• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does everyone think tomorrow will go at the Clinton - Sanders events? You think any crazy sander supports will try and disrupt it? I hope it goes smoothly and the optics look good.

There were a few people on /s4p that wanted to disrupt the thing. So like, six people in the entire country. I really think it'll be fine, but I don't quite get how this is going to go down. He hasn't officially conceded. So...are they just both going to attack Trump? Is he going to endorse without ever admitting he lost? (LOL if so).

I don't get it.

mackaveli

There were a few people on /s4p that wanted to disrupt the thing. So like, six people in the entire country. I really think it'll be fine, but I don't quite get how this is going to go down. He hasn't officially conceded. So...are they just both going to attack Trump? Is he going to endorse without ever admitting he lost? (LOL if so).

I don't get it.

Yeah I quickly checked /s4p and thats where I saw people commenting on disrupting or booing Hillary etc., Hopefully that does not happen.

Yeah who knows what will happen. Hopefully Bernie talks at length on his objective and goal entering the race and that the proposals they worked on together are great and that the people have decided that Hillary is the nominee etc.,

If he doesn't acknowledge defeat I think it will be weird.

Does anyone know what time (in Eastern) it will start? I

Iolo

Yeah I quickly checked /s4p and thats where I saw people commenting on disrupting or booing Hillary etc., Hopefully that does not happen.

Yeah who knows what will happen. Hopefully Bernie talks at length on his objective and goal entering the race and that the proposals they worked on together are great and that the people have decided that Hillary is the nominee etc.,

If he doesn't acknowledge defeat I think it will be weird.

Does anyone know what time (in Eastern) it will start? I

Supposed to be 11 am.

NeoXChaos

So tomorrow officially ends the Hillary Vs Bernie GAF wars. Can't say I didnt enjoy the salt and tears over the last 14 months. Arguing with you all has been a pleasure. Tomorrow we unite together against Trump.

Only weirdos with the palate of a four-year-old don't like dark chocolate.

the best dark chocolate is with sea salt (I like Lindt's)
lindt_excellencebar100g_seasalt.png

GutsOfThor

So tomorrow officially ends the Hillary Vs Bernie GAF wars. Can't say I didnt enjoy the salt and tears over the last 14 months. Arguing with you all has been a pleasure. Tomorrow we unite together against Trump.

What happens when Bernie unbuttons his shirt to reveal a "Make America Great Again" t-shirt?

There a Hills event in Northern VA on Thursday only a couple miles from my work. Want to go, but, not sure I can get to that and not face dumb traffic back north afterwards. We'll see.

Grief.exe

I'm actually excited to go to a Trump event at one point and see what it's all about. I have a beard, I'm white, I can shred my college degree, and throw on some flannel.

I'll fit right in.

Wilsongt

I'm actually excited to go to a Trump event at one point and see what it's all about. I have a beard, I'm white, I can shred my college degree, and throw on some flannel.

I'll fit right in.

You can't have anymore than 20 teeth, though.
And you need at least 3 tattoos and some sort of confederate swag.

Jeez, I take one flight out to Colorado and suddenly I see some disgusting ass "candy" in my PoliGAF.

You all need to get your shit together because candy corn and circus peanuts are vile. I'm leaving the party if we put that on the platform. #singleissuePoliGAF

Princeton Election:

House_generic_history.jpg

It's off the chart. Ha.
hng

Assuming a uniform swing in all districts, Democrats would have needed about 5 extra points in 2012, winning by 6.5% or thereabouts. It was a similar margin in 2014. But the swing wouldn't be uniform either.

One thing that might help is that if Hillary improved on Obama's margin by 3 points, she would win 241 districts compared to Obama's 211. Of the 30 districts that would flip from red to blue, only a handful of them are in Romney states, AZ-1 and 2 and TX-23, so the climate might favor Democrats running in even more solidified blue states.

Basically - Dems max their votes in blue states, House majority is ours.

Bowdz

hng

Assuming a uniform swing in all districts, Democrats would have needed about 5 extra points in 2012, winning by 6.5% or thereabouts. It was a similar margin in 2014. But the swing wouldn't be uniform either.

One thing that might help is that if Hillary improved on Obama's margin by 3 points, she would win 241 districts compared to Obama's 211. Of the 30 districts that would flip from red to blue, only a handful of them are in Romney states, AZ-1 and 2 and TX-23, so the climate might favor Democrats running in even more solidified blue states.

Basically - Dems max their votes in blue states, House majority is ours.

PM this to the dude in NJ with the Maple leaf gif as his avatar. Your vote matters too brah.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery

Well, yeah sure, but that was all before we found out that Hillary committed the two most serious crimes in history.

Princeton Election:

House_generic_history.jpg

It's off the chart. Ha.

So....much.....hopium.

I want to believe, I really do. But this article from the New Yorker seems to imply that Republicans gerrymandering is just too airtight:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/04/gops-house-seats-are-safe-heres-why.html

Holmes

Hillary Clinton and Ghostbusters (2016) are interesting case studies. Both have very vocal groups online bashing them, and any Youtube video featuring any of them are lightning rods for downvotes - presumably by this same group. I can only speculate as to why, but when both of them are put to the test, contrary to the narrative that this loud group of people have tried to create, they've done reasonably well. Clinton won the Democratic primary comfortably, and Ghostbusters are getting pretty good reviews (it has a 78% on Rotten Tomatoes). Now obviously the real test for both are yet to come - Clinton still has a general to get through and we'll have to see how Ghostbusters does at the box office after it releases on Friday - but I think it shows that maybe if a group on the Internet is very vocal, it doesn't necessarily mean it has a lot of influence.

At this point in 2014, didn't Princeton Election rate the chances of the Democrats retaining the Senate to be pretty good?

That's because the polling was relatively favorable before it turned towards the Republicans in the last month or so.

(and besides, dunno if you noticed but their Senate prediction is actually really conservative)

Bowdz

That's because the polling was relatively favorable before it turned towards the Republicans in the last month or so.

(and besides, dunno if you noticed but their Senate prediction is actually really conservative)

The reason the GOP won back the Senate in 2014 is because the American public is sympathetic to animals and having a loveable turtle become Majority leader was the feel good story of the year. History making even.

Wilsongt

H. A. Goodman
H. A. Goodman – ‏@HAGOODMANAUTHOR

Hillary Bots, I'm not the GOP "operative" Hilary Clinton WORKS FOR THE GOP, you should know this already with the TPP, wars, and Kissinger

He'a cracking.

Newt Gingrich just said on Hannity that Republicans are not present in the conversation about violence against black people and thus don't really have any legitimacy in the discussion.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Newt Gingrich just said on Hannity that Republicans are not present in the conversation about violence against black people and thus don't really have any legitimacy in the discussion.
What's with Newt saying sensible things lately?

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery

Dude has a life threatening illness and wants to make amends for all the heinous shit she's done throughout his life. It's the only logical explanation.

What's with Newt saying sensible things lately?

Woah.

How sure are we that Newt hasn't been replaced by a body snatcher?

Dude has a life threatening illness and wants to make amends for all the heinous shit she's done throughout his life. It's the only logical explanation.

I've said this many times before but this is in line with Newt's personality and beliefs. This is the guy who took a trip with Al Sharpton to inner city schools to figure out how to get education working for minorities and called it the civil rights issue of the century.

Magni

this article from the New Yorker seems to imply that Republicans gerrymandering is just too airtight:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/04/gops-house-seats-are-safe-heres-why.html

I remember being so mad after the 2012 election. Not surprised, because I knew about the redistricting and gerrymandering ahead of time, but mad and disappointed nonetheless.

I hope the Supreme Court can take a look at this by 2020. There is no way you can win the popular vote in a state and only get 25% of the seats and have that be constitutional.

I have no idea how that Chris Jankowski can live with himself. His job is essentially disenfranchising people and weakening our democracy. What a human turd.

Marvie_3

Banned
I remember being so mad after the 2012 election. Not surprised, because I knew about the redistricting and gerrymandering ahead of time, but mad and disappointed nonetheless.

I hope the Supreme Court can take a look at this by 2020. There is no way you can win the popular vote in a state and only get 25% of the seats and have that be constitutional.

I have no idea how that Chris Jankowski can live with himself. His job is essentially disenfranchising people and weakening our democracy. What a human turd.
Something has to be done about gerrymandering. Completely undemocratic.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
I've said this many times before but this is in line with Newt's personality and beliefs. This is the guy who took a trip with Al Sharpton to inner city schools to figure out how to get education working for minorities and called it the civil rights issue of the century.
He also said black poor kids should be put to work cleaning their own school after hours, for fractions of minimum wage. So the dignity of work could imbue them with a meaningful purpose in life (transcending their own destitution). This is to save them the fate of instead of being transformed into a food stamp zombie (presumably after being bitten by Obama).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom