15| Orange is the New Black

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Latino neighbors are screaming and crying

I will never forgive the DNC for figuring out a way to lose this.

That is why I can't figure out how Trump got over a third of the Hispanic vote....

Especially with the talk of turn out being high. It is like nothing matches what people saw on the ground there.

zou

so what's more likely? polls in dozens of states were completely off or the poll(s) done after the FBI letter finding no impact with voters were wrong?

I find that way more likely than everyone missing the huge trump support.

Prediction: Trump will start an organization that preaches fanatical devotion to him above all else. "Trump's Troops" or something similar. They will become his enforcers, his lieutenants.

His Brownshirts.

I know I shouldnt say this but I am considering suicide over this. This shit is causing me so much pain. I can never come out of the closet with the damage Trump will do.

Dude, you are still an important voter in the coming future. I believe enough people will be pissed off enough by this vote that - after Trump overturns a lot of good shit - in the next four years, he will be ousted immediately. Don't count yourself out!

Slime

Banned
It's terrifying to think that the Supreme Court will likely be hard right until all of us are dead.

Even if Democrats win midterms and/or hold him to one term, the past half century of progress is gone tonight.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I disagree, strongly. I think Bernie had a play in the Rust Belt that Clinton simply didn't. He was from a rural state and was also promising to focus on jobs. It wouldn't have become the rural vs. suburban punchup the Democrats brought on themselves.

The democrat vs republican fight has always been rural vs urban, going back decades. Rural voters are not going to vote blue

sphagnum

Banned
I know I shouldnt say this but I am considering suicide over this. This shit is causing me so much pain. I can never come out of the closet with the damage Trump will do.

Dont. Remember that despite their victory tonight, they cannot stop the demographic change that will happen. The country is fucked for decades due to SCOTUS now but a Trump presidency will accelerate the amount that Hispanics and other minorities embrace Democrats.

Everything changes with time.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
And again, voter turnout is going to be another thing that killed Hillary's chances - if it was widely believed she'd win, that automatically decreases voter turnout. Same as if she doesn't motivate youth, which is ultimately something Bernie had but I don't think Hillary successfully utilized afterwards. We all know Bernie supporters were more or less split on how they would vote for Hillary.

No evidence to support this, there was a study out recently that showed the opposite may be true. Can't find a link to it at the moment.

Crocodile

God it just feels like everything when completely wrong today.

Hmm. I guess this is likely counting the Hispanics from the West Coast? Given how the primary went, it seems unlikely Sanders would have done better with minorities - given his campaign staff or message - if not worse. I don't really want to re-litigate the primary I only say this because some others in here are mentioning it.

tuffy

Now what guys? What will the Democrats do? Hillary might win the popular vote, but fuck.

The Supreme Court, the EPA, Obamacare, everything. My god.
Now there's going to be a major global recession and a lot of the people who voted for Trump are suddenly going to be a lot worse off. Trump's going to be characterized not by his abominable social policies, but by his total ineffectual leadership in dealing with the crisis. If things get bad enough, all the gerrymandering in the world isn't going to keep the Democrats from retaking control of congress in the midterms in order to stem the damage. And from there it's just a couple more years before Trump can be ousted as a failure.

That's the scenario in my head, anyway.

AniHawk

Guys. States. How much can blue states shield themselves??

I'm in Cali, we gonna be OK?

california is a pretty damn blue state and we're only getting bluer. so far 62 is failing and 66 is passing because people are fucking evil no matter where you go though.

was hoping i wouldn't have to use this gif tonight
raw

rjinaz

I disagree, strongly. I think Bernie had a play in the Rust Belt that Clinton simply didn't. He was from a rural state and was also promising to focus on jobs. It wouldn't have become the rural vs. suburban punchup the Democrats brought on themselves.

Yes but I would wonder about the AA vote in particular. They were just not feeling Bernie at all. I wonder how much support he could have gotten. I will say though that Latinos seemed to like Bernie for the most part.

We need you people alive.

Tomorrow we protest to try to get Congress to hand over the nuclear codes to a committee. We have to organize this, this has to happen.

Now all we have to do is pray that the republican congress that didn't have the guts to stand up to him before the election will stand up to him after he wins

We're fucked.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Question from a outsider here, what are the odds the electoral college just doesn't vote for Trump? Isn't that whole thing designed to prevent the population from electing an idiot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom