• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Why is Rubio so fucking weak? I don't get it. He's very conservative. He's a tea party favorite. He is not really an insider since he never goes to work. Is it just that he's an empty suit or is it that Cruz and kasich are stealing his thunder? I don't get it. He's a human fart but so was Romney.

kirblar

Why is Rubio so fucking weak? I don't get it. He's very conservative. He's a tea party favorite. He is not really an insider since he never goes to work. Is it just that he's an empty suit or is it that Cruz and kasich are stealing his thunder? I don't get it. He's a human fart but so was Romney.
It's the empty suit thing- he got exposed for not being able to think on his feet.

PBY

Banned

He looks like a child

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

He's an empty suit, Rubio is basically Scott Walker with a better tailor.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Because he's a talking haircut.

It is probably to condemn the racist comments as both he and Ryan try to take hold of the party and redirect and shape the image it has become to symbolize.

These two should know cause this is the exact same reason they lost in 12, were so shocked by, and then even admitted in the autopsy of the loss.

I think its this.

shem935

Banned
"Hey guys remember the wet noodle that has done nothing but lose pathetically every time he tries to do anything related to politics in the past 8 years? Well has he got a message for you!"

Just stay home mittens. No one cares.

He comes off as a typical politician and not someone who is tough and is going to shake things up in Washington.

Republicans feel like Obama has won and has done nothing but hand guys like Rubio their own ass for the past 7 years. They don't see someone like him being able to be tough or stop the typical washington politician corruption or being able to beat and overcome people like Hillary.

>35% of Republican voters are white nationalists and Rubio's skin color is not white.

And if you're a truly hardcore conservative, why not choose Cruz over Rubio?

Not sure if Rubio wanting to start a war against every country in the world matters or not, but it would be interesting if people preferred Cruz/Trump's plan of "bomb, war crimes, support dictators, and get out" strategy over Rubio's neoconservativism.

Gotchaye

I've been saying since very early on that no one actually thinks Rubio would be a good president. Mostly the enthusiasm for him, at least before "at least he's not Trump", was about a sense that he was impressive to other people. But no one who supported him was actually impressed.

He's absolutely not a Tea Party favorite, except to the extent that people funding the Tea Party think that he should appeal to the people who vote for Tea Party candidates. He's absolutely an insider since he was part of the Gang of Eight. And yeah he's an empty suit.

my bernie friends on fb are saying that last night was a win, that he won 4 and tied 1, and talking about how many states Obama lost and came back. They don't talk about which states though

pigeon

Banned

I really think that a significant part of it is just that this is bizarro year. The more the establishment likes a candidate the worse they do. It's been true for the GOP for the entire last year.

daedalius

my bernie friends on fb are saying that last night was a win, that he won 4 and tied 1, and talking about how many states Obama lost and came back. They don't talk about which states though

Well, at least my Bernie friend accepted that "the Clinton machine is too strong"

But he certainly isn't happy about it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
>35% of Republican voters are white nationalists and Rubio's skin color is not white.

And if you're a truly hardcore conservative, why not choose Cruz over Rubio?

Not sure if Rubio wanting to start a war against every country in the world matters or not, but it would be interesting if people preferred Cruz/Trump's plan of "bomb, war crimes, support dictators, and get out" strategy over Rubio's neoconservativism.

I mean, I don't think its fair to paint GOP voters with that broad of a stroke, but its true that the conservative base have become more and more conservative, and ergo, more and more unelectable.

Well, at least my Bernie friend accepted that "the Clinton machine is too strong"

But he certainly isn't happy about it.

I like Bernie, but I've always liked Clinton more, and I've always confused by the inability of Bernie stans to understand that there are people who actually like Clinton. It's not a matter of people not knowing better; there are a lot of moderates. Clinton's huge leads aren't necessarily a result of the fact that she brainwashed everyone with cash.

...god damn it I forgot I made that bet

gimme a few hours

and by that I mean a few minutes

Ib1sMc4.png

Grief.exe

I've been saying since very early on that no one actually thinks Rubio would be a good president. Mostly the enthusiasm for him, at least before "at least he's not Trump", was about a sense that he was impressive to other people. But no one who supported him was actually impressed.

He's absolutely not a Tea Party favorite, except to the extent that people funding the Tea Party think that he should appeal to the people who vote for Tea Party candidates. He's absolutely an insider since he was part of the Gang of Eight. And yeah he's an empty suit.

Similar to what I was hearing in the Caucus last night about Hilary.

Well, she's electable and she's not Trump.

Gruco

Banned

Mitt you fucking coward.
Handful of things. He's a vacuous cipher with no real ability to inspire anyone, and as such has no natural base other than DC Republicans who either see what they want to see, or actively desire an empty shell. This is not entirely dissimilar from Romney, but Romney was facing much weaker opposition and was running his second national campaign, so he was genuinely a lot stronger of a candidate with a better sense of what he needed to do to win.

On top of that, his age does seem to be creating problems for him. It's kind of unfair because Cruz, but at the same time, 1) No one expects Cruz to play by the rules, 2) Cruz looks older, and 3) Cruz completely outclasses Rubio as a campaigner, which just heightens the perception that Rubio is a little kid and out of his depth.

Hindl

Ugh I have friends posting that HuffPo article about Bernie winning VT, OK, MN, and CO and tying MA talking about momentum

Ugh I have friends posting that HuffPo article about Bernie winning VT, OK, MN, and CO and tying MA talking about momentum

Clinton fans in 2008 were much worse. Although Clinton came out strong for Obama after it was all over. Though Bernie is not a long time democrat I hope he can do more than just endorse her and go into the shadows

So, conspiracy time. Any chance the GOP will try to rally all three candidates into a zone defense? Have them all stay in, but cooperate. Use Cruz to hold the south and evangelicals as best he can. Kasich to hold Ohio and moderates. Rubio for Florida and establishment cred.

They can't win if they're all competing everywhere, because Trump beats them. But one on one, Trump may still win. If they could make all of Rubio's Florida voters go to Rubio and all of Kasich's Ohio voters go to Kasich, etc., it may be enough to prevent the majority for Trump.

Obviously, this would realistically not happen, but it would be an interesting election to watch if it did.

I've thought about this. Not because it can actually work, but because I'd enjoy calling this strategy "the 1836."

Anyone have comcast? Noticed they have a thing with Hillary where you can add your name and say you're with her. I haven't logged into the site in awhile.

My bernie friends are such a mountain of salt right now I didn't even bother posting anything last night. They are in full "Fuck Bill and Hillary and their dirty sleezy tricks"

I think TPM had a note from a GOP contact right after Rubio's loop error that it was an example of a pervasive anxiousness that he and his campaign try to keep a lid on. Basically, he melts down easily. I think it's something you pick up on even when he's smooth-talking through his prepared remarks.

I think TPM had a note from a GOP contact right after Rubio's loop error that it was an example of a pervasive anxiousness that he and his campaign try to keep a lid on. Basically, he melts down easily. I think it's something you pick up on even when he's smooth-talking through his prepared remarks.

That video of him popping pills during a debate makes me wonder if he's medicated for all of his public appearances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom