• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerium

the real test of the willpower of those calling for a "political revolution" will be in the midterms, as it always is

will they be able to brave the nigh-insurmountable trials of voting... during a time that isn't the presidential election?!

Watch Michigan.

The revolution can't even be bothered to sacrifice their Spring Break for Bernie.

danm999

I'm pissed that this seems to have been the comment/action that hurt him. Not because it shouldn't have hurt him (or any other candidate) - any one who did what he did deserves to get creamed over it. Rather I'm like "Really?" after the man apparently got better numbers after calling swaths of people rapists/murders, trying to ban a religion, advocate for war crimes, etc. Like all that shit is apparently "fine" but the KKK is where you draw the line America? Fuck off.

Yeah what seems to have hurt him isn't his demonisation of minorities, but his implicit attack of the facade that white people aren't as above race as they'd like to admit.

Look at Joe Scarborough's reaction for example.

Vouch for what?

lol you stay defending some dumb shit.

You implied that I didn't post that comment on this thread because of how it would have been received.

I'm telling you that I couldn't give TWO SHITS about how many people disagree with me in PoliGAF, and even my most fervent opponents who know my posting history would agree with that fact.

Drek

The federal government sued Boeing for moving. This isn't way out of left field.

How 'bout some receipts. The only recent incident I've seen of Boeing being sued for moving was by the NLRB in 2011, something requested and later retracted by the union they employ in Washington state, over the opening of another factory in South Carolina that didn't cost any jobs in Washington.

So not the federal government but an independent agency, and at the request of a motivated party (as a negotiating tactic clearly) and later withdrawn well before any kind of judgement.

I love how American white people are so fucking stupid racially that they can't recognize racism unless a candidate talks about being conflicted about Nazis/KKK.

Black people and Latinos figured Trump out a bit sooner!

Also, glad Bloomberg actually had the human decency to not risk a Trump/Cruz presidency.

Also, Rubio is fucking dead and buried, it's over. PPP Ohio poll:

Trump: 38
Kasich: 35
Cruz: 15
Rubio: 4

20% of Trump's supporters think Scalia was murdered.

Rubio's favorability is 33% positive, 51% negative, his brand is over after the dick jokes.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2015/PPP_Release_OH_30716.pdf?platform=hootsuite

pigeon

Banned
PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| When we talk about PoliGAF, traditionally we're talking about troll posters

alternate: PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| When we talk about PoliGAF, traditionally we're talking about OT Community

Overlee

You don't seem too familiar with their operations.

A few days ago he defended the Big 3 automakers (who have killed people and the environment for short-term profits) from sharing operations input with the unions because the union bosses were "worse than Trump" and lazy.

He seems to go along with the thought that we should feel obligated to these mega companies for making our lives so meaningful.

You implied that I didn't post that comment on this thread because of how it would have been received.

I'm telling you that I couldn't give TWO SHITS about how many people disagree with me in PoliGAF, and even my most fervent opponents who know my posting history would agree with that fact.

Although I don't consider you my opponent, I agree with you.

Cerium

Oh yeah you're a tough guy Jeb. Real tough.

378bc2a0-4376-0133-9d86-0af7184f89fb.gif

Makai

How 'bout some receipts. The only recent incident I've seen of Boeing being sued for moving was by the NLRB in 2011, something requested and later retracted by the union they employ in Washington state, over the opening of another factory in South Carolina that didn't cost any jobs in Washington.

So not the federal government but an independent agency, and at the request of a motivated party (as a negotiating tactic clearly) and later withdrawn well before any kind of judgement.
Is NLRB really considered an NGO? The Fed?

OmniOne

Does anyone know where a good place to keep track of the popular vote totals in the dem primary? I understand caucuses make it not exact, but it's annoying they are keeping pop. vote totals out of the wiki page when it's included in the 08 dem primary page. It was included but seemingly as soon as Hillary won SC it vanished.

Crocodile

Yeah what seems to have hurt him isn't his demonisation of minorities, but his implicit attack of the facade that white people aren't as above race as they'd like to admit.

Look at Joe Scarborough's reaction for example.

Reminds me of a lot of OT threads where a lot of people end up being more upset at being called racist or calling other people racist than they are about objectively racist actions/ideas/etc. SMH

Does anyone know where a good place to keep track of the popular vote totals in the dem primary? I understand caucusus make it not exact, but it's annoying they are keeping pop. vote totals out of the wiki page when it's included in the 08 dem primary page.
There's this. But some caucus states don't release vote tallies until later in the year.

Some Rubio advisers say get out before Florida

A battle is being waged within Florida Sen. Marco Rubio's campaign about whether he should even remain in the Republican presidential race ahead of his home state primary on March 15, sources say.

Rubio himself is "bullish" on his odds of winning the critical primary, despite some advisers who are less hopeful and believe a loss there would damage him politically in both the short- and long-term.

Publicly, the campaign is maintaining they are still a contender in this race, touting a Sunday win in Puerto Rico's primary that delivered Rubio 23 delegates. But privately, the campaign is having a debate about whether or not he should remain in the mix -- even for his home state of Florida's primary.

"He doesn't want to get killed in his home state," one source familiar with the discussions said, noting "a poor showing would be a risk and hurt his political future."
There are two lines of thought within the campaign: getting out before Florida, and hanging in there.

On the one hand, some advisers are warning that if Rubio does poorly in his home state, it could not only hurt his presidential campaign but also his future politically, including a potential gubernatorial run in 2018 or chance to be on the ticket as a vice presidential candidate.

"Cruz won his home state. If Rubio can't win his, that's a problem," one prominent supporter said.

But others within the campaign are urging Rubio to stay in the race, predicting a better-than-expected finish in Florida.

Rubio's victory for his Senate seat against the governor makes him optimistic he can come from behind, said one source close to the campaign. The senator also believes his experience in the state translates to a superior ground game and infrastructure than that of his competitors.

The latter line of thinking seems to be winning, for the moment. But a particularly awful Tuesday could change the rationale, a source warned.
Oh damn.

PBY

Banned
The problem is, I believe the GOP Establishment is willing to sacrifice Rubio for the small chance he can help them gain a brokered convention.

I get the sense that this isn't coming from the establishment, but rather, from his camp.

The problem is, I believe the GOP Establishment is willing to sacrifice Rubio for the small chance he can help them gain a brokered convention.
If he can't win Florida he's not of much use to them. Giving his votes to Cruz/Kasich would probably hurt Trump more.

Paskil

We've come pretty far. No dissenting justices. As per usual, fuck Roy Moore.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...same-sex-adoption-upheld-by-u-s-supreme-court

The U.S. Supreme Court, without hearing oral argument, has unanimously reversed an Alabama Supreme Court ruling that denied parental rights to a lesbian adoptive mother who had split with her partner. The decision is a direct repudiation of an Alabama Supreme Court decision that refused to recognize a Georgia adoption.

Link to ruling.

It's a strictly by the book ruling (Full Faith and Credit Clause).

I get the sense that this isn't coming from the establishment, but rather, from his camp.

Fair point. I just wonder if the establishment would push him to stay in regardless of what happens.

If he can't win Florida he's not of much use to them. Giving his votes to Cruz/Kasich would probably hurt Trump more.

Also true. However, the only shot they have in FL is going to be Rubio. Rubio's not going to pull enough of the vote in Ohio to sway things one way or the other, I don't think. If they think they have a small chance of keeping this thing going, I can see them pressuring him to stay in.

OmniOne

One of the architects of Obama's delegate strategy, Steve Hildebrandt(spelling?) over Hillary in 08 was on MSNBC doing a segment about how Obama beat Hillary. He said in no uncertain terms that it's mathematically impossible for Sanders to win. I know this isn't news, but it's interesting to hear considering who he is.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I love how American white people are so fucking stupid racially that they can't recognize racism unless a candidate talks about being conflicted about Nazis/KKK.

Black people and Latinos figured Trump out a bit sooner!

Also, glad Bloomberg actually had the human decency to not risk a Trump/Cruz presidency.

Also, Rubio is fucking dead and buried, it's over. PPP Ohio poll:

Trump: 38
Kasich: 35
Cruz: 15
Rubio: 4

20% of Trump's supporters think Scalia was murdered.

Rubio's favorability is 33% positive, 51% negative, his brand is over after the dick jokes.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2015/PPP_Release_OH_30716.pdf?platform=hootsuite

Kasich has Ohio in the bag.

Criticizing Bernie on the auto bailout is fair, but you have to get to the root issue: Bernie does not work well on compromise or pragmatism. He voted against the bailout because he didn't want to fund the Wall Street bailout. So yeah, he was willing to sink Detroit to stick it to the bankers.

*That's* the issue. It's not that he wouldn't fund Detroit, but that he wouldn't do so if it meant compromise.

He was also willing to let the financial system burn to the ground to make a point, but that's not nearly as popular a point to make in the current environment of "Wall Street is evil." never mind what that would have cost people's assets beyond what the collapse already did. The bailout was a good idea.

PBY

Banned
poll taken over a month and a half ago

Cc-rc7YW8AANgq0.jpg:large

What is this

edit, yeah went back and checked on today's polls

Hillary Bernie
Mitchell Research (R)/Fox 2 Detroit NEW! 3/6 - 3/6 475 LV 66 29
Monmouth University NEW! 3/3 - 3/6 302 LV 55 42

Bernie pls

poll taken over a month and a half ago

Cc-rc7YW8AANgq0.jpg:large

Does he really start his emails with "Sisters and Brothers"?

Anyone with half a brain knows that this thing from MSU wasn't even a poll for pete's sake. This is completely disingenuous on his part. I mean, at this point, he's gotta do what he's gotta do, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom