• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.

danm999

poll taken over a month and a half ago

Cc-rc7YW8AANgq0.jpg:large

Isn't that completely fucking up the expectation game for the Sanders campaign!?

Isn't that completely fucking up the expectation game for the Sanders campaign!?

It's for fundraising. Campaigns do this all the time. They're appealing to people who are worried they may not win, they see this email, and they go "OH WE'RE ALMOST THERE!" and so they donate. To think of it as something more is foolish.

Paskil

Good on bringing up the cloture vote and good on not mentioning ghettos. This might be too early and too tied into the debate news cycle to change the discussion that has already been going.

When talking about poor minority issues, probably not good to pivot to poor white people. Bad optics.

Cerium

Trump supporters demand Ted Cruz disavow firebrand ‘kill the gays’ pastor

SUPPORTERS of presidential hopeful Donald Trump have demanded rival Ted Cruz “disavow” a controversial preacher who called for the death penalty for gay people moments before sharing a stage with the Texas Senator.

Kevin Swanson, a Christian pastor known for his far-right anti-homosexual views, made the shocking comments at the National Religious Liberties Conference in November.

“Yes, Leviticus 20:13 calls for the death penalty for homosexuals,” Swanson said.

“Yes, Romans chapter one verse 32, the Apostle Paul does say that homosexuals are worthy of death. His words not mine. And I am not ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ. And I am not ashamed of the word of god. And I am willing to go to jail for standing on the truth of the word of god.”
The comments have only been seized on in recent days by Trump supporters after Senator Cruz and third-placed candidate Marco Rubio used the support of white supremacist David Duke to hammer the billionaire.

You okay? I hope you're okay.

Bernie just said he knows about white poverty. Okay...

mostly. my eyes get abnormally dry in general thanks to this goddamn kidney disorder, and yesterday it finally caused an abrasion on that one (last time this happened was in October)

I just need to put ointments/drops on for the next few days, and then actually remember to put a different ointment/drop in every night forever

otherwise, i'm very much not gonna be okay. best case, my eyesight's permanently worse; worst case, i'm actually blind

mostly. my eyes get abnormally dry in general thanks to this goddamn kidney disorder, and yesterday it finally caused an abrasion on that one (last time this happened was in October)

I just need to put ointments/drops on for the next few days, and then actually remember to put a different ointment/drop in every night forever

otherwise, i'm very much not gonna be okay. best case, my eyesight's permanently worse; worst case, i'm actually blind

also, hoping this heals really quickly because i have a law exam in 3 days and my spring break starts in 5

Oh okay. Well, take care of yourself. I have eye issues, so I know how annoying they could be.

OMG, Bernie this is a Rubio type "talking points" thing.

Somehow he got from the debt, to healthcare, to free college. IN A SPAN OF 20 SECONDS.

hawk2025

We'll pay for free college with only a financial transaction tax?

That was a good way to handle the "trustworthy" question, I liked it.

jaekeem

bernie doesn't realize taht speculation taxes could never pay for nationwide free college

if you makea tax larger than the margin of any transaction you kill the incentive for making the transaction in the first place

Today marks the day I changed my mind officially about who to vote in the Primary.

I intended to vote Bernie as a "message" vote, but the constant anti-Hillary spew has convinced me that I'll vote for this to end as early as possible instead. I don't think Bernie is a strong candidate and Hillary's the more well-rounded choice anyway.

Sounds like you're right where I am. In fact, I think that a big part of the reason I voted for Sanders is just because my state was early enough that I hadn't changed my mind yet. If I were voting next week instead, I can't say for sure that I'd vote the same way.

Kusagari

Rubio quitting now would likely be forgotten in 4 years. Rubio losing Florida and getting 5% in Ohio won't ever be forgotten.

He could still try to salvage his career if he drops now. Can't blame them for making it an option now.

I never realized this was on.. Did I miss anything?

Somehow Bernie managed to take a question about the national debt, and completely misunderstand it as a question about his healthcare plan. When pressed on it, he responded with his free college plan.

And he just refused to defend Christians. On Fox News. Know your audience, even if you're right.

bernie doesn't realize taht speculation taxes could never pay for nationwide free college

if you makea tax larger than the margin of any transaction you kill the incentive for making the transaction in the first place

You are correct. At first I was sympathic to Bernie, but now I want him to go away.

VRMN

The way I'm going to fight ISIS is that I voted against the war in Iraq.

His answer to every domestic question pivots back to Wall Street and billionaires. His answer to every foreign policy question pivots back to his vote against the Iraq authorization.

It's honestly quite sad how stuck on message he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom