• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
This seems like it backfired on the republicans going by the headlines msnbc is putting up on the screen. The details and additional statements like this wouldn't have gotten out had republicans not overplayed their hand once again. Having Comey say Hillary Clinton didn't lie is a huge swing and a miss by republicans.

The questioning by Elijah Cummings regarding Petraeus was great. I hope that puts that level of stupid by republicans to bed. Anyone that keeps talking about that looks like an idiot.

loooool, this is next level. Looking forward to watching this after work.

3phemeral

They keep going after her thinking they'll bury her but when they look up, they've found they've only dug their own grave.

vghvYw

Bowdz

I'm glad to see the GOP is taking cues from the Democrats and are learning how to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

3phemeral

This is painful watching them describe technological terms or security protocols that they have no idea the details about, only to exacerbate it by asking questions which require some level of knowledge to extract the kind of information they want.

If they don't know, how is the general populace supposed to parse this information? lol

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Comey should have used the Chelsea Manning example during his announcement. It shows the difference b/w the criminal intent of Manning stealing docs versus Clinton just doing her job in a somewhat careless manner.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
lol how many of the people in that room know that [C] means confidential or classified. I bet 99% of them dont.

3phemeral

Question: "Would a reasonable person know this is classified information? A first lady? A senator? A Secretary of State?""

Comey: "I'm not so sure of that answer after this investigation."

Question: "So you're saying she's not sophisticated enough?"​

Comey: "That may be a conclusion a reasonable person may draw but it may not be accurate." | "The reasonable-person test is not what you would look at for perjury or negligence."​

He is trying so hard. lol

Man, I wish I could be watching this.
They're gonna do Lynch, too, right? I feel like hers is just gonna be a bunch of "I wasn't involved in the FBI Investigation" over and over and over again.

ampere

Guys, the GoP is just trying to get away from partisan politics! Now they'll call anything a conspiracy no matter which party is involved

Comey should have used the Chelsea Manning example during his announcement. It shows the difference b/w the criminal intent of Manning stealing docs versus Clinton just doing her job in a somewhat careless manner.

I found it funny that Snowden doesn't seem to understand the difference either:

"If you are one of those people not seeing the blatant voter fraud...in which counties are still being over turn with margins over 2% error... Then suck it. You are not a credible source or even get the premise of the question... Which the answer is voter fraud, and voter supression."

Latest Bernie stan comment blasting me on FB.

Jim Cooper has made some fine points. I think pointing out that Congress are exempt from the same laws is a great point. Is that accurate?

3phemeral

"I've prosecuted cases with flimsier evidence than this."

Is that supposed to be a good thing to admit?

Question: "Do you believe that the Clintons are exempt from the same laws as others?"
Comey: "It's not true, but I've heard it a lot."​

Boom.

Comey getting irritated.

Comey: "No way. Had it been John Doe or Hillary Clinton, no one would be prosecuted in a hundred years for this case."​

In other political news:

The UK is guaranteed to have it's 2nd female PM by years end. Micheal Gove is out of the leadership contest. So it'll be May or Leadsom.

Hint: It's going to be May.

The CNN headlines are very favorable to Clinton.

'Clinton didn't know e-mails were classified.'
'Only 3 e-mails were marked classified.'

Etc.

HylianTom

Banned
Clinton will be campaigning with Kaine in NoVA on the 14th.
Ahhh.. interesting!

The CNN headlines are very favorable to Clinton.

'Clinton didn't know e-mails were classified.'
'Only 3 e-mails were marked classified.'

Etc.
Same over on MSNBC.

They're getting all sorts of great quotes that'll undermine any ads they try to run from his original press conference. He's weakening all of the gifts he handed to them on Tuesday.

ampere

Comey: "No way. Had it been John Doe or Hillary Clinton, no one would be prosecute in a hundred years for this case."​

That's it. That's the line that directly invalidates all of the crazy shit people have been spewing lately.

Why did they want to force him to say it :lol

Breaking news from the Comey hearing. Trey Gowdy started by whimpering, but has now begun uncontrollably weeping while Cumming shouts, "Order, order! The house shall return to order, you little bitch!"

DOWN

Banned
"I've prosecuted cases with flimsier evidence than this."

Is that supposed to be a good thing to admit?

Question: "Do you believe that the Clintons are exempt from the same laws as others?"
Comey: "It's not true, but I've heard it a lot."​

Boom.

Comey getting irritated.

Comey: "No way. Had it been John Doe or Hillary Clinton, no one would be prosecute in a hundred years for this case."​
They pushed him too far and these are the quotes that ruined the whole hearing for the GOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom