• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cl5Rwq4WYAAk_jd.jpg

OMG THEM SHOES DOE. Yassss. No ankle strap in the middle of summer in a parade. Yassss.

Also, Sandra Lee!? Yasssssssss.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I didn't feel like waiting.

13533148_10210006511978117_2314285986821909810_n.jpg

That's pretty much what my map would look like if I had to make one now.

What is the deadline going to be for any type of contest? Riskiest guess would be AZ.

I was there but I didn't see Hillary

How could you miss our Queen's radiance? Every gay has a beacon built in. It's like how I can always tell that "low fat" sour cream tastes like shit. When our Queen is present, you should know. Mess.

Kidding. I hope you had fun at Pride.

kirblar

Brexit: Making Americans go "Oh, maybe this isn't so bad after all" by giving them a point of reference for horrible politicians.

Did y'all see this awesome story from the NYT?

Dude is arguing that Hillary is not a successful candidate because her vote totals are less than Trump and Bernie COMBINED.

Mr. Sanders and Mr. Trump won a combined 25 million votes during the primary season, compared with 16 million for Mrs. Clinton. And while many of Mr. Sanders’s supporters are expected to support her in November, she has not recalibrated her message to try to tap into the anger that he and Mr. Trump channeled.

danm999

Yep. Between Cameron completely imploding and Corbryn refusing to lift a finger the UK has shown the world just how incompetent politicians of all ideologies can truly be.

Americans should be thanking their lucky stars they have Obama and the option for Hillary.

kirblar

Yep. Between Cameron completely imploding and Corbryn refusing to lift a finger the UK has shown the world just how incompetent politicians of all ideologies can truly be.

Americans should be thanking their lucky stars they have Obama and the option for Hillary.
Cameron makes John Boehner look like a hero.

Crayons

Banned
How could you miss our Queen's radiance? Every gay has a beacon built in. It's like how I can always tell that "low fat" sour cream tastes like shit. When our Queen is present, you should know. Mess.

Kidding. I hope you had fun at Pride.

lol.

No I didn't because there were so many people and I had little standing space and got all anxious and tensed up ;-;
people scare me

Vahagn

There's no point in debating with trump supporters.

Call them neo-Nazis. Ask if they've lynched any black people lately, and ask them how many fantasies they have of wanting to fuck their own daughters.

These people are like slave owners, segregationists, KKK members, the Taliban etc.

Once you even begin to take any argument they make seriously you're already giving them a 1000 times more respect then they deserve

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 7h7 hours ago
Crooked Hillary just took a major ad of me playing golf at Turnberry. Shows me hitting shot, but I never did = lie! Was there to support son

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 29m29 minutes ago
Hillary Clinton is not a change agent, just the same old status quo! She is spending a fortune, I am spending very little. Close in polls!

LOLOL

There's no point in debating with trump supporters.

Call them neo-Nazis. Ask if they've lynched any black people lately, and ask them how many fantasies they have of wanting to fuck their own daughters.

These people are like slave owners, segregationists, KKK members, the Taliban etc.

Once you even begin to take any argument they make seriously you're already giving them a 1000 times more respect then they deserve
Nah, man. Love trumps hate.

Crooked Hillary just took a major ad of me playing golf at Turnberry. Shows me hitting shot, but I never did = lie! Was there to support son

Hillary Clinton is not a change agent, just the same old status quo! She is spending a fortune, I am spending very little. Close in polls!

LOLOL

#MakeTrumpsTwitterGreatAgain

Alright, experts of PoliGAF. Let's say the Democrats dominate so hard in November that they retake the House and Senate, and one of the first things they tackle in 2017 is gun control. What would we see?

Hillary's website says she's pushing to "strengthen" background checks. Should that be interpreted as universal background checks? She also supports repealing the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act, nixing the Charleston loophole, and making it harder for various types of criminals/suspected criminals from buying guns.

Would we see anything more than that? Federal database? Limit on total number of guns one can own? Handgun ban?

I know a lot of people here advocate incrementalism for most things, but I feel that pushing only for changes like universal background checks might make further changes down the road less politically viable, as many might feel we've "done enough" once background checks, etc. are implemented.

Thoughts?

Makai

Alright, experts of PoliGAF. Let's say the Democrats dominate so hard in November that they retake the House and Senate, and one of the first things they tackle in 2017 is gun control. What would we see?

Hillary's website says she's pushing to "strengthen" background checks. Should that be interpreted as universal background checks? She also supports repealing the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act, nixing the Charleston loophole, and making it harder for various types of criminals/suspected criminals from buying guns.

Would we see anything more than that? Federal database? Limit on total number of guns one can own? Handgun ban?

I know a lot of people here advocate incrementalism for most things, but I feel that pushing only for changes like universal background checks might make further changes down the road less politically viable, as many might feel we've "done enough" once background checks, etc. are implemented.

Thoughts?
If they do more, then many might feel we've "done too much" and punish the Dems in 2018.

LOLOL

I have never, fucking ever seen a presumptive nominee advertise that they are "close in polls" in such a positive light

halp

If they do more, then many might feel we've "done too much" and punish the Dems in 2018.

2018 is going to be a bad time no matter what dems do

what, you think that people are magically going to vote in a midterm election?

Best use the time they have for anything and everything and then deal with 2018-2020. If Hillary tries and be safe with her first term then she's going to waste it considering the likely hood of a recession and the fact it would be three terms with dems as POTUS.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Hillary is a fucking shill who will do anything for votes. She has been going after LGBT votes for SIXTEEN YEARS look at this shit

Cl5eayHWgAAlKDR.jpg

2018 is going to be a bad time no matter what dems do

what, you think that people are magically going to vote in a midterm election?

Best use the time they have for anything and everything and then deal with 2018-2020

I'd hope the spike in registrations from Hipsanics, etc. might translate to an increase in the number of consistent voters.

Though I fear there might also be some sort of bounce back in 2018 from Rs who sat out in 2016.

Plus going balls out on legislation might give the "But what has Obama DONE!?" left crowd less to bitch about and they'll actually show up. Not terribly likely, but worth a shot.

I feel the healthcare reform fight, while it produced pretty substantial legislation, was too politically ugly that people were disillusioned early on, and Dodd-Frank was too abstract for people to think of it as significant (anything short of Wall Street guys in shackles would be seen as disappointing). I wish cap and trade hadn't stalled in the Senate.

Hopefully - hopefully - Hillary will be able to get some significant reforms passed in the way of college tuitions/student loans, immigration and climate change so Dems will have some major achievements to run on in the midterms. Additionally, gun control and the Equality Act would be good olive branches to the base, as well as a minimum wage increase and a big investment in mass transit (which are universally supported but would probably just be seen more as "oh, that's neat" similar to a lot of the stimulus act's provisions). In any case, it's best to count on us losing in 2018 any Congressional gains we make this November. Not to discourage us, but to put a fire under the Democrats' ass to try for a solid two years.

Iolo

@realDonaldTrump Crooked Hillary Clinton got Brexit wrong. I said LEAVE will win. She has no sense of markets and such bad judgement. Only a question of time

Checkmate

If Trump just sits on Twitter issuing zingers while Hillary outspends him 1 billion to zero on battleground state ads, I can't see how he loses.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Didn't Trump raise money? How are they not on the air yet

I'm starting to think there was some funny business / lies about that.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Trump talking about poles, Adam must be really confused right now.

itschris

Tim Kaine was interviewed by Chuck Todd today:

CHUCK TODD:

"Kaine is as boring as he is safe." "Kaine is also considered kind of, well, boring," after they talk about, "He has a deep resume, well-tested political skills... But he's not anybody's idea of exploding volcano of charisma."

SEN. TIM KAINE:

Ha-ha!

CHUCK TODD:

That might be my favorite description here, "you lack an exploding volcano of charisma." Are these critiques or compliments to you?

SEN. TIM KAINE:

I mean, they're true. I am boring. But--

CHUCK TODD:

Okay.

SEN. TIM KAINE:

But boring is the fastest-growing demographic in this country.

Video here and transcript here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom