• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
The books are shit, the writing itself is garbage. The plotting is good, as evidenced by the show, but they're literally to painful to read. They're bloated messes.
Maybe the last one could be considered bloated...but Jesus dude you are so wrong.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I would say that if you hate the book you're with Trump but with the fact that he's reading a teleprompter voids it.

The books are totally shit. The writing is painful to get through. It's terrible. B-dubs gets it. The writing isn't quite as bad as Tolkien's, but it's pretty damn close to unreadable.

(And, yes, I have tried to read them. I thought it might make the show tolerable, but it wasn't to be, alas)

Tubie

The books are totally shit. The writing is painful to get through. It's terrible. B-dubs gets it. The writing isn't quite as bad as Tolkien's, but it's pretty damn close to unreadable.

(And, yes, I have tried to read them. I thought it might make the show tolerable, but it wasn't to be, alas)

Oh man, you'd go off on me if I told you what I think about Lord of the Rings.

I enjoyed the movies, but the books. My, god, the books. Soooo bad.

ron-swanson-computer-throw-out-parks-and-rec.gif

WaffleTaco

Honestly it just sounds like you don't have the patience for them...I mean I don't think I can read Tolkien, because it always eventually bores me, but I wouldn't call them bad. Just not for me. Books aren't supposed to be about non-stop action. They are a slow burn with plots being revealed, twists and turns, and then the action starts...you just have to have patience.

Honestly it just sounds like you don't have the patience for them...I mean I don't think I can read Tolkien, because it always eventually bores me, but I wouldn't call them bad. Just not for me. Books aren't supposed to be about non-stop action. They are a slow burn with plots being revealed, twists and turns, and then the action starts...you just have to have patience.

My criticism is with his writing style. They are the only books that I have literally fallen asleep reading. He'll go on and on for like six pages about a fucking rock monument. Move on. Who cares? There's too much world building in them for me. That's my personal critique, though.

You are completely wrong about this. I'm with you on the GoT books, but this is blasphemy.

Bro....:(

WaffleTaco

My criticism is with his writing style. They are the only books that I have literally fallen asleep reading. He'll go on and on for like six pages about a fucking rock monument. Move on. Who cares? There's too much world building in them for me. That's my personal critique, though.

Bro....:(
Honestly for me, I can handle Game of Thrones because there isn't too much world building compared to Lord of the Rings...mainly because I skim. If there isn't dialogue...I'll pretty much just read as quickly as possible to get to the next interesting part or something similar.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Honestly for me, I can handle Game of Thrones because there isn't too much world building compared to Lord of the Rings...mainly because I skim. If there isn't dialogue...I'll pretty much just read as quickly as possible to get to the next interesting part or something similar.

Yea, those bits between the dialogue are shit. That's what I'm saying.

Tubie

I've read all the Thrones books 3 times each and plan on another full reread when the next one comes out (if it ever does).

Only the last 2 are a bit slow, the first 3 are amazing and have great pace.

Paskil

200w.gif

What is happening in this thread? Adam is morphing into some combination of Daniel B and Huelen. Always coming into a thread and is wrong about everything
except Hillary
and saying something that consistently derails an entire thread...

Also, The Game of Thrones show has been of varying quality throughout its seasons, but the most recent season, especially the final two episodes, are some of the best television I've seen in a while.

WaffleTaco

No, it's shit. I'm totally fine with world building, but the writing itself is shit.
Eh...probably going to have to agree to disagree, because you are firmly in one camp and I am in the other.

And holy shit it's July...the conventions start soon. I..am...excited.

Hillary bit her lip. She could feel thousands of eyes locked in their direction, but her own were locked on Warren.

"The crowds are hungry for it," Warren whispered, "Officially declare it with a statement, right now. Let's give them what they want."

"No," Hillary said, defiantly looking away now, and with the voice of a commanding goddess, boldly declared into the mike, "I will declare it with a kiss."

Hillary and Bill got a divorce and lived happily ever after. The end.
You're no PD.. But you'll do.

Oh, the bet's not about football.
In a fight.. Tebow has Jesus on his side he wins everytime.

I don't understand

I don't understand

someone please help me understand what the fuck he is doing
Boss.. Don't.. You can't..

I'm sad that you hate Game of Thrones as much as me because I'm worried I might be wrong now.
You should be. I worry every day because my rule is if Adam likes it.. It's terrible.

It's kinda like The West Wing but CJ kills Bartlett by the end of the first season.

I would watch the shit out of that.
As would I.. We can learn how to say "help I've been stabbed" in Latin hopefully.

What the hell is wrong with you.. Your shitty alcohol mixing has got to have rotted your brain or something Adam.

Get help.. Quickly friend.

Adam being wrong about literally everything is making me question my support of Hillary Clinton
I mean.. I'm questioning my support for Ohio State in sports now because of this.

200w.gif

What is happening in this thread? Adam is morphing into some combination of Daniel B and Huelen. Always coming into a thread and is wrong about everything and saying something that consistently derails an entire thread...
Oh my god. This might be right.

You guys have put a lot of pressure on me. If I say I like and/or hate something, I can destroy your entire world. This is so much pressure. I can't.

kess

I dunno, I read the first GoT book and figured that if I wanted to read a book about dynastic successions and all around assholes, I'd read a history book or something.

Except the last couple of pages are like FUCK YEAH DRAGONS and almost made it worth it

I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but:

FACT: The Whig Party, which had been the main opposition to the Democrats, had disintegrated by the time of the 1860 election.

FACT: The Republicans finished a strong second place in the 1856 election.

FACT: The Republicans gained control of the House of Representatives in the 1858 election, cementing their place as a major party.

Oh, and this part has nothing to do with refuting this dank meme but I find it amazing nonetheless. FACT: Even if all of the anti-Lincoln vote had consolidated onto a single ticket (rather than be spread between Stephen Douglas, John Breckinridge, and John Bell), Lincoln still would have won in the Electoral College, because that 39.8% of the vote was distributed extremely efficiently. He won a bunch of Northern states with 50-60% of the vote and received virtually no votes in the South (he wasn't even on the ballot in much of the region), leaving him with an incredibly small number of wasted votes.

Paskil

I'd also like to state for the record that Daniel B, this threads protagonist, has posted all of two times in OT6. Retromelon was a mistake.

Paskil

A Feast For Crows and A Dance With Dragons is hot trash. Stop reading after the third book and write your own ending
kunk-rum.gif

I actually read the first two books. I started reading the third, made it about halfway through and never finished. This was several years ago. I felt like the majority of pages in a book were spent name dropping hundreds of characters and houses and going into gloriously boring detail describing house banners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom