• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently this is making the rounds among the 2A/Right Wing crowd;

Wait, so are they in favor of gun control or not? On one hand they're blaming availability of high powered riffles. On the other their mocking the blame always being put on high powered riffles.

Maybe, racism has some people all kinds of tripped up

Female suspect is a light skinned African American per mayor. Even though they won't have anything to do with the protest we all know how this is going to go down.

tbm24

Female suspect is a light skinned African American per mayor. Even though they won't have anything to do with the protest we all know how this is going to go down.

I honestly don't know what to expect. I remember when the two NYPD officers were killed shortly after the Garner situation but this I have no idea how bad it's going to get, especially with the accompanying video. At my job I have to have CNN on a tv for employees to distract themselves with, going to be drained before he days over.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Hopefully we get a good jobs report today.

edit: oh snap! 287k jobs! UE rises to 4.9%.

The Gunman hated BLM and wanted to kill white people.

Interesting to see how this plays out.

I think we should wait on that first one. He was upset about it meaning either he thought they didn't go far enough or he was upset for the same reasons. Of course, this is going to be ugly either way

Now he says anger for BLM whatever that means

Slayven

I think we should wait on that first one. He was upset about it meaning either he thought they didn't go far enough or he was upset for the same reasons. Of course, this is going to be ugly either way

Now he says anger for BLM whatever that means

I wish he wouldn't be so vague on that shit

Looks like somoene neutered trumps response.

Good. Normally I love the foot in mouth histrionics, but this shouldn't be about Trump. I think we're all shocked and mourning today to various degrees and nobody deserves to suffer through a news cycle making this all about Trump.

HylianTom

Banned
Ginsburg conceded that she was presuming that Democrat Hillary Clinton would be the next president, so that either Garland or a Clinton nominee would join the court.

But what if Republican Donald Trump won instead? "I don't want to think about that possibility, but if it should be, then everything is up for grabs."

Everything, in her estimation, includes the future of the high court, where she is the oldest justice and two others are in their late '70s.

"It's likely that the next president, whoever she will be, will have a few appointments to make," Ginsburg said with a smile.

AP Interview: Ginsburg reflects on big cases, Scalia's death
http://bigstory.ap.org/urn:publicid:ap.org:0da3a641190742669cc0d01b90cd57fa

HylianTom

Banned
so she is hinting at her impending retirement for Hillary to appoint her successor.?
I think so. Nothing else makes sense if she's really expecting that number of vacancies.

And her comment at the end about Thomas taking some of Scalia's workload (writing "so many" dissents) made me chuckle. 18 dissents..

This may not popular sentiment, but I feel like President Obama should get back to the US ASAP. He needs to be seen on the ground dealing with this. The optics if he doesn't are terrible.

Ugh, what a disgusting thing to have happened. I can't believe more lives have been lost. We have got to do SOMETHING.

This may not popular sentiment, but I feel like President Obama should get back to the US ASAP. He needs to be seen on the ground dealing with this. The optics if he doesn't are terrible.

Ugh, what a disgusting thing to have happened. I can't believe more lives have been lost. We have got to do SOMETHING.

Another mass shooting to add the pile that Obama's had to deal with. He will probably meet with the families in a few days

User1608

Banned
Time to deal with a few friends who were indifferent about the murders of Sterling and Castile but will be very vocal and slightly hateful now going by the past.

In positive news, 287k jobs report today.

April was revised up, May revised down even further. Analysts think May was just an aberration.

Unemployment went up a little because more people joined the workforce.

Wilsongt

Time to deal with a few friends who were indifferent about the murders of Sterling and Castile but will be very vocal and slightly hateful now going by the past.

All of this bullshit has made me realize how fucked up some of my family in RI is. Then again, looking at who their father is...

April was revised up, May revised down even further. Analysts think May was just an aberration.

I finally get to be added to those job numbers.

The ones who posted baby pictures and reposted Pinterest recipes all day while not caring about black people being shot? Yes those people are all over my FB too.

Fox News Electoral Map:

1467919955208.jpg

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...-has-2016-edge-but-many-toss-ups-in-play.html

Clinton tweet on Dallas:

Hillary Clinton ‏@HillaryClinton 1h1 hour ago
I mourn for the officers shot while doing their sacred duty to protect peaceful protesters, for their families & all who serve with them. -H

User1608

Banned

That's good with the JR. May was definitely odd.
All of this bullshit has made me realize how fucked up some of my family in RI is. Then again, looking at who their father is...

I finally get to be added to those job numbers.
Sorry to hear that. I'm mostly lucky but yeah, a few drive me nutty. When I do share my opinions, I try to be as thoughtful as possible. Don't want to bother friends with ignorant political posts on their feed, even though these are about human lives.

And Congrats!
The ones who posted baby pictures and reposted Pinterest recipes all day while not caring about black people being shot? Yes those people are all over my FB too.
Tell me about it! Gotta deal I guess.

I can't believe we still hardly have any information at all on the suspects.

Hillary Clinton ‏@HillaryClinton 1h1 hour ago
I mourn for the officers shot while doing their sacred duty to protect peaceful protesters, for their families & all who serve with them. -H

photo.jpg

Enough empty words and mourning, we need some action from these liberals on the radical police killing black lives matters.

I can't believe we still hardly have any information at all on the suspects.

photo.jpg

Enough empty words and mourning, we need some action from these liberals on the radical police killing black lives matters.

The suspect that was killed claimed to have no affiliation with any group. Please do not conflate his actions with the BLM movement.

Holmes

Too bad about the Clinton/Biden event, but I understand. I was hoping he'd be in her ear all day and talk up Warren because he apparently wanted her as his VP.

The suspect that was killed claimed to have no affiliation with any group. Please do not conflate his actions with the BLM movement.

rofl are you for real

What the fuck is wrong with you.
Guys, that picture I posted was from the wonderful Facebook page "Shares from your aunt", a hilarious satire on the misinformation you often see on your feed from Midwestern relatives.

Given the John Walsh tweet and the (early, but incomplete) information that the guy holed up in the garage wanted to "kill white people", the blaming of BLM is already underway and the Right has found its scapegoat.

Who called it last night and told me? Was it you, Wilsongt? I'll have to check again.

Guys, that picture I posted was from the wonderful Facebook page "Shares from your aunt", a hilarious satire on the misinformation you often see on your feed from Midwestern relatives.

Given the John Walsh tweet and the (early, but incomplete) information that the guy holed up in the garage wanted to "kill white people", the blaming of BLM is already underway and the Right has found its scapegoat.

Who called it last night and told me? Was it you, Wilsongt? I'll have to check again.

I'm sorry, the way you formatted your post didn't make it clear that you were quoting someone else.

Great time to troll K
I was pretty sad and angry all last night and even stayed up past 2AM watching the events unfold live because I was desperate for information. Here's my posts from PoliGAF:

In America, you can arm yourself and go to war with police. Let that sink in.

I'm going to fucking love watching right wing assholes sit around and defend the second amendment after this tragedy involving POLICE OFFICERS. If a citizen can slaughter officers of the law, what chance does a "good guy with a gun" even have?

This morning, maybe all I want is to make a bad but terribly true joke (that is, that any progress the Right was making in understanding civil rights issues with policing is now eradicated). Can you just let me have that?

They're not going to spin it that way. If the shooters are black, they are going to blame Obama for inciting race riots by saying something about the criminals who refused to obey the upstanding police offers as they were being shot the last couple of days. Thus, Obama stirring up hate against the police is what lead directly to this shooting and their deaths.

Mark it.
ok, it was Wilson. Marked.

Big difference between the authority of the law and the authority of the police. That's actually the core issue.
I've never heard of this before. The police enforce the law (otherwise it is meaningless). What I've heard before is "protecting oneself from the enforcement of unjust law".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom