• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to believe the best in Bernie, so I hope this pans out.

Bernie holding a rally ahead of the DNC would be ok with me as long as he is explicit in his endorsement and it's not a simple "Well I'll vote for her I guess". There are serious problems with the two party structure and he isn't a Democrat after all. Let him have his last moment in the spotlight so long as it isn't just the same old meaningless rabblerousing.

That being said, not getting my hopes particularly high.

User1608

Banned
Probably, but in a perverted way he's a good debater.
fry.PNG

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
“I am not saying it’s Newt,” Trump says of VP search. “But if it’s Newt, nobody is beating him in the debates"

LOL. dude got destroyed by MICHELLE BACHMANN of all people. Republicans have an annoying tendency to look at anyone who can speak in complete sentences and presume they are therefore a genius.

But holy shit, what a time to be alive. To see Donald Trump and Newt fucking Gingrich(!) on the same presidential ticket.

User1608

Banned
Sometimes I do believe we are in some cartoonish and outrageous alternate universe. If Newt really will be Trump's running mate... fantastic! The GE burial will be all but guaranteed.

Newt took time to reach out to Al Sharpton, visit inner city schools, and come out with a plan with Al to make them better for the people they serve. He's not all bad. He's just a conservative.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
What did Hillary Clinton do in another life to be gifted Donald Trump and Newt Gingrich?

She definitely destroyed some papyrus belonging to Cleopatra.

I was worried about Ernst but if Ernst is out, this is p good. Newt is a toad, no pun intended.

Tony Blair really cared about the US-UK friendship so much that he was willing to help fight an impossible war over nothing just because the US might be mad for three days if he said no.

Everyone should value relationships that highly (except in the case of fighting an impossible, pointless war).

Is Newt that unpopular? I still don't think it will be newt.

Granting that it was 20 years ago, one of the tactics used by Bill Clinton in his re-election campaign was to refer to "Dole/Gingrich" in order to tie the Republican ticket to Newt. That's how toxic he was.

Ecotic

Sometimes I do believe we are in some cartoonish and outrageous alternate universe. If Newt really will be Trump's running mate... fantastic! The GE burial will be all but guaranteed.
Because it happened slowly over a year I think we all have 'frog in a boiling pot' perspective.

If my 2011 self could have been transported to today and watched Trump's rally that happened an hour ago... I might be afraid to step outside. Biker gangs could rule the streets for all I could figure.

Who was it here that posted that SNL skit of Newt's mom constantly being interviewed and tricked by Connie Chung? Still laughing about that one

HylianTom

Banned
Who was it here that posted that SNL skit of Newt's mom constantly being interviewed and tricked by Connie Chung? Still laughing about that one

Here it is, one of my favorite political sketches of all time:
Connie Chung Gets the Best of the Gingriches

I love Jeff Daniels as Dan Rather and Janeane Garofalo as Newt's mom. If you ever catch me calling him "Newty," this sketch is why.

And here's the real-life moment that inspired it, where Connie Chung told Newt's mom that her answer would be kept "just between you and me" - the "she's a bitch" interview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vecw539MjWM

User1608

Banned
Newt took time to reach out to Al Sharpton, visit inner city schools, and come out with a plan with Al to make them better for the people they serve. He's not all bad. He's just a conservative.
I suppose so, but if he chooses to align himself with Trump, he will associate himself with a racist and vile platform in the present.
Because it happened slowly over a year I think we all have 'frog in a boiling pot' perspective.

If my 2011 self could have been transported to today and watched Trump's rally that happened an hour ago... I might be afraid to step outside. Biker gangs could rule the streets for all I could figure.
Same here, my younger self would certainly be blown away, even from 2012, as I thought then the GOP would begin a slow if painful reformation after losing the GE.
I swear if see one more "both sides are same" post on that Bernie thread I'm going to punch a wall.
Ignorance is bad.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Guys, Bernie tonight did not deny there are talks about a possible endorsement. It's a done deal.

Did he deny that he was using campaign funds to develop a version of FoxDie for a certain person?

Wilsongt

H. A. Goodman
H. A. Goodman – ‏@HAGOODMANAUTHOR

HILLARY CLINTON TO EVERY AMERICAN IN THE COUNTRY: "I was too stupid to realize an unguarded server could be hacked. Oh well. Vote for me!!!"
3:46 PM - 6 Jul 2016
80 RETWEETS144 LIKES

Lolololol

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Over/under on the number of Republican politicians who will speak at the Republican National Convention?

Are any even going to be there? lol
Fuck, Trump may not even be there, bwhahaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom