• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diablos

I'm going to fucking love watching right wing assholes sit around and defend the second amendment after this tragedy involving POLICE OFFICERS. If a citizen can slaughter officers of the law, what chance does a "good guy with a gun" even have?
Well in fairness the cops do have guns and obviously things would likely be even worse for them if they didn't tonight.

Cops having guns =/= gen pop though.

So apparently there's a potential bomb? Is this true?

Wilsongt

Don't read Fox News' twitter feed responses...

Ow...

enough-internet-Dean-Winchester-supernatural.gif

Diablos

There is so much hatred and different kinds of hatred fueled by gun violence. It's really unbelievable. We are looking into the void.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
There is so much hatred and different kinds of hatred fueled by gun violence. It's really unbelievable. We are looking into the void.

We really need to do something about it. If we retake the House and Senate this needs to be priority one.

Joe Walsh would very much like everyone's attention tonight. I'd implore you not to give it to him.

Just hope for the WH at this point. Everything is on fire right now. Trump inspires added fear and hatred of anyone who isn't white.

Honestly, can we not do this tonight?

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I hope the police can piece this together quickly before the bullshit brigade wakes up in the morning. I know it's not procedure, but if it looks like the protestors had nothing to do with the situation, they need to make it public ASAP.

Diablos

Honestly, can we not do this tonight?
I'm not... I said to not even worry about house and senate races and just hope the fear and hatred captain of the US right now doesn't get the ultimate reward for leaning into these tragedies. That's it.

The shooter who killed the cop (I presume) point blank knew exactly what he was doing. He is definitely NOT your everyday protester.

I hope the police can piece this together quickly before the bullshit brigade wakes up in the morning. I know it's not procedure, but if it looks like the protestors had nothing to do with the situation, they need to make it public ASAP.
Agreed 100%

Nothing to do with protestors, this was an ambush, pre-planned and apparently they had exit plans considering where some of the shooters ended up.

It won't matter what Dallas PD says.

It will be blamed on BLM unless well if the suspects are white. See Drudge.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Nothing to do with protestors, this was an ambush, pre-planned and apparently they had exit plans considering where some of the shooters ended up.

It looks that way, likely at least 4 people involved according to the press conference.
I just don't want tensions inflamed over false information or speculation.

They are attempting to ascertain motives, I hope they can work fast.
Getting that info out earlier prevents much of the speculation.

I was having this long discussion with my Chinese girlfriend about how I don't like Federalism due to voters having limited information in local races and then she brought up how, in China, you only get to vote for local representatives who then vote for the more important representatives who then vote for more important representatives.

It would be like if you got to vote for state house reps who were the only people who got to vote for state senators were the only people that got to vote for national house reps who were the only people who got to vote for national senators who were the only people who got to vote for the President. This is like the worst system I've heard of. The only time the people's will comes into play is in the lowest information races.

Sagroth

...that post contradicts itself

Blames Obama saying he would blame it on guns

Says if the shooters didn't have high powered rifles lives could have been saved

I think it was trying to satirize what it thinks Obama would say.

Edit: No, seriously. They're just too dumb for quotations marks.

Apparently this is making the rounds among the 2A/Right Wing crowd;

That's such a contradictory message. "Don't let these people have high powered rifles!" OK, we'll ban high powered rifles. "Wait, we still want high powered rifles!" OK, we'll put restrictions in place to ensure they don't end up in the hands of the wrong people... "NO, gun restrictions are ALWAYS WRONG, HE'S TRYING TO STEAL OUR GUNS!" OK, how do you propose we stop high powered rifles from ending up in the hands of our enemies? "..."

The lack of any logic whatsoever on display makes me absolutely sick. Frankly, a poll test doesn't seem like such a bad idea, as long as everyone is given equal access. Anyone that thinks that Donald Trump is an acceptable choice for President shouldn't be allowed to vote. There's no gray area there. If you believe Donald Trump is who needs to be in charge of running government, you shouldn't have a voice in the political process; you are too ignorant to properly assess factual information to make an informed decision. I can understand voting for a ton of different people I don't personally like; Gingrich, Cruz, Ryan, even Bachmann (OK, not actually Bachmann). But Trump? There is not a single redeeming factor that someone could point out and say, see, I deserve to vote. No you don't. There's a reason the entire GOP has abandoned him. And while saying "everyone has an equal say in the process" is nice, frankly it's absurd; people who study this stuff on a daily basis should have more say in the process than someone who doesn't actually know what the Constitution is. Give everyone access to material so they can learn, test them on it, and weight their vote based on how much they actually know. If our voting process says that Trump is the voice of half the country, our voting process is wrong and needs to be adjusted.

greatgeek

Banned
That's such a contradictory message. "Don't let these people have high powered rifles!" OK, we'll ban high powered rifles. "Wait, we still want high powered rifles!" OK, we'll put restrictions in place to ensure they don't end up in the hands of the wrong people... "NO, gun restrictions are ALWAYS WRONG, HE'S TRYING TO STEAL OUR GUNS!" OK, how do you propose we stop high powered rifles from ending up in the hands of our enemies? "..."
The answer is racial profiling, of course.

Suikoguy

Thanks Chichikov, with that i'm going to bed. Hopefully shit is not worse in the morning.

pigeon

Banned
It would be like if you got to vote for state house reps who were the only people who got to vote for state senators were the only people that got to vote for national house reps who were the only people who got to vote for national senators who were the only people who got to vote for the President. This is like the worst system I've heard of. The only time the people's will comes into play is in the lowest information races.

constitution of the united states of america said:
Section. 3.

The Senate of the United States shall be composed of two Senators from each State, chosen by the Legislature thereof...

I originally also included the electoral college here but it's too long and dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom