• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT15| Orange is the New Black

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowdz

To everyone saying they are bolting the country, we need everyone here to fight for the soul of the country going forward. America is the most powerful country in the world and we need to take every opportunity to try and steer it in the right direction, even after this colossal failure.

Guys things will get bad but we have to make sure people know who is at fault. The Democratic Party needs to grow some teeth and point the blame where the shit comes from and hope things are bad enough that we can make some gains 2018.

HTupolev

Question from a outsider here, what are the odds the electoral college just doesn't vote for Trump? Isn't that whole thing designed to prevent the population from electing an idiot?
Doesn't even matter. Electoral college oddities are challengeable

Ecotic

Our months of glee and gloating is going to be incredibly embarrassing.

Was I the closest? I never believed GAF's hive mind mentality. I got burned by the 2014 midterms where everyone was optimistic and then defeat. Hillary will probably still win the popular vote.

I'm going to be the pessimist. I don't like the early vote numbers in Florida or North Carolina. I think Pennsylvania is within 2 points.

278 - 260
Hillary 49
Trump 46

50/50 Senate

Ihyll

Knowing that they can now win on racism, xenophobia and science denial...is the scariest shit that we have learned this election

Looks like it could end up like this. Trump could get the "bigly" win that he wanted
yesterday this would be a joke map

wvjpeAW.jpg

BriGuy

Just imagine, the next time BLM stages a large protest (and you know there will be no shortage of police shootings now that the POTUS got their back), President Trump could mobilize the National Guard.

It needed to be Biden. Neither Clinton nor Sanders were good candidates.

Bernie was an amazing candidate. Joe would have been too. Both Amazing. You guys are blinded. Any of them would be trouncing Trump. This blindness and forcing down Hillary just because it had to be her has taken us here.

jonjonaug

Question from a outsider here, what are the odds the electoral college just doesn't vote for Trump? Isn't that whole thing designed to prevent the population from electing an idiot?

Unless something comes out showing that Trump is a rapist or a murderer, zero.

I'm guessing there probably wouldn't be some electoral college fuckery huh? Probably not without causing a goddamn civil war at this point.

spock

The worst fucking part of all this is going to be Trumps damn EGO. HOLY SHIT is he going to be full of him self now...

Crosseyes

Banned
Yes but I would wonder about the AA vote in particular. They were just not feeling Bernie at all. I wonder how much support he could have gotten. I will say though that Latinos seemed to like Bernie for the most part.
When it comes down to it though both the AA and Latino votes didn't end up mattering as much as the rural white vote.

That's what turned everything on it's head. A few extra percent here or there with already democrat bases wouldn't have helped. They needed a labor revolution turning the angry white vote at someone to blame. Bernie had wall street. Trump had minorities and China. Who really did Clinton give them to blame?

Chumley

Banned
To everyone saying they are bolting the country, we need everyone here to fight for the soul of the country going forward. America is the most powerful country in the world and we need to take every opportunity to try and steer it in the right direction, even after this colossal failure.

The country is fucking fucked. Get out if you can. Racism never left, it's as strong now as it ever was and it's never going away because liberals are fucking lazy. This is 2000 all over again, we're all fucking morons who believe in protest votes and staying home. It isn't Hillary's fault, it's the democratic electorate. The Republicans overlook everything and come out in droves. We don't.

rjinaz

I'm not trolling. Obama always respected the Constitution, so the idea of him becoming a dictator was laughable. Trump has no such limitations.

This is what I've always been afraid of. I could not possibly be more serious.

that's fair. But I don't believe Trump would want to keep being president. He'll have his notch on his belt. Too much work for this man. He won't try anything.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
The thing I can't deal with tonight, along with my wife crying, and knowing that we're in for a real bad time is seeing smug Bernie people thinking they could have won this thing.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Bernie was an amazing candidate. Joe would have been too. Both Amazing. You guys are blinded. Any of them would be trouncing Trump. This blindness and forcing down Hillary just because it had to be her has taken us here.

Keep fucking that chicken.

Bernie was a good candidate, he wasn't "great."

He had no FP chops, and a nonexistent civil rights record. Aside from "lol I supported civil unions at a time where it was totally safe to do so."

Joe hits all the spots Clinton misses, as well as all of the ones she hit.

America spoke, and decided that what they wanted was racism, sexism, Islamophobia, homophobia and "white America."

What a fucking disgrace.

Quixzlizx

how is this even possible?
do we really have to coddle the angry whites?

Looks like racist white people aren't ready to take that L yet.

I'm wondering if BLM helped low-propensity white voters really lose their shit and turn out.

Since I have to make this clear, I'm obviously not arguing against BLM, just wondering whether BLM helped with culture war turnout, like ballot initiatives banning marriage equality did in 2004.

I am going to consider not paying attention to politics anymore. Not that I won't vote or do things...

but this might be it for me in Poli-Gaf and my immense interest in political discussion.

Maybe I'm just depressed but i don't know how to process this. My family is in shock. My girlfriend...my friends. Everyone I know is in shock. And this is so fucking depressing...I don't feel like I would ever want to care about politics this much ever again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom