• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, conspiracy time. Any chance the GOP will try to rally all three candidates into a zone defense? Have them all stay in, but cooperate. Use Cruz to hold the south and evangelicals as best he can. Kasich to hold Ohio and moderates. Rubio for Florida and establishment cred.

They can't win if they're all competing everywhere, because Trump beats them. But one on one, Trump may still win. If they could make all of Rubio's Florida voters go to Rubio and all of Kasich's Ohio voters go to Kasich, etc., it may be enough to prevent the majority for Trump.

Obviously, this would realistically not happen, but it would be an interesting election to watch if it did.

XenodudeX

Loses to McCain in the 2008 primaries, and loses to Obama in the 2012 election. Why should anyone give a shit what this dude says?

Great analysis today regarding the general election.

"Hillary winds in a landslide or Trump takes blue collar workers and she loses."

Wow thanks how useful

Former John Kerry adviser Bob Shrum also pointed to Trump’s ability to generate enthusiasm — and loyalty — among low-propensity and non-ideological voters.

“He’s speaking to a group of people for whom conservatism is not a set of principles and programs, but a collection of grievances, alienations and angers,” he said. “And he expresses that and they’re not going to leave him unless he does something really atrocious.”

But Shrum cautioned that he doesn’t think Trump can get the share of the white vote high enough to overcome what will be a solid minority vote against him.

“It will make Romney look like the king of Cinco de Mayo,” he said.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/03/democrats-on-donald-trump-threat-220118

Ecotic

The way Fox described it, Romney won't endorse, he won't mention Trump, he'll just offer some thoughts on the race. In other words, it'll be half-measure non-confrontational fluff like George W. delivered a couple of weeks ago. "The strongest person is not usually the loudest person in the room" type stuff.

Ugh, this is no type to mince words. If you're going to make a speech, then raze the hell out of Trump. Say he'll tear the party apart, say he can't win, and then endorse someone.

CCS

Banned
So, conspiracy time. Any chance the GOP will try to rally all three candidates into a zone defense? Have them all stay in, but cooperate. Use Cruz to hold the south and evangelicals as best he can. Kasich to hold Ohio and moderates. Rubio for Florida and establishment cred.

They can't win if they're all competing everywhere, because Donald "Did you notice that baby was crying through half of the speech and I didn’t get angry?" Trump beats them. But one on one, Donald "Did you notice that baby was crying through half of the speech and I didn’t get angry?" Trump may still win. If they could make all of Rubio's Florida voters go to Rubio and all of Kasich's Ohio voters go to Kasich, etc., it may be enough to prevent the majority for Donald "Did you notice that baby was crying through half of the speech and I didn’t get angry?" Trump.

Obviously, this would realistically not happen, but it would be an interesting election to watch if it did.

I'd love this to happen, just because it would be very fun to watch.

The way Fox described it, Romney won't endorse, he won't mention Trump, he'll just offer some thoughts on the race. In other words, it'll be half-measure non-confrontational fluff like George W. delivered a couple of weeks ago. "The strongest person is not usually the loudest person in the room" type stuff.

Ugh, this is no type to mince words. If you're going to make a speech, then raze the hell out of Trump. Say he'll tear the party apart, say he can't win, and then endorse someone.
But he didn't win either so it's not really relevant.

ugh why is DWS on any channel

Trump is winning and the establishment is really desperate to stop him, that much is obvious. Hypothetically speaking, what happens if the establishment is successful? Do they really expect Trump to just silently take it?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I bet Romney pushes other candidates to drop out.

They can't win if they're all competing everywhere, because Trump beats them. But one on one, Trump may still win. If they could make all of Rubio's Florida voters go to Rubio and all of Kasich's Ohio voters go to Kasich, etc., it may be enough to prevent the majority for Trump.

Voters aren't trading cards that you can just swap between candidates. These guys could not attack each other if they all agree that the only strategy left is to play for a contested convention, but there's no way to consolidate voters in individual states like that.

Kusagari

Romney: Trump sucks. Real Republicans need to rally around one true conservative. Everyone else get out now to save the party.

His speech boiled down I bet.

Yoda

Loses to McCain in the 2008 primaries, and loses to Obama in the 2012 election. Why should anyone give a shit what this dude says?

That and in general the establishment has been an absolute failure for a republican base voter

* Social issues have done nothing but drift left (LBGT being the killer)

* Their wages have shrunk

* Foreign policy is LESS hawkish (we're still hawks by a mile)

* Obamacare is here to stay

They can't really deliver on anything, there is no reason for the base to vote for an establishment choice given their abysmal track-record.

daedalius

Talked to a friend that is super on the Bern train, says Hillary is a criminal and should be locked up.

Says Bernie is the only one with a plan, Hillary just has talking points.

Says "the revolution" needs to start somewhere

Sigh

thefro

Jump in the race, Mitt. Jump in the race. This is your time.

People have been talking about him jumping in and getting on the ballot in California, NY, NJ, etc to force Trump into a contested convention.

I suppose he could push for people to vote for "uncommitted" or something in the caucuses

Makai

People have been talking about him jumping in and getting on the ballot in California, NY, NJ, etc to force Drumpf into a contested convention.

I suppose he could push for people to vote for "uncommitted" or something in the caucuses
Uncommitted

:U

CCS

Banned
Talked to a friend that is super on the Bern train, says Hillary is a criminal and should be locked up.

Sigh

The revolution will be sensationalized?

I like this gag way too much.

Holmes

I brought this up last night. Cruz's lead in Texas nearly wiped all of Trump's advantage in his 7 states. The good news is, that's Cruz's strongest state by far, and most of his base (the south) has already voted. This should be the closest Cruz gets to Trump. He has no chance of winning other large winner-take-all states like Ohio and Florida. The only problem is if Kasich takes Ohio, Marco somehow takes Florida and we get a very split field of delegates leading to a brokered convention.
A lot of states coming up that are favorable to Trump are winner-take-all or winner-take-most (FL, AZ, NY, PA, remaining New England states...). This will be Cruz's best night of the primary because of his home state of Texas.

Sigh

Just remind them that the "revolution" has less voter turnout than 2008.

Sigh

Sounds like one of my Bernie friends who think the DNC is a massive conspiracy, that there is no way there are all these Hillary voters out there.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member

Sigh
Sounds like one of my Bernie friends who think the DNC is a massive conspiracy, that there is no way there are all these Hillary voters out there.
Here I thought I had weird friends.

I'd love this to happen, just because it would be very fun to watch.

Voters aren't trading cards that you can just swap between candidates. These guys could not attack each other if they all agree that the only strategy left is to play for a contested convention, but there's no way to consolidate voters in individual states like that.

Yeah, I don't really realistically think any thing like this could ever work. It's just a fun alternate reality to imagine. Kasich endorses Rubio in Florida, but he stays in. Cruz backs Kasich in the midwest, but he doesn't drop out either. Rubio and Kasich urge their southern voters to Cruz. Meanwhile, every debate, the three of them spend every question hammering Trump. The establishment Voltron does everything it can to stop Trump from getting his majority, then steals it in the convention with a Kasich/Rubio ticket. Rubio's younger, so he takes VP to set him up for a future run. Cruz is offered Scalia's seat. Trump is shot in to space, Team Rocket style, by a three way uppercut. The ghosts of Reagan and Lincoln bless the party and the 1000 years of light begins.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Watched the results from a college bar last night. Lots of Bernie folks, a few Hillary. The Bernie people thought my prediction that he would be done by March 16th was insane.

Teggy

Pretty sure she has more money on hand than Bernie at this point. He spend a lot in states that didn't help him much, I think he is more in a worse shape than before.

I don't know if there is a way to find out, but I'd be really interested in seeing how much Sanders spent on tv ads in MA. No exaggeration, there was a Bernie ad every single commercial break on CNN and MSNBC during the day yesterday.

Romney "I was a big fat loser in 2012 and I just want to let you know that you should vote for this big fat loser Rubio. Also Trump loves the KKK, what about those tax returns, and secret tape? Bye"

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Yea, but Sanders bum team is not going to withdraw. So they end up burning her resources, she can't start fundraising for GE fund.
I don't understand. Once Hillary mathematically eliminated wacky Bernie, where will she need to invest resources? He will be done in like two months max. She doesn't need to have raise the money sanders is extracting and wasting from poor people. She's still raising a fuckton of cash and is raising far more than the republicans.

Announcement: Romney will run third-party if Trump is the GOP nominee.

DOOOOOO ITTTTTTTT

giphy.gif

The Romney news seems to confirm he's not impressed by Rubio. And he shouldn't be. Rubio's weakness should be pretty blatant now. He's not the man to beat Trump.

kirblar

The Romney news seems to confirm he's not impressed by Rubio. And he shouldn't be. Rubio's weakness should be pretty blatant now. He's not the man to beat Trump.
Or Hillary- the phantom elephant in the room has been that almost none of the candidates are actually good in a general election.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom