• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's an error in the PA race. McGinty is at 39. She's only down by 1.

Portman and Toomey are both in really shitty positions for blue state incumbents (yeah I'm counting Ohio as a blue state dwi), they're basically in the same spot that Hagan was in 2014.

So basically -

WI and IL - slam dunks

NH and FL - very slight Dem advantage

OH, NC, AZ and PA - very slight GOP advantage (high undecideds tho)

IA - check yourself before you wreck yourself

If it is a wave Democrats could very well pick up all of those seats, completely flipping the 2014 result.

Clarence Thomas is evil.

I don't think you can ever interact with someone who has been abused before and want their abuser to have a murder weapon and be a human being.

Chichikov

So, here in NYC, Congressman Jerrold Nadler, ranked as the 16th most progressive member of Congress with a 95% ProgressivePunch score, is facing a primary challenge tomorrow.

His challenger is a 30-year-old, openly gay, Orthodox Jewish political neophyte, Oliver Rosenberg, who was a Republican until very recently and switched parties to challenge Nadler for no discernible reason other than that Rosenberg is a Likudnik with an axe to grind over Nadler's support for the Iran deal last year.

The debate they had this morning is, um, really something.
He dropped "the rent is too damn high" and a Hamilton the Musical quote in his opening statement.
Well then.

Edit: oh here's the Iran shit. This is hilarious.

13507203_10154943679260410_1915641674734853658_n.jpg

not even mad

#teamcersei

Actually more upset that they couldn't take the extra 2 minutes to make the image aesthetically balanced.

anHRH8B.png
Hillary should wear that black murder dress to her inauguration.
We can make this happen.
Believe.

watershed

Banned
I'm gonna be pissed when the media decides to make this election all about the horse race instead of the fact that Trump is a hateful bigot. Every GE, the media stops talking about issues and starts focusing only on hype, polls, and viral moments.

Armaros

I'm gonna be pissed when the media decides to make this election all about the horse race instead of the fact that Trump is a hateful bigot. Every GE, the media stops talking about issues and starts focusing only on hype, polls, and viral moments.

Hell, they started to attack pollsters (in 2012) that said 'polls say the race isn't close'

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
You can already feel it. So many news organizations are so desperate to call even the slightest change in Trump's diction a wild pivot that will attract mainstream Americans.

The blackboxes of the Egyptian plane were repaired like two hours ago.

So I just we'll find out pretty soon what happened with EgyptAir. Don't think it was terrorism.

Holmes

It was all about the horserace in May, and after the first week in June it was about Trump being a hateful racist, which took a slight backseat during the week of the tragedy in Orlando.

Warren
Gingrich

Clinton's going to call out the banking bluff and pick Warren because the field testing is just too hard to deny right now. I think if this ends up being the combination, we will ironically have two great matches: Clinton and Gingrich, and Warren and Trump. Clinton and Slithering Newt are both quiet intellectuals. Warren and Trump are both bulldogs with a lot of bark.

pigeon

Banned
The blackboxes of the Egyptian plane were repaired like two hours ago.

So I just we'll find out pretty soon what happened with EgyptAir. Don't think it was terrorism.

It's all terrorism. Maybe it was a terrorist flock of birds. Maybe it was a terrorist mechanical defect. Maybe it was a terrorist wind current. Who knows? All we know is that terrorism is everywhere.

It's all terrorism. Maybe it was a terrorist flock of birds. Maybe it was a terrorist mechanical defect. Maybe it was a terrorist wind current. Who knows? All we know is that terrorism is everywhere.

Birds are only terrorists if they screech in a way that could be confused with "Abdul Akbar!"

Link

The Autumn Wind
HOLY FUUUUUCK...

AZ is fucking nuts! Can we finally kick out McCain? Also, get FUCKED Johnson. PAYBACK'S A BITCH!
There's something poetic about the fact that McCain could be voted out while Feingold is likely voted back in.

watershed

Banned
You can already feel it. So many news organizations are so desperate to call even the slightest change in Trump's diction a wild pivot that will attract mainstream Americans.

Yes, this annoys me so much. It's like the media suddenly absolves him of all his past comments just because he "changes his tone." I think it's unethical for media organizations that reach so many, to all pretend to suffer from selective amnesia for the sake of viewership and a tight race.

itschris

Nate Silver
‏@NateSilver538

Tonight's the night when I stay up all night programming because Maine and Nebraska split their damn vote by congressional district.

It's "worth it" though because Trump could easily win an electoral vote in Maine's 2nd district and Clinton could easily win Nebraska's 2nd.

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/747685882463985664

Sounds like FiveThirtyEight's general election model might be going up soon.

Diablos

Is anyone thinking Johnson and to a lesser extent Stein could really hurt close races in states like AZ?

Also maybe here in PA since everyone is freaking out about it?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Finally saw Forma on the stump. Sign her the fuck up! The Republicans are going CRAZY with the Indian thing. It looks SO bad for them!

Starting to see Trump's talking points about Warren's ancestry / Harvard gain prominence on r/S4P. Simply amazing. You couldn't ask for a better natural experiment in horseshoe theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom