• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

A couple of things..

"Javier Gonzalez, Sanders’ Western states deputy field director." Shouldn't all of these people be fired at this point?

Also fucking hell, finally got done having to deal with Bernie and now we have to deal with the aftermath of all his "I still got a chance, don't believe the media, I will be the next President" bullshit he drilled into people's heads.

Slayven

A couple of things..

"Javier Gonzalez, Sanders’ Western states deputy field director." Shouldn't all of these people be fired at this point?

Also fucking hell, finally got done having to deal with Bernie and now we have to deal with the aftermath of all his "I still got a chance, don't believe the media, I will be the next President" bullshit he drilled into people's heads.

It will be interesting as fuck to see what Bernie does at and after the convention. I can see him still trying to hang on to the dream

fauxtrot

Banned
Trump finally canned Lewandowski after he realized Christie's McDonalds runs were more helpful than anything the manager of his presidential campaign was doing.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Bernie1.jpg

Heh.

Needs more labels doe.
Yo, Hillary, I'm really happy for you, I'ma let you finish, but Bernie had one of the best revolutions of all time! One of the best bird on a podiums of all time!

Kinda hard to point and laugh when math expert Sanders is still pretending to run a campaign.

"As a high school student in Sebastopol, Natalie Higley urged fellow students to support Barack Obama in a mock election. She registered as a Democrat once she turned 18, but she never voted, disappointed by Obama’s presidency and dismayed by her party’s candidates."

Natalie, you are 23 now. That means you chose to not vote in the 2010 and 2014 midterms. You are the problem. And no, you don't get to complain about Obama.

Typical stan.

"As a high school student in Sebastopol, Natalie Higley urged fellow students to support Barack Obama in a mock election. She registered as a Democrat once she turned 18, but she never voted, disappointed by Obama’s presidency and dismayed by her party’s candidates."

Natalie, you are 23 now. That means you chose to not vote in the 2010 and 2014 midterms. You are the problem. And no, you don't get to complain about Obama.

Typical stan.
Yeah, but Obamacare wasn't perfect, unlike every other piece of legislation in history (citation needed)

The FEC hasn't updated with June Monthlies yet.
I'm posting a lot at the moment. Sorry.
Not to be a jerk, although really I don't care if I am because whatever. But it's not just at the moment....

You do have like 500+ posts in this thread. That's five superior page length pages of posts in a fifty odd page thread.

It actually makes it hard to follow the thread sometimes.

Although I really only read Kev and pigeon's posts so whatever.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
John Kerry is back and better than ever!

1600.jpg

LOW EARTH ORBIT—Having stowed away aboard a Soyuz resupply rocket and silently slipped into the International Space Station as part of a high-level fact-finding mission, Secretary of State John Kerry reportedly found himself forced to jettison two Russian henchmen from an airlock Monday after being set upon by the thugs in an ambush that resulted in a violent zero-gravity struggle to the death. “Dasvidaniya, comrades,” a bruised and bloodied Kerry said as he pressed the button to open the airlock, having finally secured the upper hand over his adversaries by launching himself off one of the space station’s structural girders into a weightless somersault, driving his feet into an assailant’s chest, and sending the thug crashing into his accomplice, which caused both goons to tumble into the airtight compartment. According to reports, Kerry then slammed the passageway’s inner door shut and waited for the five-second pressurization delay, flatly stating “Say hello to Sputnik for me” through the chamber window as his attackers clawed at the opposite side of the glass in terror. After watching grimly through a porthole as the henchmen’s bodies swelled in size and went limp in the vacuum of space, Kerry was reportedly seen rushing over to the controls of the space station’s robotic arm, where he began the intricate process of capturing and disabling an orbiting spy satellite.

So good.

Teggy

So basically the Republicans voted against the Dem amendments and vice versa? How can the Democrats claim the high ground if they still voted against a bill that would stall a sale for three days? Even if it's not enough time to stop the sale, it alerts the authorities and they can monitor the person.

It's not perfect, but it probably would have stopped Orlando. Freaking do something, even if it's not perfect!

I hate politics.

It's not perfect, but it probably would have stopped Orlando. Freaking do something, even if it's not perfect!
This guy was reported to the FBI several times in his life. What do you want them to do, arrest him because he wears glasses?

There are not enough FBI agents in the world to monitor every no-fly list individual indefinitely after they purchase weapons.

itschris

It's so ridiculous how impossible it is to pass any regulations on guns in America. I guess nothing will ever happen unless there are large Democratic majorities in both chambers at the same time as a Democratic president.

On a lighter note:

Whether it's Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton, the next president will need to deal with setting aside defense cuts as part of sequestration, Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) said Monday, though he gave an indication as to which gender he expects the 45th commander in chief to be.

“The next president, whoever he or she — most likely she — is going to be, needs to get these defense cuts set aside," Graham remarked during a discussion at the Center for a New American Security's conference.

Hehe.

Teggy

This guy was reported to the FBI several times in his life. What do you want them to do, arrest him because he wears glasses?

There are not enough FBI agents in the world to monitor every no-fly list individual indefinitely after they purchase weapons.

Not indefinitely. The law stops the sale. That alone might be enough to interrupt the planning or freak the guy out. In this case the guy bought the guns 1 week prior IIRC. That could have done a lot.

At that point they have an excuse to revisit what they guy has been doing recently and see if anything sticks out. It's not like people on the no fly list are constantly buying guns.

Why did I just get a 2 minute ad against Ted Cruz on youtube? And why did they show the "booger" incident multiple times before I could hit skip. Ugh.

Clever. The Democrats blocked the Republican legislation because it would allow them to say that there was no action on gun control at all under their watch. I like it.
Not indefinitely. The law stops the sale. That alone might be enough to interrupt the planning or freak the guy out. In this case the guy bought the guns 1 week prior IIRC. That could have done a lot.

At that point they have an excuse to revisit what they guy has been doing recently and see if anything sticks out. It's not like people on the no fly list are constantly buying guns.
Then they would modify their behavior. This guy was staking this bar out for months, I'm sure he's patient.

TyrantII

It modifies the current law.

He could still buy it on Craigslist in a McDonald's parking lot or at a "Gun show" which can be a gun swap for all intent and purposes.

IE, the change really woukdnt have stoped him, since it doesn't bother to close the other likely and easy avenues to purchase an AR14

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I read a news item earlier saying that Hillary and her pacs are the only ones airing ads in battleground states at the moment. Is this a good or bad thing?

ampere

It modifies the current law.

He could still buy it on Craigslist in a McDonald's parking lot or at a "Gun show" which can be a gun swap for all intent and purposes.

IE, the change really woukdnt have stoped him, since it doesn't bother to close the other likely and easy avenues to purchase an AR14

Have to start somewhere and closing that avenue for purchasing is a good start.

The "gun show loophole" is going to be much harder to get rid of

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom