• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found this Sanders Victory Map

nobnxYs.jpg

Yeah 70% in California is never, ever going to happen....

Gruco

Banned
It's no big deal. After Bernie loses NC by 40 points, he can just modify the path again by shooting for 85% of the vote in California, and boost his NY share to 60%. Easy.

Bernie Sanders is a very credible candidate.

This is literally unfathomable. Forget NY, what about Cali? He's not gonna win by nearly 40 points there. What about Utah? Just about the most religious state in the country is going to vote for a Jewish Atheist to the tune of a 10 point advantage?

NORTH CAROLINA?

To be fair, Bernie is going to crush in Utah. The liberals in Utah aren't religious. SLC just elected a lesbian mayor. And especially good for Bernie, Utah is the whitest fucking state possible.

I've never been to /politics on Reddit until today and wow... the vitriol is scary, almost Fox News levels. And yet despite all that sound and fury, Dem turnouts were down sharply. So, signifying nothing?

Democrat turnout is meaningless. GOP turnout though, red warnings there.

Sanders won Minnesota by a larger margin than New Hampshire.I kind of miss the days when people here was convinced Sanders wasnt winning anything but NH and Vermont <3

Serious question, how are Trump's popular vote totals compared to previous nominees thus far?

I think there are too many X-factors on both sides to read into turnout much, but I suppose I'm wondering how many absolute new Trump voters he's collecting vs. anti-Trump voters. And even then his totals might be muddied by troll votes (though I doubt that's significant).

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I get how people from outside America view this: "Reality TV star as Trump? You people are crazy!"

What they don't see is how much worse Cruz would make things for global relations.

One of my old high school chums pulled out the argument on fb last night that Hillary's lead won't last because she's only winning red states, and that Bernie will crush her in the blue states where liberals vote.

Guys I can't

Kangi

One of my old high school chums pulled out the argument on fb last night that Hillary's lead won't last because she's only winning red states, and that Bernie will crush her in the blue states where liberals vote.

Guys I can't

Yes. Let's all remember that Bernie does well in blue states like Oklahoma, and Hillary only does well in red states like Virginia and Massachusetts.

I get how people from outside America view this: "Reality TV star as Trump? You people are crazy!"

What they don't see is how much worse Cruz would make things for global relations.

Actually some of us do know. But having Cruz and Trump as possible presidents just makes you look even worse than having Cruz or Trump as possible presidents.

Guys I can't

Not actually hard to explain: Democratic Primary voters are not representative of their states generally, especially in red states because they are Democratic primary voters.

Guys I can't

white college kids in cushy Blue states telling the rest of the country how it is.

pigeon

Banned
See I don't know about that. A lot of the faux moderate GOP Senators up for re-election in the swing states probably don't want to be associated with Cruz either.

Oh, sure. Rubio would be a lot better. Unfortunately he's not available. Cruz is certainly a better choice than Trump.

Guys I can't
Stay strong..
At least he didn't pull out the "we won't have to worry about a man going on their period and doing something stupid" reasoning.

Yeah... that happened.

kess

Which makes no sense because he has publicly disavowed them numerous times. I'm curious if Trump is going to be laid back in the next debate and other guys seem vicious.

There's more to go off of than that, like the Trump Organization giving press credentials to "Political Cesspool" in Tennessee.

Gruco

Banned
Idle speculation. This is hard to prove, because I don't think natives are categorized independently in exit polls, but it does seem possible that Bernie's win in OK could translate to similar wins in NM, ND, SD, and MT.

Holmes

Clinton and Sanders might end up tied in Colorado among delegates with the supers included, like in New Hampshire. Mess.

Idle speculation. This is hard to prove, because I don't think natives are categorized independently in exit polls, but it does seem possible that Bernie's win in OK could translate to similar wins in NM, ND, SD, and MT.
Not in NM. But I think it's safer to say it'll translate into a win in WV and probably KY, although Clinton did very well in the Appalachian counties that border KY in VA and TN last night.

NeoXChaos

NM absolutely not due to the Hispanic population there. He will win WV and idk about KY.

Do you guys think you could tone the implications that Bernie supporters are secretly racist and/or sexist down a couple of notches ? The subtext is starting to become supertext.

Do you guys think you could tone the implications that Bernie supporters are secretly racist and/or sexist down a couple of notches ? The subtext is starting to become supertext.

no but what I am saying is that they lack empathy towards the motivation of favoring electabiltiy to block a Republican President being more important than ideology

The moderate wing of the GOP will never accept Cruz (as half of the moderates are fucking freaked out by how absurdly conservative Cruz is and the other half are Trump supporters that hate Cruz after the Cruz-Trump war) so it seems extremely odd to try to unite behind Cruz.

Cruz is also garbage at attacking Trump. "Look at the poll numbers!" "Trump praised his sister once." "Trump won't let white people die in the streets." Trash.

Grief.exe

How is Trump doing in the March 15th elections? Especially Ohio and Florida that are WTA.

When do you guys expect the president to nominate someone for the Supreme Court?

Article in the Times today about Obama meeting with top Republican Senators, including McConnell, in the white House yesterday.

Doesn't look like there is any movement.

Kangi

Did this in the Super Tuesday thread last night, but I'll post it here now that the numbers look about final. How my predictions went:
Alabama: Hillary by ~40 points. {Almost 60!}
American Samoa: Nobody cares. {Hillary does.}
Arkansas: Hillary by maybe 20 points. {Closer to 40.}
Colorado: Hillary by single digits. {Bernie takes it.}
Georgia: Hillary by 30 points. {Over 40!}
Massachusetts: Hillary by single digits. {Yep.}
Minnesota: Bernie by maybe 10 points. {More like 20.}
Oklahoma: Bernie by single digits. {Just barely double digits.}
Tennessee: Hillary by 20 points. {Over 30!}
Texas: Hillary by 30 points. May be pessimistic. {A little bit. It was just north of that.}
Vermont: Lol. {lol}
Virginia: Hillary by 20 points. {Almost 30!}
She didn't get Colorado, but she ran up the margins so high Colorado pales in comparison. Taking Massachusetts was more than enough to kill morale.

Stay strong..
At least he didn't pull out the "we won't have to worry about a man going on their period and doing something stupid" reasoning.

Yeah... that happened.
I do remember hearing this a lot in high school. "Hillary will get her period and start World War 3 LOL"

My 2008 campaign joke was more like you'd see a campaign ad one day that's just like "Barack Hussein Obama? More like Iraq Hussein Osama! (vote Hillary)" so... you know.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
This is kinda true from a non-american perspective.

12821448_1258843537459955_1243630736509645680_n.png

Not really?? It just shows that people who are judging have no idea what they are talking about, or what is actually going on.

Authoritarianism being on the rise has been a long time coming...Trump is just very charismatic and a well known figure which is why this is working out for him. There will be more candidates like him in the future, but probably will not have as much of an impact.

I also believe that outside America, especially in Europe they are looking at Bernie Sanders like he is the chosen one, due to the fact that his policies align up more with theirs. They do not understand the American system and that's the failure in this type of thinking, that this is somehow a test for America.

lenovox1

The moderate wing of the GOP will never accept Cruz (as half of the moderates are fucking freaked out by how absurdly conservative Cruz is and the other half are Trump supporters that hate Cruz after the Cruz-Trump war) so it seems extremely odd to try to unite behind Cruz.

Cruz is also garbage at attacking Trump. "Look at the poll numbers!" "Trump praised his sister once." "Trump won't let white people die in the streets." Trash.

Let's give them credit. They hated Cruz well before his run for president.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom