• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
daveweigel ‏@daveweigel 5m5 minutes ago
Rep. Mark Sanford on Trump meeting: “I wasn’t particularly impressed. It was the normal stream of consciousness, long on hyperbole."

Probably his stump speech.

Do you guys remember Trey Gowdy's stupid fucking haircut?
trey-gowdy-410.jpg

Excuse me. Excuse me. Here in PoliGAF, we say السلام عليكم.

Bernie fan over here voted for Obama twice and I have to say that I'm extremely disappointed that Clinton is the presumptive nominee. I would rather commit suicide before I rather vote for Clinton Im probably going to vote for Trump or Johnson

Obama is the complete opposite of either Trump or Johnson in nearly every way, but you'd rather vote for them than the one who is the closest to Obama in this contest?

Why?

Jenov

Any Comey quotes?

Comey went all in on Mica's accusation that he was influenced in his decision. Had a bit of a rage moment where he took control of the mic and made clear what was what and that he saw what Mica was insinuating and that it was flat wrong. Was awesome :) -1 Conspiracy theorists.

Kemal86

Bernie fan over here voted for Obama twice and I have to say that I'm extremely disappointed that Clinton is the presumptive nominee. I would rather commit suicide before I rather vote for Clinton Im probably going to vote for Trump or Johnson

If you'd rather vote for Trump you don't give a flying fuck about a single one of Bernie's ideals, policies, or reforms. Not one. There is no reality where you can square this circle.

pigeon

Banned
Pigeon redeemed for saying we jumped to conclusions about Comey too quickly. I still think his presentation the other day was... odd (all of the blah blah she fucked up for 15 minutes before saying no), but guy is being honest here.

Maybe this is a good opportunity for everybody to learn a valuable lesson that they're already failing to learn :p

It's not just tedious to assume that literally every aspect of everything is politicized, it plays right into the Tea Party playbook of delegitimizing everything that doesn't go your way. It's both unproductive and unconvincing -- and, ultimately, if everything in government is cronies and political maneuvering, then the GOP is right that we should just get rid of it all.

So stop playing their game. Comey is probably just, you know, a director of the FBI that has served under both parties in various offices and wants to do a good job. Maybe the reason he did a thing you didn't like was that he thought that would be the best way to do his job.

Jenov

Oh god, Farenthold trying to compare it to speeding now. If I speed in my car, I'll get a ticket! Why wasn't Clinton guilty? lol

Effect

Comey went all in on Mica's accusation that he was influenced in his decision. Had a bit of a rage moment where he took control of the mic and made clear what was what and that he saw what Mica was insinuating and that it was flat wrong. Was awesome :) -1 Conspiracy theorists.

You could visibly see him trying to control himself as well. I can imagine had this been in a meeting room he would have flip out on him. No way that isn't talked about after this is over.

3phemeral

GOP former lawyers still trying to claim they'd prosecute Hillary without the same access to resources as Comey. Interrupting Comey as he's clarifying when they don't get the answer they want.

At what point do other GOP members realize that if they're going to go after one of their own in questioning Comey's integrity - and to the extent of discrediting him and smearing his ability to perform his job - that they might not be safe from this witch hunt either?

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
That last fuckface just straight up asked what congress needs to do to arrest Hillary.

This is.......... so fucking stupid. It's awesome! Just like Clinton's lengthy Benghazi session, it becomes progressively more apparent to the general public why this hearing is being held the longer it runs on.

Then again, the GOP is competing with Trump on "how to best ruin a news cycle," so maybe they figure this is less damaging than whatever crap he's spewing today?

/r Politics is taking this entirely differently than you guys. I trust you, but they are rattling on about how the FBI did not investigate things Hillary said under oath. Is this going to be a problem?

It's not going to be a problem. The Republicans in the committee are comparing her public statements and in hearings that she did not send or receive classified information with the fact now that some emails contained classified information.

So of course her statements are "not true", but also of course you have to prove she knew they were not true when she said them. When none of the emails in question were marked properly and only three were marked at all.

Qwerty710710

a child left behind
I just don't understand why so many people in this thread is blindly supporting her. I really hope Bernie runs as a third party just to screw Clinton I despise her.

3phemeral

I just don't understand why so many people in this thread is blindly supporting her. I really hope Bernie runs as a third party just to screw Clinton I despise her.
Blindly? Can you clarify?

There's nothing blind about my support or many others in this thread.

[edit] Actually, don't. I imagine we already know your talking points.

Jenov

This is.......... so fucking stupid. It's awesome! Just like Clinton's lengthy Benghazi session, it becomes progressively more apparent to the general public why this hearing is being held the longer it runs on.

Then again, the GOP is competing with Trump on "how to best ruin a news cycle," so maybe they figure this is less damaging than whatever crap he's spewing today?

I'm thinking in the future, history will look back onto these hearings as they really are: political witch hunts, comparable to disgusting McCarthyism.

saltypickles

Neo Member

This dude is a troll stop replying to him

Edit: This hearing is amazing, all it's missing is the Curb Your Enthusiasm theme playing softly in the background.

Maybe...just maybe, we're not "blindly" supporting anything. Maybe, just maybe, we have good brains and can formulate opinions based on facts, reason and logic. Maybe, just maybe, we support her policy positions.

Your blind hatred is showing, fyi.

Kemal86

So, you hope Bernie runs as third party to screw Clinton, thus ensuring that not a single one of Bernie's policies, beliefs, and agendas actually come to pass for the next 30-40 years? Wow! You really sound like you believe in the platform of Bernie Sanders!

Geg

Sanders has said multiple times he's going to do everything he can to ensure Trump doesn't win so no, he won't do that.

I don't see too much "blind support".

Many here in PoliGAF supported Obama over Clinton in 2008, myself included.

Many here in PoliGAF initially supported Bernie over Clinton at the onset of the 2016 primary process, myself included.

What you won't find in PoliGAF are very many willing to burn everything down, ruin the SCOTUS and destroy the progressive movement just because their favorite candidate didn't win the nomination.

DOWN

Banned
Bernie flat out says he is voting for Hillary and trying to stop trump so joke is on you

Blindly? Nah. She's easily the strongest choice for anyone who doesn't want Obama's progress and rhetoric overturned by the next administration and who wants the progress to continue in the Supreme Court for decades to come. Nobody should be looking for the perfect candidate. Just the best one, and it's her.

I don't mean to go detective GAF on you but you seem to have been rooting pretty hard for Obama and Dems in general in 2012. So while Hillary and Obama are not the same person, obviously, and one can significantly prefer one over the other for both policy and character reasons, you'll forgive someone if they find it confusing that you would despise one so much over the other that you would consider voting for another candidate who is literally the antithesis of everything Obama has done, said and stood for in his tenure.

Unless you have just become that disillusioned with Obama over the past few years.

I support her based in the knowledge of her platform, what she's done in the past.

You call it blind support, but I call it a logical outcome to my views and the fact I don't believe in alt left news sources that read like far right blogs.

Someone is salty because their candidate botched one of the most important section of the primary and failed to correct the path he was on. now you want to blow up the country and doom everyone and every liberal policy to a generation of ultraconservitive judges in SCOTUS.

The only blind one I see is you.

3phemeral

This is essentially what this whole thing is about:

GOP question 1: "According to my standards I'd prosecute."
Comey: "That would be unfair treatment."

GOP question 2: *doesn't listen to the first answer* (asks the same thing)
Comey: Repeats answer in more clarity.

GOP Question 3: Conspiracy theory.
Comey: No conspiracy.​

Repeat.

Meowster

Because we want someone with progressive qualities in their platform to become President?

I wish I could live in this fantasy world where a modern Republican takeover wouldn't screw me completely over.

What a fucking mess.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ntroversy-over-star-of-david-tweet-continues/

Donald Trump’s private meeting Thursday with Senate Republicans – designed to foster greater party unity ahead of the national convention in Cleveland — grew combative as the presumptive presidential nominee admonished three senators who have been critical of his candidacy and predicted they would lose their reelection bids, according to two Republican officials with direct knowledge of the exchanges.

Trump’s most tense exchange was with Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.), who has been highly critical of the business mogul’s candidacy, especially his rhetoric and policies on immigration that the senator has argued alienate many Latino and other voters in Arizona.

Trump said at the meeting that he has yet to attack Flake hard, but threatened to begin doing so.

Flake stood up to Trump by urging him to stop attacking Mexicans. Trump predicted that Flake would lose his reelection, at which point Flake informed Trump that he was not on the ballot this year, said the sources, who spoke only on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to disclose details of the private meeting.

Flake’s spokesman did not immediately reply to a request for comment.

Trump also called out Sen. Mark Kirk (R-Ill.), who withdrew his endorsement of Trump last month citing the business mogul’s racially-based attacks on a federal judge, and said he did not approve of the senator’s action, said the officials.

Characterizing Kirk as a loser, Trump vowed that he would carry Illinois in the general election even though the state traditionally has been solidly Democratic in presidential contests. Kirk did not attend the meeting with Trump.

Trump also singled out Sen. Ben Sasse (R-Neb.), who has refused to support Trump and has emerged as perhaps the most vocal advocate for a third-party candidate. Sasse declined to speak with reporters as he left the meeting.

“Senator Sasse went to today’s meeting ready to listen. Senator Sasse introduced himself to Mr. Trump and the two had a gracious exchange,” said James Wegmann, the senator’s spokesman. “Mr. Sasse continues to believe that our country is in a bad place and, with these two candidates, this election remains a dumpster fire. Nothing has changed.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom