• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Wouldn't be shocked at all to see Haley end up as Trump's VP.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Yes, this annoys me so much. It's like the media suddenly absolves him of all his past comments just because he "changes his tone." I think it's unethical for media organizations that reach so many, to all pretend to suffer from selective amnesia for the sake of viewership and a tight race.
What I find more offensive is how often they have Trump shills on as "political analysts." And now CNN even hired Corey Lewandowski. You might as well just play back Donald Trump soundbites.

Guys, guys, I made the dankest meme/political cartoon ever -

ahvR0Hh.jpg

Send to all your friends!
Nice! Now make one where Trump is the high sparrow and the Republicans are the rest of the people in the Sept.

HylianTom

Banned
Seems like MSNBC has been covering this GOP presser for a while, and I've had it on mute the entire time.. is it me, or is Trey Gowdy horrible with handling his facial expressions? The man always seems either in over his head, exasperated, or nauseated.

Teggy

Wow, so this actually finally the end of government investigation into Benghazi? Now it just lives on in hearts of conspiracy theorists.

Drakeon

Wouldn't be shocked at all to see Haley end up as Trump's VP.

Trump isn't that smart and I don't think Haley is stupid enough to attach herself to the obvious political anchor that is Donald Trump. Trump isn't going to try and use his VP pick to outmaneuver or help himself on demographics, even though he should, because it's not his style. He'll pick someone he likes, like Sessions or Christie.

Paskil

Wow, so this actually finally the end of government investigation into Benghazi? Now it just lives on in hearts of conspiracy theorists.

Yeah, I'm not holding my breath on that. This was the 6th or 7th investigation/committee for Benghazi. At this rate, we might as well aim for a bakers dozen.

Zona

It's New York’s Congressional Primary day and my district, the 3rd, has five people lined up to try and replace Steve Israel.

I always end up stressing over these votes more then any GE. I mean, it should be reasonably hard for the Dem candidate to lose the 3rd, but what if I vote for the wrong person and make that happen?!

I'm leaning Jon Kaiman, but that fact that he's Anti TPP is giving me pause.

Brinbe

lol what an awful fucking graph.

Gotta keep establishing the conceit of a horserace despite the polls. THEY'RE STILL NECK AND NECK, I SWEAR.
KuGsj.gif

Anyway, I think 6-8 points is about where the race is nationally right now. And I think that's where it likely finishes in Nov. Hopefully that leads to a blowout in the EC.

The argument of "Trump voters are just worried about immigration and terrorism!" when Trump voters live in the deep south which (other than Texas) has few undocumented immigrants and a 0% chance of being affected by ISIS.

Hillary said:
Let's provide debt relief as soon as we can, as soon as we start to work, Elizabeth. We'll take the day off for the inauguration, and then the Senate, the Congress, the White House, we're going to get to work to give students and their families relief from this debt.

Woah. That's vp talk if I ever heard it.

Meh, what's the difference?

They're both bloated, right wing nut jobs who exist on nothing but pure hate and McDonalds, probably.
That's why I've decided to start calling them gopveep, which sounds like a disgusting alien race of slavers incapable of limiting their own consumption.

I can't envision anything other than a blowout in the electoral college. How likely is this outcome?

81576f34c2.png

The chances of either Pennsylvania or Florida going red seem pretty slim, with Trump below in every swing state
I'm no expert but isn't NC expected to go blue too? Otherwise that's what I expect, maybe a few red states flipping but even with Trump I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't get better than that.

Edit: yeah, the Nebraska EV as well on mine and Wisconsin. I always forget those two. I won't predict red states flipping.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Meh, what's the difference?

They're both bloated, right wing nut jobs who exist on nothing but pure hate and McDonalds, probably.

Come on they have differences. One's a horrible asshole and the other is a horrible asshole. Never mind I see what you mean.

Emarv

Yeah, she's teasing it pretty damn hardcore. I hope her campaign realizes what they're doing here.
Lets dispel the notion that Hillary Clinton doesn't know what she's doing. She knows exactly what she's doing.

wooing sanders voters with a Tim Kaine bait and switch

I can't envision anything other than a blowout in the electoral college. How likely is this outcome?

81576f34c2.png

The chances of either Pennsylvania or Florida going red seem pretty slim, with Trump below in every swing state

Wisconsin isn't going red. At a minimum I see her getting all these plus WI plus or minus PA.

As for warren the test run seems to be going pretty well, otherwise I imagine she would be downplaying the two together. A bait and switch like this would be pretty terrible.

Holmes

As for warren the test run seems to be going pretty well, otherwise I imagine she would be downplaying the two together. A bait and switch like this would be pretty terrible.
Mhmm. You'd think the campaign would be pushing other prospects into the spotlight too, but they're really not. It's all been Warren.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
If she loses WI she loses PA. I'd put them both as strongly lean blue but not a virtual guarantee like NY or CA.

NC and AZ are the two wildcards this election assuming everything continues as it is.

Ophelion

Mhmm. You'd think the campaign would be pushing other prospects into the spotlight too, but they're really not. It's all been Warren.

Just what I was going to say. Clinton's social media feed spends a ton of time on Elizabeth Warren. I've seen multiple quotes from her endorsement, posts linking to things she said about Trump, on and on. The only other person who's gotten any meaningful spotlight time out of Clinton's feed has been Al Franken, but that was relatively early on in the primary. No real mention of Perez, Kaine, anybody.

At first I thought it was just because Warren's social media game is strong and it was just, "This other person you probably like and follow also likes me! I'm popular by association, right?"

But this is getting to be a lot. The Ohio rally was good I thought. I'd be sad to lose Warren in the Senate, but it does seem to make sense. At this point, I'll be pretty surprised if Warren isn't the pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom