• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tubie

Serious question: who's the old dude next to Lincoln and why's he smiling like he cut a sneaky fart?

The High Sparrow.

High-Sparrow-game-of-thrones-38457617-1200-763.jpg

ampere

I'm selling my Wii U because I can't handle having a console that Adam has

That's not actually why I'm selling it. /hug Adam

Sibylus

Banned
I actually read the first two books. I started reading the third, made it about halfway through and never finished. This was several years ago. I felt like the majority of pages in a book were spent name dropping hundreds of characters and houses and going into gloriously boring detail describing house banners.
The last two take what you dislike about the series and turns it up to 11. Hope you like the plot slowed to a snail's pace so that much more worldbuilding can get stuffed in!

Sibylus

Banned
The last few pages would make anyone drink in despair.

Game-of-throne.jpg

"I know I've been building up to two pivotal battles for the better part of three books, but it's really important to cut right before those happen and give you vivid depictions of a snowstorm and river diarrhea instead.

See you in seven years, readers!"

So, anyway....

That phone line is really a thing. I cannot believe they're running an infomercial type thing to raise money. Is it legal that they say they want to defeat Hillary? Is that within the rules of what a PAC can do? Like, simultaneously say they want to defeat Hillary and have Trump win? Y'all should call the number. The recording is weird as fuck. He sounds like a stalker or something. Then, when you get connected to a real person, the lady was asking for a small donation of $75 to $100. That line has to be costing them a decent amount.

I used to work as a WFM for a company that did these types of calls. They're not cheap to run. And if Trump's PACs are as broke as it appears they are...this seems risky.

AntoneM

I'm more of a lurker, but I dig Adam. Except for all them gifs. Sometimes they are so forced.

Sorry Adam, #dogpile #icantquityou

Paskil

They should have done a Hitchhiker's guide mini-series instead.

Please have my babies. Or vice versa.

Adam, how do you feel about Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy? This could fundamentally alter my opinion of you so maybe you shouldn't answer... :\

Also, #teammosdef. I would definitely go gay for Mos Def and he was a perfect Ford Prefect, in my opinion.

Please have my babies. Or vice versa.

Adam, how do you feel about Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy? This could fundamentally alter my opinion of you so maybe you shouldn't answer... :\

Also, #teammosdef. I would definitely go gay for Mos Def and he was a perfect Ford Prefect, in my opinion.

I love Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. The books and the 70s tv show moreso than the film, but the movie was fine for what it was. I actually wrote an entire mini-thesis on the books in college. Got a 97 and fucked up the curve for everyone.

I have the batman superman directors cut movie thing. Should I watch it?
I love Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. The books and the 70s tv show moreso than the film, but the movie was fine for what it was. I actually wrote an entire mini-thesis on the books in college. Got a 97 and fucked up the curve for everyone.

you occasionally redeem yourself

you're right about game of bore

Paskil

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS. Now no matter what you like, dislike, do, or say, we're bros.

Hitchikers> GoT (or ASoIaF if you wanna be pedantic about it). In terms of adaptations and source material.

Not really a fair comparison tbh. Setting aside the genre differences, Douglas is just a wildly superior writer to GRRM.

I'm selling my Wii U because I can't handle having a console that Adam has

That's not actually why I'm selling it. /hug Adam

I have a feeling WiiU and a lot of its games are going to be really rare/nintendo collectables in the future. You'd be silly to sell it tbh

I have the batman superman directors cut movie thing. Should I watch it?

you occasionally redeem yourself

you're right about game of bore

It's seriously terrible. Just...terrible. Even the guy I'm dating who loves Superman could only make it halfway through before he was like "No." It was terrible.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS. Now no matter what you like, dislike, do, or say, we're bros.

Yassss. :)

GYODX

I was badgered into giving Game of Thrones a shot a week ago. I'm half-way through season 2 and I'm loving it so far. Does it really go to shit afterwards? Please say no.

Paskil

I was badgered into giving Game of Thrones a shot a week ago. I'm half-way through season 2 and I'm loving it so far. Does it really go to shit afterwards? Please say no.

The final two episodes of season six are probably the best in the series. The finale was ridiculously good. Like wow. I've gone back through the episode twice since it aired to watch a bunch of the key moments. So good.

I guess it's not "kind of dating" anymore.

This is correct.

Speaking of LGBT issues...the DNC platform....kinda meh to me on it. I know the platform doesn't matter, and I know that they're not bound to it or anything. And it says some decent things, but it could be a hell of a lot better.

The final two episodes of season six are probably the best in the series. The finale was ridiculously good. Like wow. I've gone back through the episode twice since it aired to watch a bunch of the key moments. So good.
I kept shouting "oh shit! Oh shit!" at the beginning of the finale.

Brownback is trying to make up for the budget shortfalls by raiding Medicaid and refusing to repair the roads.

Movement conservatism is way too much about trying to stop the roads from being repaired and stop the poor from getting health insurance.

Link

The Autumn Wind
In addition to the voter-ID law, since 2011, Wisconsin’s GOP-controlled legislature has cut the early-voting window from 30 days to 12, eliminated night and weekend voting, banned straight-ticket voting, made it more difficult both to register to vote and to cast an absentee ballot, and tightened residency requirements. It has also disbanded the widely respected nonpartisan agency that oversees state elections and was supposed to educate the public about the voter-ID law. University of Wisconsin political scientist Barry Burden calls it “death by a thousand cuts.”
There's really nothing else to say. Republicans are disgusting.

Things about Michele Bachmann:

-LGBT individuals commit suicide at a higher rate than non-LGBT people because "they know what they're doing is wrong." according to Bachmann.

-Bachmann thinks bullying is good for society.

-Bachmann believes in Jesus' imminent return and that all non-Christians will be tortured for all eternity.

-Bachmann approved of the Chinese Exclusion Act.

-Bachmann wants to eliminate Social Security and Medicare.

The first four things are problems for Trump because they're insane things that no reasonable people would ever believe in, but the last would have to be a campaign ender if Bachmann became VP.

Wilsongt

-LGBT individuals commit suicide at a higher rate than non-LGBT people because "they know what they're doing is wrong." according to Bachmann.

-Bachmann believes in Jesus' imminent return and that all non-Christians will be tortured for all eternity.

The first four things are problems for Trump because they're insane things that no reasonable people would ever believe in, but the last would have to be a campaign ender if Bachmann became VP.

Bachmann's marriage is a sham because every time Marcus talks a fucking rhinestone, Louis Vuitton purse falls out.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions

-Really had nothing to lose by attaching herself to Trump.

Frankly, I'd put her on the top of the list if Trump wants to go the Palin/Bachmann route.

CCS

Banned
Adam has the worst opinions. Just the worst. Take back what you said about Lord of the Rings you bastard.

Just kidding

Not actually kidding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom