• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill's problem is his strength is also his greatest weakness. He has no chill, that is why you have to have him pointed at shit you want to destroy at all times.

Add in he is clearly entering the Old Man Fuck It Years
So point him at Trump! Point him at the GOP! His speech on behalf of Obama and making the case against Romney was one of the best convention speeches I've ever seen, and that was only 4 years ago! Now we've got a target like Trump, and we're bumping him for Michelle or Joe Biden?!? (Not that I don't love uncle Joe).

Boke1879

So point him at Trump! Point him at the GOP! His speech on behalf of Obama and making the case against Romney was one of the best convention speeches I've ever seen, and that was only 4 years ago! Now we've got a target like Trump, and we're bumping him for Michelle or Joe Biden?!? (Not that I don't love uncle Joe).

Not saying Bill isn't an asset. He is, but I understand if they kinda want him under the radar right now. Just because of his latest antics.

And This is probably the best time for Michelle to stump for Clinton. She's for the most part wildly loved.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Bill's problem is his strength is also his greatest weakness. He has no chill, that is why you have to have him pointed at shit you want to destroy at all times.

Add in he is clearly entering the Old Man Fuck It Years

Exactly. He's great when you need someone to go HAM, but outside of that he needs to chill.

kess

John Stewart was prone to whataboutism, but I don't remember him being so fucking barmy. Colbert is so ill suited for this. It's hard to believe now that one of the first things that this show did was a serious interview with Joe Biden, but one gets a sense that he would probably run some faux edge wannabe-viral jokey piece like this on him if he were in the race.

It's like the Daily Show without Stewart's contempt of the news media. Trump is a joke, Clinton is a joke, politics is a joke. Hilarious.

Michelle could be bumped to almost prime time if she absolutely must speak.

Bill should speak, not only as a former President, but as the spouse of the candidate.

Not to mention as the guy who nuked the entire GOP in his last convention speech. Obama can't go that hard while he's also promoting his legacy.

Grief.exe

John Stewart was prone to whataboutism, but I don't remember him being so fucking barmy. Colbert is so ill suited for this. It's hard to believe now that one of the first things that this show did was a serious interview with Joe Biden, but one gets a sense that he would probably run some faux edge wannabe-viral jokey piece like this on him if he were in the race.

It's like the Daily Show without Stewart's contempt of the news media. Trump is a joke, Clinton is a joke, politics is a joke. Hilarious.

The show used to be compelling, they even brought in the Secretary of Energy to explain the Iran Nuclear Deal. I haven't watched it for a while, so I can't speak for the current state of the show, but I have a feeling the ratings weren't going well so he had to switch over to typical Late Night fare.

pigeon

Banned
They should just do a big musical number at the DNC, that's the usual way to get a bunch of people onstage at the same time.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Gotta love that the challenge the DNC faces is how to fit in so many high caliber speakers while the RNC is struggling to put together any kind of speaker lineup at all.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
1KBJZ6F.gif

Gotta love that the challenge the DNC faces is how to fit in so many high caliber speakers while the RNC is struggling to put together any kind of speaker lineup at all.

Still hoping for the Red Wedding of speaker lineups for the RNC, where everyone turns on Trump.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Still hoping for the Red Wedding of speaker lineups for the RNC, where everyone turns on Trump.

I'm expecting the eventual RNC lineup to rail on Democrats in general while desperately trying to avoid mentioning Trump by name at all.

Not quite as brutal, but damning nonetheless.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The show used to be compelling, they even brought in the Secretary of Energy to explain the Iran Nuclear Deal. I haven't watched it for a while, so I can't speak for the current state of the show, but I have a feeling the ratings weren't going well so he had to switch over to typical Late Night fare.

He was in third place, which wasn't really an issue when Dave had the show because he owned the timeslot, but Colbert's got a shorter leash as a result.

rodvik

They should just do a big musical number at the DNC, that's the usual way to get a bunch of people onstage at the same time.

You got big dreams. You want the Presidency! You want the house!? Well that costs and right here is where you start paying.

tumblr_nokj76VJW81t55xupo1_400.gif

1KBJZ6F.gif

And who, are you, the delegate said
that I must vote so low
Only a man with an orange tan
the only truth I know
a coat of blue, a coat of red
the parties still has sway
and mine is old and strong, my lord
it's still alive today
And so he spoke, and so he spoke,
that delegate of yesteryear
but now the Trump has the title now
there's no one left to steer
yes now the Trump has the title now
and not a soul to steer

kess

Stewart walking away from the Daily Show looks like a fine career choice in retrospect. It's hard to take Colbert seriously when it seems like his future employment is proportionate to how many jokes he can end with a Donald Trump punchline.

I'm expecting the eventual RNC lineup to rail on Democrats in general while desperately trying to avoid mentioning Trump by name at all.

Not quite as brutal, but damning nonetheless.

This. It's just as awkward as the RNC site not mentioning Trump by name anywhere on the website. It's all just "the nominee" etc...

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Moving Bill Clinton out of prime speech space is a dumb idea. His speech last time around was one of the best I've ever seen.

Iolo

This. It's just as awkward as the RNC site not mentioning Trump by name anywhere on the website. It's all just "the nominee" etc...

Even Trump won't mention himself by name. "I, the Republican nominee, will win so much you'll be tired of winning. The nominee will build that wall and he is going to beat Hillary Clinton!"

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Stewart walking away from the Daily Show looks like a fine career choice in retrospect. It's hard to take Colbert seriously when it seems like his future employment is proportionate to how many jokes he can end with a Donald Trump punchline.

Stewart had a job security that Colbert currently doesn't though. Jon was basically Dave in that he could do what he wanted and no one at the network could tell him no.

daedalius

Stewart had a job security that Colbert currently doesn't though. Jon was basically Dave in that he could do what he wanted and no one at the network could tell him no.

I miss Jon, and I've found it difficult to get into Colbert's new show considering I used to religiously watch the report.

Trevor is ok, the bits on Larry make me cringe a bit sometimes, but at least Sam's show is hot fire; and I also appreciate the deep dives we get from Oliver, even though his humor can be a bit one-note at times.

I'd really love to see Jon come back, even if it's like once every couple weeks or something.

And who, are you, the delegate said
that I must vote so low
Only a man with an orange tan
the only truth I know
a coat of blue, a coat of red
the parties still has sway
and mine is old and strong, my lord
it's still alive today
And so he spoke, and so he spoke,
that delegate of yesteryear
but now the Trump has the title now
there's no one left to steer
yes now the Trump has the title now
and not a soul to steer

Romney sends his regards.

Sibylus

Banned
I don't get the whole warm and fuzzies thing for Dubya, at all. Do I need a headcanon where he isn't a careless, unscathed war criminal?

Iolo

I don't get the whole warm and fuzzies thing for Dubya, at all. Do I need a headcanon where he isn't a careless, unscathed war criminal?

Presidents' approval almost always goes up once out of office, it's human nature to forget or forgive the bad. That's why Obama will have 120% approval in 2035.

I'm going with:

Bob Knight
George Washington impersonator
Some guy Trump knows talking about his Amway distributorship
Open mic night

Hazmat

I think it's because next to Donald Trump he looks pretty good. Like, remember when this prick was the worst we had to offer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom