• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
DeRay thinks charter schools can be good and DeRay is upper middle class so he is a neoliberal enemy.

Even as somebody who doesn't support them I agree with the bolded. They have the potential to do a lot of good, but there just isn't any evidence that they actually do improve the quality of education where they are implemented.

Having one different opinion on one single subject and being employed is enough to make the far left mad at you, yes.

Savage.

CCS

Banned
Bernie Sanders confirmed to appear at Hillary Clinton NH rally:

https://twitter.com/jeneps/status/752442853427642368

Taken a while, but finally:

giphy.gif

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Everyone is saying "Pence is a good pick for that group!" but that group is like a list of shit. I can't believe the way we pick VPs today is basically "how does the media cover this pick".

We need an itshappening.gif for the next Vice Perezident.

She starts the phone calls with, “Tom, this is Hillary.”

“Hey, how are you?” he responds, consciously working his way around being so formal at this point in their relationship, but also too ingrained in his Dominican upbringing to just start calling her by her first name.

Hillary Clinton and Tom Perez have had some practice with the routine, according to sources familiar with the conversations. There was the phone call when she called to ask for his endorsement, which became a nerd-out session on prison reform and registering farmworkers. In March, when she asked for his help on Latino engagement ahead of the New York primary, he pushed for her to send him to a politically powerful local union president to ask for his help — and ended up being asked himself to rile up a bundler session the morning after the New York debate.

Then there was the call in April, when she called to congratulate him about the new conflict of interest rule his Labor Department had just released. Before long, she was grilling him: who on the Hill had helped? What sort of response was he getting?

Unlike the other people being speculated about as running mate picks, Perez has actually gotten to know the Clintons, and they’ve both taken a shine to him after the year he spent putting his own progressive credentials on the line to knock back Bernie Sanders. Arguing forcefully that she’s a change agent—the former president’s made clear he’s particularly sensitive when people say otherwise—appears to have made an impression, too.

Clinton’s inner circle is debating whether entrenched opinions about both her and Donald Trump leaves them free to pick a running mate without having to worry about moving the needle in a state or a particular demographic or political agenda, wondering if the focus should be fully on the potential partnership of the next eight years.

Though she’ll hit the campaign trail with Tim Kaine on Thursday and has known him somewhat professionally over the years, she’s rarely been in the same room with him — he arrived in the Senate after she left. So did Cory Booker and Elizabeth Warren, with whom she has a longer history that’s recovered in recent years. She overlapped two years with Sherrod Brown, but she was off on her first White House race within weeks of his swearing-in.

She’s had a few short conversations with HUD Secretary Julían Castro, mostly around his offering his endorsement when they ran into each other at one event last summer, and her formally asking him for it as they stood in the back of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute gala last fall. She’s known Rep. Xavier Becerra since she was first lady and likes him, has had several group dinners with him over the last year, but still mispronounces his name with an extra emphasis on the vowel in the last syllable.

It’s been different with Perez.
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/clintons-new-friend-and-maybe-vp-225347

Politico fanfic is the best. He was really good on Fox News Sunday yesterday though.

Fuchsdh

No lies detected. Of course, he's acting like this polarization was completely unavoidable and he's not partially responsible for the flight of the moderate voices from his party.

Also, I did a legitimate double take this weekend at a bar in Bushwick where a guy was wearing a Gary Johnson for Pres T-shirt. Couldn't believe I saw someone like that in the flesh.

Ecotic

Never in my whole life did I think I would hear a Republican speaking fondly of Bill Clinton.

What Ryan did is perhaps my most despised political trick. They complement the last guy when he no longer matters in order to make the guy who currently matters look worse by comparison.

"I never thought Jimmy Carter would look so good, but Bill Clinton has done the impossible by making Carter look downright moderate."

"Obama sure is no Bill Clinton. The days of Democratic centrism are long gone."

Coming soon: "I never thought I'd live to see it, but Hillary makes me think fondly on the Obama days."

Maledict

Never in my whole life did I think I would hear a Republican speaking fondly of Bill Clinton.

Ryan's been doing it for years. In 2012 before the democratic convention he said that Clintons speech would talk a lot about how great things were back when he was president but nothing about now and the future (boy did he call that one wrong!).

Clintons now so far back for many people that you can cloak yourself in bi-partisanship by praising him.

Diablos

I think Trump's VP pick is going to define how he runs his campaign from this point forward and how his messaging is. It's either going be an off the rails ordeal as usual or he's going to attempt to act more Presidential. See: statement last week about the shootings.

If he does the latter he may gain more ground. That he's only down by 5-6 on average despite being a complete loon us unsettling. Imagine if he gets his act together.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I think Trump's VP pick is going to define how he runs his campaign from this point forward and how his messaging is. It's either going be an off the rails ordeal as usual or he's going to attempt to act more Presidential. See: statement last week about the shootings.

If he does the latter he may gain more ground. That he's only down by 5-6 on average despite being a complete loon us unsettling. Imagine if he gets his act together.

You'll spend the next few months in a panic room?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Trump can't act "their way" off the cuff, not in interviews, not in press conferences, not in debates. He doesn't know how.

If he has the stay restrained until the debate, he will probable explode during it. We might be able to detect the gravitational waves caused by the event.

Fuchsdh

Well, you were in Bushwick, what did you expect?

I don't know what that is, but why would you post that online?

I realize Brooklyn hipsters are a stereotype in the abstract, it just still never ceases to amaze me in real life.

Man, UK politics is so weird.

Eh, different strokes and all. Everyone says our system is weird because they have no experience with it either. Meanwhile Vox is trying to tell us that we're all doomed because we don't have a parliamentary system.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
This week's polling will be interesting. If the fbi stuff doesn't roil hillarys numbers it's hard to see what will. If polls are flat this week I think Don is in trouble unless
Black lives matter forms of an alliance with Isis and attacks churches in Arkansas. I mean more than they already do of course.

Well, maybe she'll get a bump from the endorsement of the High Sparrow.
Need new title now that it's finally over. All according to keikaku.
Game-of-Thrones-1467044371.gif
(GoT spoiler)

Maledict

Can we please, please not have random GoT spoilers in gifs unmarked in completely irrelevant topics? It's really unfair to those of us not caught up, or reading the books only.

Slayven

GOP is till fighting marriage equailty?

Really, they have nothing else to do?

I feel like at the meetings you can bring up repealing the Civil Rights Act and not instantly told to shut up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom