• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have a B- on 538's pollster rankings.

So not great, but shouldn't be dismissed.

Although yes, their numbers in the primary and also 2014's election (their last poll showed Braley up *sob*) are kind of wonky.

Honestly I think letting the American people see the GOP convention without interruption is a better idea. Sounds like it's going to be a complete disaster with Trump's delusions on full display. Throw in Mike Ditka, Mike Tyson, etc...good lord.

I want to say he'll get a convention bump because everyone gets one...but jeez. He might not.

I seem to recall Romney didn't really get one.

Ha, this kind of story makes me unusually giddy.

I think it was Box of Kittens who nailed it - it's almost like he's giving us a data set on what elections look like when one side uses modern, data-driven, big-machine techniques while another side foregoes all of these plusses.

Just to clarify that wasn't an original thought. I'd seen it expressed elsewhere, though now I don't remember exactly where.

Holmes

I'm glad Johnson isn't running for Tory leader. He's a douche. I'd like May. She's inoffensive and qualified. I'd probably vote Tory with May as leader, considering the sorry state of the Labour and LibDem parties. The next PM will have a difficult tenure either way.

CCS

Banned
I'm glad Johnson isn't running for Tory leader. He's a douche. I'd like May. She's inoffensive and qualified. I'd probably vote Tory with May as leader, considering the sorry state of the Labour and LibDem parties. The next PM will have a difficult tenure either way.

About that: she's already started veering to the right. Earlier today she said we'd have to look at whether we allow EU migrants already here to stay here or not.

Maledict

Inoffensive, apart from that conference speech last year about immigration that was so awful even the Telegraph (a pro-leave newspaper) condemned it. And you know, she's already raised the status of EU nationals living in the UK as something to be discussed which is just insane.

There's just nobody good here. Racism on one side, homophobia on the other, and above all else scheming amoral behaviour that would have them killing their own mother to get elected.

For the love of god let labour get rid of Corbyn,

Of course I pick Kaine for the contest and then like every day since then there's been some strong indication that it'll be Warren. Oh, well. Warren is who I want it to be anyway. Maybe picking Kaine was what caused it to happen. I'm still convinced that I had the power to swing close states in the primaries by always getting them wrong.

One of the 538 guys I think.

That sounds about right. It can be tough to keep all the forecasters straight, especially when you have multiple Nates.

Holmes

Mmm. I actually liked Brown. Blair was eh. Milibrand was horrible and now Corbyn is just the worst. Labour needs someone competent who can excite people.

Inoffensive, apart from that conference speech last year about immigration that was so awful even the Telegraph (a pro-leave newspaper) condemned it. And you know, she's already raised the status of EU nationals living in the UK as something to be discussed which is just insane.

There's just nobody good here. Racism on one side, homophobia on the other, and above all else scheming amoral behaviour that would have them killing their own mother to get elected.

For the love of god let labour get rid of Corbyn,

I love HIGNFY:

"Alien invasion of Earth thwarted as they accidentally land in the UK and say "Take me to your leader".

she's horrible to immigrants. disgusting politician

I love HIGNFY:

"Alien invasion of Earth thwarted as they accidentally land in the UK and say "Take me to your leader".

That's rather brilliant.

In real life news, we were able to turn on our solar panels today and they're finally generating power. It's meant to be sunny all 4th of July weekend here on Cape Cod.

On the 4th, Katy and I will be fulfilling our civic duty and purging. We've got our 'I Purged' stickers to wear any everything. Fun times!

Most of it comes from the Iraq War, which is understandable. There was never much support for it here even when it began.

At least your government had an actual inquiry into what happened. That's more than we could say here.

Also, Bernie requested a 45 day extension on releasing his personal financial disclosure because of his "current campaign schedule."

Most of it comes from the Iraq War, which is understandable. There was never much support for it here even when it began.

It's only understandable if you don't think about it too hard though. I'd love to know who else, realistically, would have found themselves in Blair's position and not stood fast with America on that issue. A tory leader? Please.

But alas because of that, we voted in the Tories based on something the tories would have also done if they were in power, and now they're slowly rotting the country away from inside the seat of power.

It's only understandable if you don't think about it too hard though. I'd love to know who else, realistically, would have found themselves in Blair's position and not stood fast with America on that issue. A tory leader? Please.

But alas because of that, we voted in the Tories based on something the tories would have also done if they were in power, and now they're slowly rotting the country away from inside the seat of power.
You can't be serious. "Stood fast"? Tony Blair was gung-ho over it. There were communications dating as far back as a year before the war started between Bush and Blair where Tony said that his nation was ready to invade Iraq and that Bush needed to get his own nation on board.

pigeon

Banned

The current UK political situation is basically that scene in Battlestar Galactica where they vote to be colonized by Cylons.

May is the Cylon.

Also, Bernie requested a 45 day extension on releasing his personal financial disclosure because of his "current campaign schedule."

trendsrusmy.png

Who?

kmag

Er didn't you hear her speech to the Tory Conference last year. It was basically a blame the immigrants for all the ills in modern Britain

http://www.claimsjournal.com/news/southcentral/2016/06/30/271905.htm
"Former Gov. Bobby Jindal’s privatization of claims processing and loss prevention services for Louisiana’s self-insurance program saved the state money"..."The Jindal administration privatized the Office of Risk Management work in June 2010, awarding the $75 million contract to Mandeville-based F.A. Richard and Associates Inc., or FARA.

Legislative Auditor Daryl Purpera’s office said FARA – which held the privatization deal through June 2015 – saved the state $9.8 million over five years"
Thank you Bobby

From the same article:
Legislative Auditor Daryl Purpera’s office said FARA – which held the privatization deal through June 2015 – saved the state $9.8 million over five years, rather than the $22 million projected by the Jindal administration.

Also, FARA fell short of a contractual savings obligation.

The company only reached $44 million of the $50 million in guaranteed claims and litigation payment savings required under the contract, according to Purpera’s office.

The audit says FARA owed the state $185,288 for not reaching the savings target, but the state only billed for $59,252 of that. The Office of Risk Management used a different calculation to determine how much was owed for falling short of the savings target.

Teggy

Trump's NH teleprompter speech is now a prompter-less town hall format. Should be entertaining.

Lewandowski is also there.

Slayven

He'll probably just keep hiring pollsters until he finds one that says he's ahead.

Reminds me of the superman story where lex spends billions building the most advance computer in the world, feeds it all the information it can handle in a bid to figure Superman's secret identity. When the computer says it is Clark Kent he gets mad and tears the whole thing down saying it can't be true.

Brinbe

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box...ll-moving-clinton-acceptance-speech-to-bigger

They might move Hillary's acceptance speech to a bigger venue. This is going to be so awkward if it's the same venue Bernie has reserved for his victory speech. What a mess.

They're totally gonna move her acceptance speech to the Linc or maybe CBP. It's like the difference between 20,000 and 30-50,000 depending on the venue... I might have to go depending on how easy it is to attend.

Bernie to blow a gasket at her speaking at CITIZEN'S BANK Park or LINCOLN FINANCIAL field. Though if she does stay at the original venue it is at WELLS FARGO Center. So she's screwed regardless! LOL

itschris

Washington Post: Obama and Sanders battle over TPP and the Democratic platform

With that back-and-forth, Sanders and Obama elevated a debate that has gone on in public and private for years. It has intensified since Sanders began winding down his campaign for president and focusing on changes to the Democratic platform. According to people with knowledge of the platform negotiations, Sanders used his post-primary meeting with the president to say he would push for the party to officially oppose the TPP. The president said he would not allow it. And since then, the White House has leaned on key Democrats to make sure that the platform did not include a rebuke.

That became clear last weekend in St. Louis, when the platform drafting committee -- which includes just five Sanders appointees -- shot down a TPP plank. According to several committee members, the president personally spoke to the drafting committee's chairman, Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-Md.), and the White House did more outreach to make sure that Clinton appointees who might otherwise oppose TPP did not write that into the platform.

Interesting - that wasn't known before about the Obama-Sanders meeting, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom