• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boke1879

Paul Ryan is fucking stupid. Like I can't believe he just did this. He could have taken the alley oop Comey handed them.

But nope they fumbled it and Lebron blocked it for behind

Connolly is showing Reps a taste of their own partisanship. This will end up being great for Clinton.

He was pretty critical about Clinton on Tuesday. Really stopping just short of recommending an indictment.

Now there's tape of him saying Hillary Clinton did not lie and rationalizing, explaining and giving a lot more context to the decision. Great job GOP!

Gerry Connolly is just eviscerating the Republicans argument. They're really trying to argue 3/30,000 emails being classified was her intentionally lying when she said none were

kadotsu

Banned
Is it over? When will the next Benghazi hearing be? They need to establish what a "reasonable person" is. That should at least take 9 hours.

3phemeral

More soundbites from Comey:

"No basis for concluding that she was dishonest to us."
"I don't think the agents assessed she was evasive."
"We concluded there was not adequate evidence of willful conduct [to break the law]."​

I love how the Republicans are speaking in excited tones in hopes of stimulating emotional response from the public because they have very little to work with. Laughing at Comey over his ruling as if they had access to the same investigatory rules. /disgust

Kemal86

"I've prosecuted cases with flimsier evidence than this."

Is that supposed to be a good thing to admit?

Question: "Do you believe that the Clintons are exempt from the same laws as others?"
Comey: "It's not true, but I've heard it a lot."​

Boom.

Comey getting irritated.

Comey: "No way. Had it been John Doe or Hillary Clinton, no one would be prosecute in a hundred years for this case."​

They wanted soundbites, they FUCKIN GOT 'EM.

Lmfaooooooo! This guy speaking now is the human incarnation of SHE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT!!

"That's not a crime?! What does it take!"

"...it takes mishandling it. And criminal intent."

User1608

Banned
Good job Ryan.😃

96c3ddf1dc4c0e84a34626de22096a4d.jpeg

Effect

It's extremely annoying that they think if they raise their voices during their questioning that they're going to get a different answer or really show they they're serious in their questioning.

House republicans are so stupid. They had a win but have turned it into a complete loss.

DOWN

Banned
Who in the GOP thought "instead of running with the scathing press conference from yesterday, let's get lots of footage where we push the FBI into fully defending and explaining how Clinton is innocent"??

Paskil

"I've prosecuted cases with flimsier evidence than this."

Is that supposed to be a good thing to admit?

Question: "Do you believe that the Clintons are exempt from the same laws as others?"
Comey: "It's not true, but I've heard it a lot."​

Boom.

Comey getting irritated.

Comey: "No way. Had it been John Doe or Hillary Clinton, no one would be prosecute in a hundred years for this case."​

These quotes, especially the second, are amazing. Thanks everyone for doing work on this while I'm at work working. This is incredible. How does each day keep getting better and better in this election? Republican fuckery, that's how. Good lord, I totally expected Trump to fuck this up but the actual party machinery? Nah, dog. I had no idea I could be so completely wrong. I guess hand fed talking points weren't enough for them. Comey basically shrugging and saying, well, if you're going to push and not use the talking points, I'll further exonerate her.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Today's republican party reminds me of mid-2000s democratic party. Lots of material there for reasonable response and attack ads, and yet they throw it all away due to incompetence.

3phemeral

Question: How are there consequences levered?

Comey: I want people to understand I'm only responsible for the FBI. From disciplinary action to being reprimanded. The reasons this isn't one of those is because it's just not fair. This would be treating someone unfairly because of their celebrity status. It's not fair to prosecute that person based on these facts."​

Keep digging.

Jenov

Feeling some respect for Comey here, his answers seem very honest and straight forward, and not trying to fall into the GOP put-words-in-your-mouth traps and slanders.

I mean

they could be trying to make Clinton look good so the Trump has a worse chance of winning, and tanking the entire GOP for a generation

just a thought

BAHAHAHAHA Comey now just said prosecuting Clinton would be unfair and treating her differently for her celebrity status.

Well it would be.

That's the thing, Comey isn't going to lie. He said what he wanted to say the other day, but he's going to answer everything *honestly*. I'm thinking way more democrats like the guy today than liked him yesterday.

Hindl

So a question about Hillary's student repayment plan with the 3 month moratorium on paying them. Can't you currently get longer holds for certain student loans anyway?

Measley

I can't believe the GOP fucked up this bad. Before this you could easily paint this as Clinton lying and cheating, and now all those talking points are effectively dead.

They just couldn't let this go, and now they have nothing but egg on their faces.

User1608

Banned
Well it would be.

That's the thing, Comey isn't going to lie. He said what he wanted to say the other day, but he's going to answer everything *honestly*. I'm thinking way more democrats like the guy today than liked him yesterday.
I respected him for his words as harsh as they were but I cannot help but love him right now.:p

ampere

BAHAHAHAHA Comey now just said prosecuting Clinton would be unfair and treating her differently for her celebrity status.

Question: How are there consequences levered?

Comey: I want people to understand I'm only responsible for the FBI. From disciplinary action to being reprimanded. The reasons this isn't one of those is because it's just not fair. This would be treating someone unfairly because of their celebrity status. It's not fair to prosecute that person based on these facts."​

Keep digging.

Pigeon redeemed for saying we jumped to conclusions about Comey too quickly. I still think his presentation the other day was... odd (all of the blah blah she fucked up for 15 minutes before saying no), but guy is being honest here.

Not marked appropriately according to the manual.

Ooooh boy.

"Since they weren't marked appropriately would it be reasonable for Secretary Clinton to conclude they weren't classified?"

"That would be reasonable."

In other political news:

The UK is guaranteed to have it's 2nd female PM by years end. Micheal Gove is out of the leadership contest. So it'll be May or Leadsom.

Hint: It's going to be May.

Those wily Brits are trying to steal our thunder. Here we are, getting ready to elect our first woman President, and they can look down their nose at us and say, "Oh, how delightfully quaint. We had our first 37 years ago, you know; we're up to two now. But congratulations on jumping feet first into the 20th Century. Cheery bye!"

So a question about Hillary's student repayment plan with the 3 month moratorium on paying them. Can't you currently get longer holds for certain student loans anyway?

Yes, you can. This is for people who are in repayment. The 3 months is to give them time to figure out if there are better repayment options for them. I read a study that said most people who are eligible for reduced payments don't take advantage of them. This is an entry point to force people to figuring out what better options exist.

I can't believe the GOP fucked up this bad. Before this you could easily paint this as Clinton lying and cheating, and now all those talking points are effectively dead.

They just couldn't let this go, and now they have nothing but egg on their faces.

Everyone else saw it coming a mile away, too.

I somewhat forget the numbers but I've been staring at the "3 emails marked classified on Clinton server" for the last half an hour

Yes, but those were recovered from the deletion iirc.

Yesterday he said that there were a bunch of marked at the time emails that were sent back and forth.

This was said 20 mins ago, but Comey's no longer a registered Republican? :O

My guess is he removed the registration after he got the job from Bush.

OOOOOOOH SHIIIIIIIT

Q: Were the emails that were marked containing classified information... Were those properly marked?

Comey: No.

They didn't have a header, guys. The emails had a (C) buried deep in the body of the content, but they weren't properly marked as classified emails because all such emails begin with a required header indicating as much. This is pretty much wrapped up.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Man, Republicans sure love asking the same fucking questions over and over and over again.

3phemeral

Like others have stated, I was totally against this when they announced another hearing but considering how thorough Comey is with describing every detail, and the Republican's assumption he did shoddy work; it's only showing their desperation in attacking one of their own when they have an election to lose.

Oh.

Wow thx GOP for clearing this up

So the emails were classified at the time, but they had improper headings saying they were classified, and 3 emails had the (C) markings?

Is that where we'er at?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom