• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

HylianTom

Banned
PoliGAF 2016 Veepstakes starts tomorrow. Get your guesses ready.

Torn between Kaine and Warren as my predictions, but I'm thinking Kaine.

--

Meanwhile, the GOP is plotting against whomever Hillary picks:
The RNC Plans To Turn Bernie Backers Against Hillary Clinton’s VP Pick

The Republican National Committee is planning to cleave liberal voters away from Hillary Clinton as part of a campaign to counteract her forthcoming pick of a vice presidential running mate.

In a detailed memo outlining its strategy to combat Clinton’s VP choice, the committee says it will frame the selection as both a cynical play to certain constituencies and as an emotional letdown for voters who backed Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) in the Democratic primary. ...

With respect to Kaine, the committee’s plan of attack will be to paint him as a “career politician” whose positions on trade and abortion makes him unpalatable for supporters of Sanders. (Without irony, the RNC’s memo also says they will portray a Clinton/Kaine ticket as too liberal for the electorate because of Kaine’s support for Obamacare and his time as a lawyer for the ACLU).

For Castro, the committee will argue that he is woefully inexperienced and that the limited record he has is a disappointment to liberals: from supporting NAFTA to pushing, while mayor of San Antonio, to get a Connecticut-based gun manufacturer to move its headquarters to the city. ...

A Warren choice, the RNC concedes, would go over well with Sanders supporters. But it would be “an extreme lurch left” that the committee would paint as “intensely liberal and uncompromising.” Interestingly, the RNC hints that it would use the selection of Warren as a means of diminishing Clinton, both by playing up Warren as, in some ways, the more powerful of the two and by portraying Clinton as captive to her base.

watershed

Banned
The wit!

I'm not leaving the Kaine VP train. I was on it in 2008 too.

Biden was the far better pick for Obama in 08. Kaine is an always safe pick. He reminds me of Al Gore. Obama found a more exciting and more complementary pick in Biden, even though Kaine was also at the top of the veepstakes. I hope Clinton also finds her better pick instead of settling for Kaine.

Emarv

--

Perez and Becerra are both progressive enough to not look bad to the Progressive Wing, but they probably won't be picked :/

watershed

Banned

--

These are weak attacks. Of course both sides will try to undermine the other's VP pick but these strategies don't seem very resonant. Maybe the GOP has a VP curse ever since McCain picked Palin. God I still remember the shock and swift downfall from all that, despite the momentary boost she gave to the ticket. Then Ryan, a "smart pick" completely imploded during the VP debate with only Fox News propping him up by arguing that Biden bullied him.

I can't wait to see who Trump picks. I think it be a real curveball pick. More surprising than Palin?

Edit: Although to be honest, I do think Castro would be a bad pick, Kaine would be a boring pick that doesn't take advantage of the political potential of choosing a VP, and Warren would be a mistake in my mind.

NeoXChaos

PoliGAF 2016 Veepstakes Sweepstakes

It's Redemption Time. The name of the game is the same but this time with two picks. Guess the VP pick of Hillary and Trump and you will be featured in future OT's. Picks are FINAL when you tell me.

Due Friday July 1, 2016

Democrats

Senators

Tim Kaine
NeoXChaos
HylianTom
Cesare Borgia
Crayons
Plinko
pigeon
Aaron Strife
chiym1992
Y2Kev
Alcander
TheLostBigBoss
Frank the Great
Farmboy
Box of Kittens
Brinbe
thebloo
HylianHistorian
Grexeno
Aceun
whyamihere
Tubie
Bronx-Man
studyguy
Shalashaska161
HK-47
Necrovex
Veritigo_X
GutsOfThor
Renji_11

Elizabeth Warren
euphemism
AntraxSuicide
Thequietone
IggyChooChoo
ampere
B-Dubs
eBay Huckster
Retromelon
adam387
Ondore
BanGy.nz
Sirpopopop
Samarecarm
dakini
euphemism
thestopsign
Ignatz Mouse
Holmes
CCS
kirblar
excelsiorlef
ItWasMeantToBe19
Poodlestrike
Suikoguy
Sibylus
gaugebozo
NSQuote
RadioJoNES64
Snake
jiggle
TheAbsolution
VendettaRed07
minor effort
thcsquad
BitStyle
Pixieking
FSLink
Kristoffer
FloydtheFathead
thepotatoman
QuiteWhittle
jack_package_200
Sagroth
theprodigy
Drakeon
nature boy
kingkitty
fauxtrot
hammysaurusrex
StormBrute
RastaMentality
DataStream
zou
googleplex
WoodWERD

Sherrod Brown
Iolo

Al Fraenken
Maengun1
Kangi

U.S House

Xavier Becerra
itschris
Emarv
Diablos
watershed
Farmboy
EskimoJoe
ctothej
Magni

U.S Cabinet

Tom Perez
Paskil
OrangeGrayBlue
Bowdz
Coriolanus

Julian Castro
Marvie_3

Governors

Mark Dayton
Fox318

WildCard

Jeb Bush
Makai

Republicans

Senators

Jeff Sessions
IggyChooChoo
Plinko
B-Dubs
eBay Huckster
itschris
Paskil
adam387
Ondore
euphemism
Brinbe
Ignatz Mouse
Holmes
Emarv
excelsiorlef
thebloo
HylianHistorian
ItWasMeantToBe19
Grexeno
gaugebozo
Bronx-Man
HK-47
euphemism
BitStyle
EskimoJoe
Renji_11
fauxtrot

Joni Ernst
Iolo

Tom Cotton
OrangeGrayBlue

Rick Santorum
DataStream

Shelley Capito
Samarecarm

U.S House

Newt Gingrich
Thequietone
ampere
Cesare Borgia
Diablos
HylianTom
Box of Kittens
thestopsign
CCS
kirblar
Aceun
Tubie
thcsquad
Pixieking
FSLink
Marvie_3
Farmboy
FloydtheFathead
Veritigo_X
Kristoffer
jack_package_200
Sagroth
Bowdz
zou
googleplex
Magni

Louie Gohmert
Fox318

Governors

Chris Christie
AntraxSuicide
NeoXChaos
pigeon
Aaron Strife
chiym1992
Y2Kev
BanGy.nz
watershed
Frank the Great
dakini
Makai
Poodlestrike
Sibylus
NSQuote
RadioJoNES64
Snake
TheAbsolution
whyamihere
studyguy
minor effort
Shalashaska161
Necrovex
ctothej
theprodigy
kingkitty
hammysaurusrex
StormBrute
RastaMentality
Coriolanus
WoodWERD

Jan Brewer
thepotatoman
GutsOfThor

Sarah Palin
Suikoguy

Mary Fallin
TheLostBigBoss
QuiteWhittle
Drakeon
nature boy

Bobby Jindal
Retromelon

Paul Lepage

Other

Ben Carson
Kangi

Aaron Scock
jiggle

Emarv

Fuck it, put me down for Becerra.

I think there's like a 4.5% chance of it happening, but if I'm right I'll look like a genius. And it's the VP choice I want in my heart. Surprise us all, Hillary!
it's gonna be Warren or Kaine, I know. I'm fine with that

watershed

Banned
Fuck it, put me down for Becerra.

I think there's like a 4.5% chance of it happening, but if I'm right I'll look like a genius. And it's the VP choice I want in my heart. Surprise us all, Hillary!
it's gonna be Warren or Kaine, I know. I'm fine with that

I like Becerra over anyone else on the known list. He's definitely got more energy than Kaine, is actually latino, speaks spanish, has been a part of house leadership, seems qualified. Maybe there is baggage there, but he seems like a better pick than Kaine.

Ecotic

I thought more strongly it would be Kaine, but his appearance on Meet the Press this morning where he just flat out says "I am boring" made me think twice. He's got the Rob Portman disease, he checks all the boxes and is from a critical swing state but damn if he isn't incredibly plain.

Emarv

I like Becerra over anyone else on the known list. He's definitely got more energy than Kaine, is actually latino, speaks spanish, has been a part of house leadership, seems qualified. Maybe there is baggage there, but he seems like a better pick than Kaine.
Exactly. Aside from Kaine, he's the most qualified on the list, has a good story, is good on message and well spoken, more handsome than all of the others, we'll known in the Hispanic community, all in addition to everything you said.

It all comes down to chemistry and lack of skeletons, but I have my fingers crossed. Would love to vote for a fellow Mexican American. Would be a very cool thing for me and my family.

Perez and Becerra are both progressive enough to not look bad to the Progressive Wing, but they probably won't be picked :/

Yeah, I like them both. I'm super on Team Perez, but I'll throw in for Warren as the Veep pick.

Edit: And I think Chris Christie is going to be Trump's VP.

NeoXChaos

Democrat: Tim Kaine- not going to get burned with my previous Fall pick of Castro. It's sadly not happening
Republican: Chris Christie- I have no idea with a list of names for Trump let alone a pick since he's so toxic but if I had to guess its going to be Christie.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Most of it went to RNC?

lolol trump dump

Also I don't really remember Biden "destroying" Ryan in the debate. I seem to remember it being pretty split and liberals FREAKING OUT over Obama sleepwalking through the first debate. Hopefully Hillary learned how Romney completely snuck his way to the center in that debate and is prepared for Trump.

NeoXChaos

lolol trump dump

Also I don't really remember Biden "destroying" Ryan in the debate. I seem to remember it being pretty split and liberals FREAKING OUT over Obama sleepwalking through the first debate. Hopefully Hillary learned how Romney completely snuck his way to the center in that debate and is prepared for Trump.

I hope not because a meltdown against Trump.... oh wait Hillary is much better than Obama at debates. She will devour Trump's soul.

It sounds like Gingrich was eliminated after he criticized Trump over the Curiel flap, and Sessions seems to be the top pick at the moment.
I was wrong about JEB! and I am probably wrong this time as well. Got Hillary right but that was an easy guess. I thought I read Gingrich got back ion his good side after the judge incident?

Kangi

That's really risky since Carson only ran to sell books ;)

http://www.theonion.com/graphic/trumps-potential-vp-picks-53138

"Ben Carson (Retired Neurosurgeon): The former presidential candidate is likely to wander onto the RNC stage regardless of whether or not he earns the vice presidential nomination."

Then they'll just put him on the ticket because why not. Hey look a minority!

Thought Carson wasn't even being considered, especially since Carson is the head of Trump's Veep committee?

In that case I'm sure he'll gladly pick himself to be the VP. Imagine the book sales!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Democrats: Tim "Vanilla Ice" (Because he is plain and beings no fire to the heart of voters) Kaine

Republicans: Jeff "Because somebody has to make Trump look less crazy" Sessions

ampere

I'm gonna go with Warren and Gingrich too. Was thinking about picking Christie, but I think he's just a McDonalds gopher now

Thought Carson wasn't even being considered, especially since Carson is the head of Trump's Veep committee?

"I've determined the best VP selection is... me"

itschris

Democrats: Xavier Becerra
Republicans: Jeff Sessions

It'll probably be Kaine, but since I've been a Becerra backer, I'll take the risky bet and go down with Emarv (or look smart in the off chance we're right).

Emarv

Aren't Corker and Cotton on Trump's list? It's hard to keep track.

No way it's Newt. I think Trump wanted him but dismissed him after he bashed the judge comments. I bet that hurt Trump's feelings. Palin and all of the other clown car nominees seem too silly for him, as much as I'd like to see them happen.

It's gonna be Sessions.

Emarv

Democrats: Xavier Becerra
Republicans: Jeff Sessions

It'll probably be Kaine, but since I've been a Becerra backer, I'll take the risky bet and go down with Emarv (or look smart in the off chance we're right).
The Dream is close to being over, bro, but we'll go down as happily as we can.

tumblr_inline_o8x18nNdbQ1r8u8pv_500.gif

The Dream is close to being over, bro, but we'll go down as happily as we can.

tumblr_inline_o8x18nNdbQ1r8u8pv_500.gif

I've been down on Becerra because of that cocaine trafficker pardon deal, but maybe I have been looking at it the wrong way. Maybe it would be just what we need to fully bring out the GOP anti-hispanic racism. I just don't like how it ties right back to Bill. Otherwise I think Becerra is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom