• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Visual aids! The fuckery is complete.

It's titled "Clinton Timeline." :lol :lol :lol

Generally when anybody says "I'm not a conspiracy theorist," they're actually a conspiracy theorist.

3phemeral

What's going on here? Hamilton? Choreography? Bill and Lynch? CONSPIRACY!

[edit] beaten

"I would like a copy of Hillary's interview transcripts with the FBI. I want it ALL!"

I think this hearing really has me more concerned classified content is so simply marked.

I expected something more sophisticated, maybe emails that were encrypted with keys that could only be opened on certain, privileged machines/devices

Slayven

I don't feel much sympathy for him. While him making the GOP look like fools is great, this also reveals how much he bent the truth in his press conference by not putting all this context out there, and shows it was just him lashing out as best he could because he couldn't nail Clinton on these things.

You right, he should have just issued a press release along with the findings and called it a day. He wanted the spotlight, and now he has it.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
omg this dude is saying FBI is in on the fix

lolololol

Yep. And his reasoning is, "Well, I have to go back and talk to my constituents about this and I need to tell them something."

"Uh, what's your question, Congressman?"

:lol

bananas

Banned
You right, he should have just issued a press release along with the findings and called it a day. He wanted the spotlight, and now he has it.
He secretly wanted Clinton to win, so he did that to make congress do this and get rid of every one of their talking points.

👽

Grief.exe

I think this hearing really has me more concerned classified content is so simply marked.

I expected something more sophisticated, maybe emails that were encrypted with keys that could only be opened on certain, privileged machines/devices

Remember that law/regulation always falls behind the pace of technology.

In 2008, Obama and Hillary were both using Blackberries and smartphones were not ubiquitous as they are today.

Plinko

They're literally threatening him with a referral? What the crap?

The NYT live blog on this is not quite as generous to Clinton as you guys are being (I'm not watching the stream).

That said it sounds like this was a net negative for the Rs. Should have not said anything and ran with the careless stuff.

It completely clears up that there were no clearly marked classified emails handled by her.

Beyond that, it comes down to how careless you think it was of her to not recognize classified information in a 100 or so emails, and arguably Clinton-ian parsing in her public statements.

ampere

Philando has nothing to do with gun control. Like I'm pro-gun control but don't cross the streams here.

Philando didn't get shot because of anything having to do with guns, he got shot because he was a black male and police are trained to expend the lives of black men as if they were Kleenex.

Don't lose the thread. Philando is an important example of the need for social justice and police reform. Not gun control.

You're right, this is more about de-escalation and reducing bias. Got in my head "death by guns -> need gun control", but the cops are going to have guns in either case so it's not really that

The NYT hates Hillary.
I laughed at this last gasp of desperation from the NYT today:

When the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, said on Tuesday that his investigators had no ‘direct evidence’ that Hillary Clinton’s email account had been ‘successfully hacked,’ both private experts and federal investigators immediately understood his meaning: It very likely had been breached, but the intruders were far too skilled to leave evidence of their work.”

3phemeral

Mica trying to leave that question on a cliffhanger so that Comey seems untrustworthy. Tried to be slick until he followed up:

Comey: "I hope that what you tell the folks in the cafe. I did not coordinate with anyone. No one outside the FBI knew what I was going to announce."​

/r Politics is taking this entirely differently than you guys. I trust you, but they are rattling on about how the FBI did not investigate things Hillary said under oath. Is this going to be a problem?

Qwerty710710

a child left behind
Bernie fan over here voted for Obama twice and I have to say that I'm extremely disappointed that Clinton is the presumptive nominee. I would rather commit suicide before I rather vote for Clinton Im probably going to vote for Trump or Johnson

3phemeral

/r Politics is taking this entirely differently than you guys. I trust you, but they are rattling on about how the FBI did not investigate things Hillary said under oath. Is this going to be a problem?

It's not. Comey said: "No, she did not swear under oath but lying to us is still breaking the law."

Bernie fan over here voted for Obama twice and I have to say that I'm extremely disappointed that Clinton is the presumptive nominee. I would rather commit suicide before I rather vote for Clinton Im probably going to vote for Trump or Johnson

You aren't a Bernie fan. Sorry. You don't believe in anything he has said. You don't want anything he offered. You want to stop progress in this country for a generation. To bring fascism. To enable racists.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
The woman handles 30,000+ emails and about 100 had unmarked info she didn't catch and 3 were marked wrong...

They endorsed her though. Unless I'm missing something?

They hate her less than Trump.

CCS

Banned

It's r/politics. He could say that she's the greatest person he's ever met and they'd still try and spin it as a negative.

Emarv

Then you probably don't believe in either of what Bernie or Obama believed. Congrats!

No. Because as Comey has said, there is not evidence beyond a reasonable doubt that Clinton knowingly sent and received classified information.

So that she was wrong when she said otherwise, on record or not, doesn't make her a liar or make her guilty of perjury or what have you.

Owzers

Mica trying to leave that question on a cliffhanger so that Comey seems untrustworthy. Tried to be slick until he followed up:

Comey: "I hope that what you tell the folks in the cafe. I did not coordinate with anyone. No one outside the FBI knew what I was going to announce."​

I'm sure Mica will notify the people that all of their assumptions are true and Comey is in on it.

bananas

Banned
neat thanks for sharing

r/politics is a cesspool of idiots

FBI doesn't need to interview her under oath, because it's literally a crime to lie to the FBI

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon

It's one reason why the FBI never had a press conference over this stuff. They usually quietly give their recommendations to the prosecutor and that's it. He wanted to make it political and he got it. Haha

Iolo

It's really going to hurt when Bernie endorses her, better steel your heart now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom