• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did the Rs expect to happen? They would come in, ask their pointed questions and Comey would be like..."oops sorry, yeah I should've recommended indictment."?

kadotsu

Banned
Like others have stated, I was totally against this when they announced another hearing but considering how thorough Comey is with describing every detail, and the Republican's assumption he did shoddy work; it's only showing their desperation in attacking one of their own when they have an election to lose.

He probably phrased her failings as harsh as legally possible in the press conference but when questioned any clarification softens the message.

CCS

Banned
I dedicate this to the House GOP

giphy.gif

Kemal86

So a question about Hillary's student repayment plan with the 3 month moratorium on paying them. Can't you currently get longer holds for certain student loans anyway?

You can, but you generally continue to accrue interest during a period of deferment (the one exception is if you go *back* to school, you may not accrue interest during the time you are enrolled). Hillary's plan makes it sound like (I'm not sure if it's 100% confirmed) there would be no interest that accrues during the 3-month moratorium. So no matter what, even if you end up not being eligible for refinancing or lowered payments, you won't come out of the moratorium even further behind.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Btw, those 3 emails that were marked with a [c] were actually incorrectly marked so those emails weren't supposed to be classified to begin with.

edit: oh snap, ma gurl Tammy up to bat.

Btw, those 3 emails that were marked with a [c] were actually incorrectly marked so those emails weren't supposed to be classified to begin with.

No not necessarily--they may contain classified information, but they were not properly marked, they should have had a header marking in the subject and text as well.

Kemal86

Q: Were the emails that were marked containing classified information... Were those properly marked?

Comey: No.

They didn't have a header, guys. The emails had a (C) buried deep in the body of the content, but they weren't properly marked as classified emails because all such emails begin with a required header indicating as much. This is pretty much wrapped up.

this is incredible. INCREDIBLE. I'm sitting at my desk at work with a shit-eating grin on my face.

A brief interlude--

Trump promises to defend Article 12 of the Constitution in GOP Meeting

Another Republican in the meeting who declined to go on the record so he could speak candidly told TPM that Trump was asked pointedly if he would defend Article I of the Constitution.

"Not only will I stand up for Article One," Trump enthusiastically stated, according to the member in the room. "I'll stand up for Article Two, Article 12, you name it of the Constitution."

The Republican member said that Trump's lack of knowledge about how many articles exist, gave him "a little pause." (The Constitution has seven articles and 27 amendments.)

Jesus Christ. How can you be this incompetent. How can you take a guy who said "she messed up, but didn't break the law." And ask him to clarify exactly how she didn't break the law?

So to recap. Clinton didn't break any crimes. Clinton did not knowingly receive or store classified information on her private system. The e-mails were not properly marked as classified. Indicting her for this would have been treating her unfairly.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Thanks GOP.

Oblivion

No not necessarily--they may contain classified information, but they were not properly marked, they should have had a header marking in the subject and text as well.

I thought the State dept. spokesperson said someone marked those with the (c) when they didn't need to?

3phemeral

So to recap. Clinton didn't break any crimes. Clinton did not knowingly receive or store classified information on her private system. The e-mails were not properly marked as classified. Indicting her for this would have been treating her unfairly.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Thanks GOP.

Not only treating her unfairly, but holding her to a different standard because of her celebrity status.

GOP being read for filth. And who would have thought it would have been by another Republican?

This entire thing is just the GOP saying "Here's why I think Hillary Clinton is guilty." And Comey is just saying "This is why you're wrong and here's a point-by-point of why."

pigeon

Banned
This is our next President. We've got to get her the Senate and House seats she needs to make gun reform happen

Philando has nothing to do with gun control. Like I'm pro-gun control but don't cross the streams here.

Philando didn't get shot because of anything having to do with guns, he got shot because he was a black male and police are trained to expend the lives of black men as if they were Kleenex.

Don't lose the thread. Philando is an important example of the need for social justice and police reform. Not gun control.

I thought the State dept. spokesperson said someone marked those with the (c) when they didn't need to?

Not sure, but remember there's a lot of disagreement between departments over classification, so it's possible State thinks things shouldn't be classified that the FBI / CIA does etc.

Wait, were ANY of the emails properly marked classified when Clinton handled them?

No. Comey's criticism in his public statement was that it was careless because she should still recognize what inherently qualifies as classified information.

Wait, were ANY of the emails properly marked classified when Clinton handled them?

Apparently not, but there were discussions of classified information that she should have known was classified.

"We did not find evidence beyond a reasonable doubt that she knew she was sending classified information."

The GOP is LITERALLY arguing that Hillary should be held to a different standard. Like, LITERALLY arguing this right now. Not ironically or anything.

Hahahahaha

Effect

I really wonder how pissed off Comey is that he has to go through this and answer the same questions over and over again.

Honestly, I think Paul Ryan should investigate this committee. I think we could use one more round. Call Comey back. Call him a liar and ask him all these questions again. The American people deserve the truth!

They just had to focus on the clear mistake Clinton made that she admitted was wrong. That was all they had to do. But they couldn't do it.

And it's beautiful.

Owzers

Honestly, I think Paul Ryan should investigate this committee. I think we could use one more round. Call Comey back. Call him a liar and ask him all these questions again. The American people deserve the truth!

I bet they'd investigate this without Comey and just talk around him.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
After Sen Sasse says in statement he had "gracious exchange" w/Trump he adds: "this election remains a dumpster fire. Nothing has changed"

Bwahahaha

Iolo

The NYT live blog on this is not quite as generous to Clinton as you guys are being (I'm not watching the stream).

That said it sounds like this was a net negative for the Rs. Should have not said anything and ran with the careless stuff.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I really wonder how pissed off Comey is that he has to go through this and answer the same questions over and over again.

I don't feel much sympathy for him. While him making the GOP look like fools is great, this also reveals how much he bent the truth in his press conference by not putting all this context out there, and shows it was just him lashing out as best he could because he couldn't nail Clinton on these things.

Jenov

I don't feel much sympathy for him. While him making the GOP look like fools is great, this also reveals how much he bent the truth in his press conference by not putting all this context out there, and shows it was just him lashing out as best he could because he couldn't nail Clinton on these things.

Yep, I appreciate that he's being very honest and straight forward here, but yeah, it bit him in the ass after how incriminating and politicized he made his initial statement sound.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
LOL at Mica talking about cafes and then Hamilton, leading to this investigation apparently being "choreographed." What a horrible person.

Oblivion

The NYT live blog on this is not quite as generous to Clinton as you guys are being (I'm not watching the stream).

That said it sounds like this was a net negative for the Rs. Should have not said anything and ran with the careless stuff.

The NYT hates Hillary.

Effect

Oh I don't either. I was just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom