• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

HylianTom

Banned
What sends them into incoherence quicker Obama or The Clintons?
I have to hand it to the Clintons. They seem to tap dance along the line of what's acceptable/legal/ethical at times, so they provide the GOP much more ammunition.. and yet the GOP can't get their heads straight on how to use these gifts that the Clintons provide.

It's almost like the Clintons have a hex casted on the GOP.

Slayven

I have to hand it to the Clintons. They seem to tap dance along the line of what's acceptable/legal/ethical at times, so they provide the GOP much more ammunition.. and yet the GOP can't get their heads straight on how to use these gifts that the Clintons provide.

I have no doubt Cruz, and Kaisch would be climbing the polls. Cause Kaisch isn't stupid and Cruz is a sociopath.

Kusagari

Comey's probably seething inside.

"I gave you morons the perfect attack plan on Hillary and instead you pull this dogshit on me?"

Slayven

Waaaaiiiiittttt they holding hearings on something that happened just a day ago?

But we can't get gun laws or confirm a justice?

This shit is a joke.

HylianTom

Banned
I have no doubt Cruz, and Kaisch would be climbing the polls. Cause Kaisch isn't stupid and Cruz is a sociopath.
I have to agree. Even Cruz would be nerve-wrackingly close. If the average is somewhere around Clinton +5 right now, I don't want to think about where we'd be with someone else as the opponent. It's why I wanted Trump as nominee so very badly.

I cannot believe the GOP is this stupid. They were handed a news cycle and they screw the pooch.

God bless 'em.

The Dems on this committee are playing this fucking PERFECTLY. Goad the GOP into more hearings, because it proves your point.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Republicans are so fucking dumb. I just realized this gives democrats a chance to defend Hillary.

Tubie

Comey gave them the talking points they needed till election day, but instead they turn this into a crazy conspiracy theory.

what the fuck lol

AndyD

aka andydumi
What's weird to me is years ago the GOP would have used this to slaughter a candidate, but recently (since Obama) they've just been turning to conspiracy theories for everything.

It's because they are catering more and more to fringe voters. If they were to take reasonable, logical approaches to things, they would lose the fringe, and inconsistencies would be immediately apparent with their other actions. This way they go louder, brasher and bolder, and leave the logical, fact-checking world behind. Flip flopping, illogiical positions, inconsistencies, none of those matter anymore.

Comey gave them the talking points they needed till election day, but instead they turn this into a crazy conspiracy theory.

what the fuck lol

I mean they had the same thing with Benghazi. Instead of tossing that onto a pile of controversies they could use to question Hilary's judgment and abiities they went on a 4 year witch hunt resulting in them getting embarassed for 12 hours on national television. Like, if I was a republican strategist I would be fuming right now.

Jenov

I wonder if Comey is regretting making that press conference and the politicized tongue lashing he gave Clinton now.

pigeon

Banned
Yet another example of the inevitable fall of the GOP.

They don't have a playbook for "apolitical" any more. Everything is a conspiracy and every government employee is a criminal. That's what the base was told, that's what they wanted and thanks to the House districting system that's who they elected. In order to control Congress the GOP accepted these zealots into their ranks and now here they are.

I wonder if Comey is regretting making that press conference and the politicized tongue lashing he gave Clinton now.

I'm sure he thought "I'm laying out all the facts. Liberals might be mad, but there is no way Republicans could be angry at me for this." Now he's the corrupt establishment working to bring the downfalll of America

It's because they are catering more and more to fringe voters. If they were to take reasonable, logical approaches to things, they would lose the fringe, and inconsistencies would be immediately apparent with their other actions. This way they go louder, brasher and bolder, and leave the logical, fact-checking world behind. Flip flopping, illogiical positions, inconsistencies, none of those matter anymore.

The current crop of conservatives are not that sharp, and they are devoid of leadership or conscience. You could replace Congressional Republicans with random conservative AM radio listeners from around the country and you'd have a similar level of competence.

ampere

Comey's probably seething inside.

"I gave you morons the perfect attack plan on Hillary and instead you pull this dogshit on me?"

Accusing him of being in on it is batshit insane. What is Ryan thinking

I'd expect this from Trump, but I thought Ryan had a little bit more in the critical thinking department.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Accusing him of being in on it is batshit insane. What is Ryan thinking

I'd expect this from Trump, but I thought Ryan had a little bit more in the critical thinking department.

I can't watch at work, but Ryan is really accusing him of corruption?

This really is a clown show.

They definitely want him to say he wouldn't hire anyone that had been incompetent with top secret information.

And I love that he won't.

Effect

This seems like it backfired on the republicans going by the headlines msnbc is putting up on the screen. The details and additional statements like this wouldn't have gotten out had republicans not overplayed their hand once again. Having Comey say Hillary Clinton didn't lie is a huge swing and a miss by republicans.

The questioning by Elijah Cummings regarding Petraeus was great. I hope that puts that level of stupid by republicans to bed. Anyone that keeps talking about that looks like an idiot.

Kemal86

This seems like it backfired on the republicans going by the headlines msnbc is putting up on the screen. The details and additional statements like this wouldn't have gotten out had republicans not overplayed their hand once again. Having Comey say Clinton didn't lie is a huge swing and a miss by republicans.

It's just...it's so damn beautiful. They could have had it all! Aside from actually being indicted, the press conference was a 10/10 home run....and they've fucking ruined it. It's actually impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom