• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

olympia

surprising amount of expression against the idea of teaching the bible in schools, even as elective curriculum as an english class

Ugh. That's the sense I'd always gotten; politics in Japan are just a bureaucracy of entrenched old guys doing the same thing forever and the public are indifferent to it so long as nobody rocks the boat too much. But I haven't ever really paid too much attention to Japanese politics since it doesn't usually have much relevance outside of Japan.

A Ph.D candidate I know does Japanese studies, and he tells me that the old people bureaucracy is held up by XYZ affair stuff. You can't meet with anyone without paying the grift, and since most people just don't want to get scammed, no one ever does. Boom, then you've got a gov't that people actively avoid like a crime syndicate.

Foffy

Banned
Of course. More land to drill baby drill and frack damnit frack. Who cares about those pesky animals?

They don't make money, so if they don't live for our gold standard to life, why should we care about their wellbeing?

Now realize there are people on this earth who really think like this. Parasites disguised as humans.

That delegate from Maine clearly doesn't realize what conevntion he is in to propose the stuff he has proposed.

And I can't help but shake my head at the delegate that tried to tie gun violence to marijuana.

itschris

AP: A lot of holes in GOP presidential ground game in key states

Presidential battleground states were supposed to be swarming with Republican Party workers by now.

That hasn't exactly happened, a state-by-state review conducted by The Associated Press has found.

With early voting beginning in less than three months in some states, the review reveals that the national GOP has delivered only a fraction of the ground forces detailed in discussions with state leaders earlier in the year. And that is leaving anxious local officials waiting for reinforcements to keep pace with Democrat Hillary Clinton in the states that matter most in 2016.

Some examples of Republican shortfalls: Ohio Republicans thought they were going to see 220 paid staffers by May; in reality there are about 50. Plans for Pennsylvania called for 190 paid staffers; there are about 60. Iowa's planned ground force of 66 by May actually numbers between 25 and 30. In Colorado, recent staff departures have left about two dozen employees, far short of the 80 that were to have been in place.

In New Hampshire, a swing state that also features one of the nation's most competitive Senate contests, the Republican National Committee's original plan called for more than 30 paid staff on the ground by May. Yet what's happening there highlights that even when the RNC is close to meeting its staffing goals, there can be problems. In this case, 20 positions have been converted to part-time, and local officials have been struggling to fill them.

"It's a tall order to ask the RNC to be the complete field operation for the presidential nominee," said Steve Duprey, a national party committeeman from New Hampshire. "We're following through on the plan, but it was slower being implemented than we first would have hoped."

More details at the link. Also:

Tampa Bay Times: Trump closes shop in Florida to focus on convention

tC34c3l.jpg

In an interview last week, Trump’s Florida strategist Karen Giorno said the campaign will be ready after the convention. "Donald Trump is a known brand," she said. "What we'll do after the convention is start to counterpunch."

A response from Micheál Keane, who worked on Obama's 2008 campaign:

In 08, the only time we halted field efforts was during Obama's speech & even then there were watch parties organized around it

Candy corn is just a jelly bean that is shit flavored and shaped like a dunces cap.

"Math checks out"

Why do you all hate candy corn? I mean, Indian corn is the superior choice, but candy corn will do in a pinch. The pumpkin ones are the best, to be fair.

You don't fucking close your offices during the convention. You schedule watch parties! You get people to come. Get their information. Get them to volunteer. Make sure they're registered and signed up for absentee voting if it's an option. Mwahahaha. Good luck, GOP .

HylianTom

Banned
I suspect Hillary will outperform her polling aggregate due to the massive disparity in the ground game. This is a disaster.

Alongside the gender gap, I really think that this is going to be one of the big stats stories of the election. After the election is over, I hope we get to hear stories from GOP strategists who are witnessing this in slow-motion..

mo60

They closed their offices? Oh lord, this is going to be a blow out. They can't get anything right this cycle.

If they are pulling moves like this already their internal poling numbers must be diasterous in terms of the presidential race and the senate and house races. Hilary must be beating trump by a lot more in internal polls than some polls are showing right now and internal polls must be really good for the dems in some senate and house races. The margin of victory will most likely be 10%+ at this point for Hilary at this point.

If they are pulling moves like this already their internal poling numbers must be diasterous in terms of the presidential race and the senate and house races. Hilary must be beating trump by a lot more in internal polls than some polls are showing right now and internal polls must be really good for the dems in some senate and house races. The margin of victory will most likely be 10%+ at this point for Hilary at this point.

Lol, Trump having data and internal polling.

Why do you all hate candy corn? I mean, Indian corn is the superior choice, but candy corn will do in a pinch. The pumpkin ones are the best, to be fair.

You don't fucking close your offices during the convention. You schedule watch parties! You get people to come. Get their information. Get them to volunteer. Make sure they're registered and signed up for absentee voting if it's an option. Mwahahaha. Good luck, GOP .

I like candy corn. I also like Necco Wafers, which people have similar hatred of.

olympia

GOP delegate anne dickerson speaking out against platform positions that children of a gay couple are more likely to use drugs and be "completely imbalanced".

"stop repelling gays for god sakes, paragraph after paragraph, I object to this."

olympia

a lot of gop delegates speaking out against any idea that the "traditional" idea of marriage between of man and a woman are the ideal.

and a lot that are not.

I am going to pray for them

Same. They're like bashing their head against the bars of the cage. They love Bernie, but they hate Bernie. He's no longer pure enough for them! He's corrupted. Mess.

I like candy corn. I also like Necco Wafers, which people have similar hatred of.

I love the chocolate Necco Wafers. You have to suck them, though. My grandma loved them. Those and Charleston Chews. I also love Circus Peanuts and Peanut Butter Bars. (The ones in the striped wrappers.)

Candy corn is amazing . . . if you never grew your palette beyond that of a five year old.
:(

Terrible taste in sweets.

Or BEST taste in sweets?!

a lot of gop delegates speaking out against any idea that the "traditional" idea of marriage between of man and a woman are the ideal.

and a lot that are not.

One of them even spelled it out for them why it's a bad route to go by asking them why someone who grew up in a same sex household would vote republican.

AND THEY STILL ADOPTED THE AMENDMENT.

If Trump proves that the racists have taken over the GOP, I'd amend that statement to say that this convention proves that the Religious Right has also taken over. The "Business" Conservatives and the "Moderate Republicans" must feel like shit to be overrun by both the Racists and Religious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom