• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
Minnesota and Colorado.

Not all my money... but pretty close to it. Betting is not for me... I should've known that when I lost 40 dollars on Scott Walker a long time ago.

Got to know when to cut your losses. I had 20 on Hillary for Colorado and started to see she was slipping. Quickly ate a loss and managed to cut my losses in half. Then turned around and bought some Sanders shares so I'm looking at a loss of 5 total.

The big outstanding one left for me is Alaska where I have another 20 riding on Trump.

FiggyCal

Banned
Colorado was a killer. I knew it was riskier than my usual bets but it still hurts to incur a loss of that size for the first time.

Good thing that Cruz in Texas more than made up for it.

It didn't look too bad considering how much you put down. I'm not mad... I lost 16 dollars from my initial investment of 20. It could've been a lot worse. As in if I put more money in.

Kind of telling Clinton is winning the same states that Trump Wake up people! /youngturks

Bernie really needed to do well in Texas. Fuck.

The thing is, if Rubio can't even mask a little anxiousness on debate stages and on election night, why the hell would anybody think he has the temperament to be POTUS, negotiating with foreign leaders on matters of policy? You wanna talk about Putin eating someone alive!

Makai

It's amazing that this whole election is a referendum on Donald Trump. It's supposed to be about the last administration!

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Wow basically CNN and MSNBC and even Fox kinda shitting on Rubio. The train is coming to a halt.

Texas is more than going to make-up the delegate difference from all of Bernie's victories (including New Hampshire) combined

Bernie is going to win MN and CO, Hillary is going to win Mass. Dem night is over

Cerium

It didn't look too bad considering how much you put down. I'm not mad... I lost 16 dollars from my initial investment of 20. It could've been a lot worse. As in if I put more money in.

I lost $36 in Colorado. Won a lot more in Texas but this was a good learning experience. I could have minimized the damage if I had cut my losses sooner when the first results came in, but I hesitated and the price dropped another 10 cents before I got out. Decisiveness matters. $36 lesson learned there.

c9UxICR.gif

I lost $36 in Colorado. Won a lot more in Texas but this was a good learning experience. I could have minimized the damage if I had cut my losses sooner when the first results came in, but I hesitated and the price dropped another 10 cents before I got out. Decisiveness matters. $36 lesson learned there.

Take a few lessons from Trump. Just do shit from your gut, then find ways to justify it later.

I've been completely ignoring the Republican race, but I just watched Trump's speech, plus Q & A (on C-Span), and I freely concede that I've woefully underestimated the caliber and likeability of the man.

Based on this, I predict the following: if Bernie doesn't win the nomination, Trump will be President!

Minnesota and Colorado.

Not all my money... but pretty close to it. Betting is not for me... I should've known that when I lost 40 dollars on Scott Walker a long time ago.

Definitely thought about putting some money against Bernie in Massachusetts, Minnesota, Oklahoma, and Colorado earlier today. I thought Hillary would sweep. Glad I didn't. Betting's not for me.

Subtle

So what exactly happened tonight? Bernie is down hundreds of delegates, but still won a few states. Are delegates the only thing that matter?

Tarkus

Daniel B·;197295749 said:
I've been completely ignoring the Republican race, but I just watched Trump's speech, plus Q & A (on C-Span), and I freely concede that I've woefully underestimated the caliber and likeability of the man.

Based on this, I predict the following: if Bernie doesn't win the nomination, Trump will be President!
I'm clearly not good at this, but I think you're right.

FiggyCal

Banned

There was a lot more opportunity to make money that I lost out on because I hesitated. Like whether or not Trump would be 35%+ in polling. Like holy shit ... the shares were in the twenties and I was nervous to put money down. And then I should have stuck with my no for Trump shares in Minnesota... but I wanted to pull out to break even somewhere.

And then I was an idiot and invested it in a bad market.

I'll put more money in next week. I need to cool off.

I'm glad you did well though. I would've felt a little guilt honestly if you lost more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom