• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paskil

Dem: Perez
Repub: GIN....AAAAAAAAAARRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH...Sessions

Now that I've written it out and it will be recorded, I will probably be wrong and it will either be Warren or Kaine. :(

Crayons

Banned
I don't want Chris ² tie to be the GOP VP simply because it would be hilarious that he became Donald's kinky submissive sex slave for no reason

Bowdz

Why are you guys so up on Sessions?

I understand his stated criteria (Washington experience, foreign policy experience), but Sessions lacks all of the standard qualities of a VP which absolutely still apply to Trump's campaign. He's a shit surrogate, will bomb the VP debate against nearly any of the potential Clinton picks, and is a terrible attack dog. IMO, Trump would be foolish to not choose Christie or Gingrich. They both have baggage, but so does Trump. Both are skilled orators who can (fact based or not) give scathing rebukes of the Democrats and will absolutely rock the VP debate against most of Clinton's potential picks. Sessions, Corker, and Cotton are like Tim Kaine x 1000: boring as shit, crap campaigners, and terrible debaters.

Paskil

Honestly, Ivanka would be a better pick than all of the other bustas he has to choose from.
The gingrich pick is just too toxic. Christie is pushing that threshold already IMO.

Yup. I don't understand the thinking behind Gingrich being a viable choice. He is the human equivalent of toxic waste. No one wants toxic waste near them.

I understand his stated criteria (Washington experience, foreign policy experience), but Sessions lacks all of the standard qualities of a VP which absolutely still apply to Trump's campaign. He's a shit surrogate, will bomb the VP debate against nearly any of the potential Clinton picks, and is a terrible attack dog. IMO, Trump would be foolish to not choose Christie or Gingrich. They both have baggage, but so does Trump. Both are skilled orators who can (fact based or not) give scathing rebukes of the Democrats and will absolutely rock the VP debate against most of Clinton's potential picks. Sessions, Corker, and Cotton are like Tim Kaine x 1000: boring as shit, crap campaigners, and terrible debaters.

The VP debate is one news cycle. I think Trump is looking for someone that backs him up with conservative credentials and doesn't rock the boat too much. I don't think Trump takes Christie seriously, given the whole fat narrative that has come out in the last few weeks. Gingrich is just toxic.

RNC decides to leak all of their attacks against Hillary's VPs ahead of time because...?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/clinton-vp-choice_us_577027f7e4b0f1683239e34a

Jeff Sessions is Trump's closest ally that Trump has any respect for (Christie is a servant that Trump uses), that's the logic.

Sessions is such an extreme racist that it's going to be ridiculous if he picks Sessions though.

watershed

Banned
I'm gonna go with Warren and Gingrich too. Was thinking about picking Christie, but I think he's just a McDonalds gopher now

"I've determined the best VP selection is... me"

Isn't this exactly what Cheney did? I could swear he was head of Bush's search in 2000 and ended up finding himself.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
People that think Trump actually views Christie as some kind of manslave and/or sex servant need to get off Politico.

Alcander

Its gonna be Kaine, and probably sessions? I'd love it to be Warren, or Franken. Franken is kind of a dark horse IMO.

Isn't this exactly what Cheney did? I could swear he was head of Bush's search in 2000 and ended up finding himself.

He was haha.

watershed

Banned
Christie would be a pick I could understand for Trump. Another east coast "tough guy," loud, brash white male who likes insulting other people? Sounds like a Trump pick. And he would probably do pretty good in the 1 VP debate.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
IDK, "Christie was seen fetching McDonalds for Mr. Trump" seems....

Today I got Five Guys for me and my roommate. I guess I am his servant.

oh maybe I should put it in this format

Beltway Twitter Loser @expertpoliticotheorist 1h

Saw @realdonaldtrump's manservant @chrischristie getting Mcdonalds...asked him for a comment and he ignored me #servant #bitch #fat

Emarv

I honestly think Christie wants something like AG. I think he's smart enough to not want to be on stage every night with Trump. He wants to ride the coattails but not have his name on the same bumpersticker as Trump's. idk, I'm probably wrong.

Bowdz

Yup. I don't understand the thinking behind Gingrich being a viable choice. He is the human equivalent of toxic waste. No one wants toxic waste near them.

The VP debate is one news cycle. I think Trump is looking for someone that backs him up with conservative credentials and doesn't rock the boat too much. I don't think Trump takes Christie seriously, given the whole fat narrative that has come out in the last few weeks. Gingrich is just toxic.

It is just one news cycle, but it happens to fall at a very consequential time. Having grandpa Sessions get rolled by Warren, Perez, or Bacerra would certainly leave an even worse taste in people's mouths because it'll look like the entire ticket isn't as competent as the Democrats. Say what you will about Christie, but outside of Warren, I don't think the Dems have any VP candidates that will be able to best him in a 1v1 debate.

People that think Trump actually views Christie as some kind of manslave and/or sex servant need to get off Politico.

I do think Trump disrespects Christie because he is fat. Somewhat paradoxically, I think Trump also worries about Christie upstaging him. Sessions lacks these problems, is a solid conservative, and will make Trump look exciting by contrast.

Los Tres Amigos: Obama, Trudeau and Nieto to meet in Ottawa to discus North American matters, trade, climate change and newly how to handle the Brexit and EU fuckery.
1218410-premier-ministre-justin-trudeau-president.jpg

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/three-amigos-climate-summit-1.3645995

Clinton: Tim Kaine

Clinton is safe, Trump is literally a fucking 100 pile car wreck happening over a six month period, she is playing it safe and not going to jeopardize her election because of energy or something.

Trump: Mary Fallin

A huge issue is the gender gap, Christi his is man servant, Newt is literally going to kill his campaign.

I didn't feel like waiting.

13533148_10210006511978117_2314285986821909810_n.jpg

I wish I still had the map I made in school showing Dole beating Clinton. I'm curious how realistic it was. Obviously not very, since Clinton always had a sizable lead in the polls. But I do wonder if I at least came up with a plausible path to victory for Dole in the event he closed the gap in the polls, or I was just randomly giving him states like New York and California.

Emarv

Los Tres Amigos: Obama, Trudeau and Nieto to meet in Ottawa to discus North American matters, trade, climate change and newly how to handle the Brexit and EU fuckery.
1218410-premier-ministre-justin-trudeau-president.jpg

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/three-amigos-climate-summit-1.3645995

Meanwhile I'm seeing this racist, tasteless garbage on my Facebook. White boys don't appreciate the thickness.

not gonna embed because it's mean trash and from a FB group called "Heritage not hate. Confederate flag supporters"

I should really unfriend the trash I have on Facebook.

Emarv

Hillary's VP doesn't matter that much because Deborah Ross will be the 2024 nominee regardless of the VP selection in 2016.

No way. Hillary's gonna pass it on to Chelsea Clinton and thus begin the first American Monarchy and declare martial law. Obama was a test run. #wakeupsheeple

Paskil

VP sweepstakes winners

Dem: Becerra
GOP: Christie

* But I also feel like Trump is going to pick a woman.

Eh, I could also see this, but I think his options are limited. Fallin is meh. I don't think Martinez would take it. Who does that leave? Haley, Love? Certainly not Palin. That Creek already got shat in. I can see Joni Ernst.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom