• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm skeptical of this 95% thing.

Pence would be a weak pick, but perhaps not particularly so given the other names mentioned. In theory his main benefit to Trump would be to appeal to evangelicals, as he is strongly socially conservative. He's actually relatively unpopular in Indiana because he's pushed the social conservatism so hard and in the process alienated the business community.

Measley

http://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com/Dcorps_WV_BG_063016.pdf

So, here's some battleground state polls. They were released on the 30th, I guess? In the field from June 11-20th. The margin of error in each state is like 5.66% so....grain of salt.

National across all Battleground States:
Queen 49
Trump 41

Arizona
Trump 48
Queen 43

Florida
Queen 52
Trump 39

Michigan
Queen 50
Trump 39

North Carolina
Queen 51
Trump 41

New Hampshire
Queen 51
Trump 47

Nevada
Trump 47
Queen 45

Ohio
Trump 48
Queen 47

Pennsylvania
Queen 49
Trump 39

Wisconsin
Queen 47
Trump 36

I seriously doubt he's going to win Ohio. The minority vote here has increased dramatically, and Obama won it twice.

Wow at those NC and Arizona numbers.

I seriously doubt he's going to win Ohio. The minority vote here has increased dramatically, and Obama won it twice.

Wow at those Arizona numbers.

I'm in Ohio too. Personally, I think it's his second best potential pickup. I'm not saying it's great, but I can see him winning Ohio before he wins Florida or Virginia.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Also she's led in every poll in Ohio thus far. Florida I believe she could solidly by up +4 or so.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
LOL at Sam Stein saying he is surprised more people haven't mentioned Hannity's name as a VP. That had to be a joke tweet.

I'm very torn on those numbers, the good ones are too good, the bad ones are too bad.

Don't state level polls always show this kind of wackiness early on? Then they come into alignment with the national ones in September / October. Clinton with the Obama '12 states + NC still seems like the safest bet.

itschris

aEJ7yr5.jpg

https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/752296694306447360

Now that would be a unique excuse for missing the Republican convention!

Seriously though, ouch.

gcubed

Don't state level polls always show this kind of wackiness early on? Then they come into alignment with the national ones in September / October. Clinton with the Obama '12 states + NC still seems like the safest bet.

I think that's going to be the easiest bet, with some states being less competitive. There will be a few stragglers that will be late calls that she probably won't be able to steal, but they will be real close.

The problem with a big FL win is that it's going to be an early night

Diablos

I think that's going to be the easiest bet, with some states being less competitive. There will be a few stragglers that will be late calls that she probably won't be able to steal, but they will be real close.

The problem with a big FL win is that it's going to be an early night
Why is this a problem

Also why is Trump ahead in NV

I'll stick to my guns and say Clinton does win AZ.

I'd almost discard any poll that shows her losing NV entirely, just because polling Hispanics in that state is notoriously difficult.

Diablos said:
Why is this a problem
Some people like election night to be a nailbiter.

Personally I prefer basking in the glory of an easy win.

KingK

Kingk and Macho. No way its Pence?

RIght.....?

I mean, under normal circumstances he's a terrible choice. But Trump doesn't really have many options so...I believe it. He's definitely on the shortlist.

someone gif me the debrief dump on Pence

Pros for Trump

Pros for Clinton

kthx

Pro for Clinton: There was the whole "religious freedom" bill backlash. Not to mention allowing an AIDS outbreak. He was looking weak for re-election in deep red Indiana.

Pro for Trump: he's actually held public office and has executive experience

I think as far as the General goes, Trump is polling much higher than he's likely to get actual votes. Once he gets on stage with Clinton for a debate his numbers will drop. All of the Republican candidates tried to play on Trump's level, but Clinton will just show how absurd Trump's level actually is, and people will remember why they thought he was a punchline for the last 20 years.

I don't believe Trump is ahead in NV for one second.

That was the first one that flagged my bullshit meter. A state with a high latino population and against a candidate that has a ton of support from minority populations? No fucking way Trump wins that one.

Wilsongt

Well, if he's paralyzed from the legs down, would he even feel the burns? Could that be why he had the injury, didn't notice scolding water?

It makes the problem a little worse. It's like with diabetics. If you have an injury and can't feel it, the chances of an infection occuring increases.

So this is my Step-Grandmothers last comment. I've told she's an embarrassment and to go ahead and unfriend me.

Hey you need to read some history as to who freed the slaves. That lady is so right. you young kids don't know where the good stuff is happening. Free enterprize is it . Y our granddad would explain that to you. He would be pretty unhappy with what is running Canada right now.. You are too young to understand my dear young man. The African Americans have been held down by the DEMOCRATS since they took over . They keep giving away all the peoples money & completely criminal in every way. Obama has brought racism back!!! Need I even talk about all this with you who need to get into real history.Trump is the one right now in the top . We need to support him if this country is to be the Good ol US of A. . stop your Clinton lies you hear on CNN.!! Hillary lied about every thing !! You follow Hollywood phonys!!!

It makes the problem a little worse. It's like with diabetics. If you have an injury and can't feel it, the chances of an infection occuring increases.

Oh I understand that, but everyone is saying stuff like "ouch", when in reality he probably doesn't feel anything.

Also I am very blessed to have liberal grandparents!

pigeon

Banned
Nevada just has a huge Hispanic population so small issues with Hispanic polling are heavily multiplied.

I don't have a major problem with those numbers as individual polls. There are also some nice callouts:

* Clinton ties married women but is +37 among unmarried women. (2012 Obama was +33 among unmarried women, -8 among married women.)
* Clinton's also +25 among college-educated women, -11 among non-college women, with 11 of those saying don't know. (2012 Obama was +13 among college-educated women, -20 among non-college women.)
* Clinton wins all generations but her two worsts are Gen X and Silent. Boomers are +7 Clinton (5% Johnson), Gen X is +2 Clinton (and 13% Johnson).
* In terms of motivation this election, the largest single demographic is college-educated women, 78% of who say that this election is a 10 in terms of importance. Minorities are 69% 10. Millenials are 59%.
* 48% of voters say they could never support Trump. (40% say the same for Hillary.)
* Of the voters who aren't voting Hillary but say they could, 51% are self-identified independents. If they voted in the Dem primary, 65% voted Sanders, 27% Hillary (wtf guys). If they voted in the GOP primary, 55% voted Kasich, 24% Rubio.
* Johnson voters split evenly when asked who they would vote for in a two-person race -- 31% Clinton, 30% Trump.

Nothing ever good comes of debating politics with grandparents.
Actually my grandma is extremely liberal except for one or two issues. She was telling me last Christmas how important it was to have a Democrat win the presidency and continue Obama's good work, because the Republicans will just throw away all of our progress.

One of the many reasons I don't really talk politics on Facebook is not wanting to get into arguments with any family. I certainly would never want politics to put any strain on my relationships with any of my family.
I can't post anything "political" at all on Facebook. I have two Republicans on my side of the family and most of my wife's family is Republican. I cannot stand their racism at all, and two of them are extremely pro-gun.

The few BernieBros on my Facebook timeline are still posting anti-Hillary shit.

Will they stop after he (finally) endorses her?

Probably not. It seems like the remaining holdouts of Bernie supporters have even turned on the man himself ever since it was reported that he will be making an endorsement next week. I personally think it was never about Bernie or his ideas for some of these people, it was a case of anyone but Hillary and/or misogynistic hatred for her.

You guys just aren't amicable enough. I was surrounded by conservatives yelling very loudly in a bar that Clinton was a bitch who deserved to be behind bars and I was still able to express my opinion without causing a fight. That didn't stop me, a left wing minority millennial, from having a few beers with these folks and getting to know them! There's common ground between everyone, so just learn how to find it and be a nice person.

Sometimes I wonder if some of you know how to make friends at all!

pigeon

Banned
You guys just aren't amicable enough. I was surrounded by conservatives yelling very loudly in a bar that Clinton was a bitch who deserved to be behind bars and I was still able to express my opinion without causing a fight. That didn't stop me, a left wing minority millennial, from having a few beers with these folks and getting to know them! There's common ground between everyone, so just learn how to find it and be a nice person.

Sometimes I wonder if some of you know how to make friends at all!

There's a difference between being able to be friends with somebody and wanting to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom