• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCS

Banned
Not in a world where Sherlock exists..

I just assume Chichikov hates everything.

except People vs O.J Simpson and I think Better Call Saul. Those are the only two things I remember him saying that he likes. Chichikov, since OJ ended and BCS ended, what else do you like to see watch?

Also that list.. Never gon get it, never gonna get it.

Sherlock started great but has gone downhill in the last few.

That's a R.O.B.I.O joke, not a Robot Wars dig.

Ahh I apologise, I hadn't woken up enough to appreciate jokes :p

Also, superb edit description.

Ryan just doesn't care anymore:

Alex MoeVerified account
‏@AlexNBCNews
Speaker Ryan to GOP audience member who says won't vote for Trump bc racist: that basically means you're going to help elect Hillary Clinton

So why do you "loveee it"

I tend to look at the average of polls anyway. What will this do, move Trump's chances from 22.5% to 25%?

Also, close polls will keep Hillary folks motivated and remove complacency.

Also, polls conducted over 12 days. Ask Nate or Enten, that is not a good way of doing polls.

Diablos

I tend to look at the average of polls anyway. What will this do, move Trump's chances from 22.5% to 25%?

Also, close polls will keep Hillary folks motivated and remove complacency.
Hillary has been though so much negativity and smearing. Comey's comments didn't help either.

Not to mention Bernie I think did irreversible harm. He basically used GOP talking points against her at times. So even with his endorsement, a lot of voters just aren't buying it.

I have to wonder if there really even is a way for her to overcome all of these sustained attacks on her character.

Hillary has been though so much negativity and smearing. Comey's comments didn't help either.

Not to mention Bernie I think did irreversible harm. He basically used GOP talking points against her at times. So even with his endorsement, a lot of voters just aren't buying it.

Chill man, it's just one set of polls.

As to why they changed so much, Q says Hillary has lost support from women a lot.

This is just the beginning of a small Trump bump (Clinton email case + VP pick + RNC convention).

Lets see other polls before freaking out.

Diablos

Trump ahead in trustworthiness, jobs, fighting terror. Its just not looking good.

Yet somehow Hillary is up over 20 points on who is better prepared to be President.

The Party ID breakdowns in those polls seems really off.

In 2012 in PA, it was 45% Dem, 35% GOP, and 20% Independent. This poll has it 35% Dem, 34% GOP and 25% Independent. It also has a whiter electorate than in 2012.

Same thing with their Ohio numbers: 2012 was 38/31/31 (Dem, GOP, Indy). This has it at 30/30/34. And, again, an overall more white electorate.

Same thing with Florida. Was 35/33/33 (Dem, GOP, Indy) in 2012. They have it at 29/31/32.

Didn't Nate or someone mention that Q's electorate has looked a little off, but that was during the primaries.

Ecotic

I'm hoping Hillary is experiencing a temporary dip due to her email problems making the news. While it was good news that she wasn't indicted, it was still horrible optics on t.v. and facebook for the lay person.

Maybe the party ID seems off because Democrats and center-left independents aren't as excited to vote?

yea, center left and democrats aren't going to vote when Trump is on the line

I mean, I know one of the rules is not to unskew polls you don't like, but those numbers do seem off (especially the Florida hispanic number)

I don't know if anyone cares. Bernie waited too long.
He needed to endorse last month.

anyone who isn't voting Clinton because Sanders waited too long was never going to vote Clinton anyways, and most people already left the Sanders train over the past two months

chill out dude, go smoke some weed or something

Diablos

GOP Platform is so unbelievably socially conservative.

I can't believe how anyone could trust Trump over Hillary. Fucking manufactured scandals. People are so gullible.

Meanwhile Trump lies his ass off, won't be honest about his taxes and for some reason gets a free pass on things like Trump university. It's wrong. How does a guy with a half assed ground game stay so competitive? It's infuriating.

Just to cheer up:

WORLD RECORD: @HillaryClinton nods her head 406 times during @BernieSanders endorsement.

https://twitter.com/MattNegrin/status/753184992629587968

haha, I can relate. One of my bosses told me he doesn't trust that I'm actually understanding what's being said because I nod my head like that no matter what's being explained to me. I don't even realize I'm doing it. Although with Clinton it's more of a 'you're damn right' kind of nod heh.

Diablos

I love how after Trump has been granted unlimited political practice and after the billionth fuck up, he just happens to get the past two weeks mostly right and it's like the past 1+ year of his rhetoric is forgotten. He's getting away with murder.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
I love how after Trump has been granted unlimited political practice and after the billionth fuck up, he just happens to get the past two weeks mostly right and it's like the past 1+ year of his rhetoric is forgotten. He's getting away with murder.

There are 2 conventions, 2 VP announcements, 4 debates, and over 3 months of lopsided attack ads to remind people what Trump is about.

Diablos

There are 2 conventions, 2 VP announcements, 4 debates, and over 3 months of lopsided attack ads to remind people what Trump is about.
But what else can Hillary offer? That's the inherent problem I think. All she can do is cross her fingers and go negative on Trump. If he continues to clean up his act that may not work.

HylianTom

Banned
The Party ID breakdowns in those polls seems really off.

In 2012 in PA, it was 45% Dem, 35% GOP, and 20% Independent. This poll has it 35% Dem, 34% GOP and 25% Independent. It also has a whiter electorate than in 2012.

Same thing with their Ohio numbers: 2012 was 38/31/31 (Dem, GOP, Indy). This has it at 30/30/34. And, again, an overall more white electorate.

Same thing with Florida. Was 35/33/33 (Dem, GOP, Indy) in 2012. They have it at 29/31/32.

Didn't Nate or someone mention that Q's electorate has looked a little off, but that was during the primaries.
I've seen both the 538 crew and Chuck Todd question their GE methodology. I'll wait for other polls before getting riled-up. The idea that she leads in Colorado by 7% while losing Pennsylvania seems odd, knowing what we know about the elasticity and compositions of those states.

Add this to the pot:

@mmurraypolitics:
Are those Q-polls real or outliers? We'll be releasing new NBC/WSJ/Marist polls on IA/OH/PA at 5pm ET.

(And no, haven't seen numbers yet.)

bananas

Banned
But what else can Hillary offer? That's the inherent problem I think. All she can do is cross her fingers and go negative on Trump. If he continues to clean up his act that may not work.
You are, without a doubt, the most annoying person on this forum.

Blueliner

Banned

I'm not sure how effective attacks on Trump really are, if at all. He hurts himself more than anything, which happens often no less. Trump has tons of ammo on Hillary though, and that's a huge issue for her camp, because his attacks on her seem to ring true with a lot of the general public's perception of her, or confirms who they think she is.

So both NBC and Fox will come out with more state polls today, should give a more broader picture.

Clinton camp keeping it real:
Brian Fallon
‏@brianefallon
We know the battlegrounds are going to be close til the end. That's why we need to keep working so hard. Trump is a serious danger, folks.

In Plouffe we trust

David Plouffe ‏@davidplouffe 35m35 minutes ago
I remember when Suffolk U declared they would stop polling VA and FL because Romney was a lock. Keep calm and focus on the fundamentals.

thebloo

Keep calm and focus on the fundamentals.

Gregg-Popovich-Smiles-As-Moda-Center-Booed-Him.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom