• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gregg-Popovich-Smiles-As-Moda-Center-Booed-Him.jpg
He looks better with a beard

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
But what else can Hillary offer? That's the inherent problem I think. All she can do is cross her fingers and go negative on Trump. If he continues to clean up his act that may not work.

The Clinton campaign machine is barely in first gear. In just the last week, the Democrat party platform is now sorted, the email indictment issue has closed, and Bernie has stepped aside and endorsed.

Hillary, Obama, Biden, Warren, Sanders, and Bill (and whoever the VP is) will be hitting Trump every week with a relentless barrage. He'll be swinging wild trying to defend himself against everything.

By contrast, who will speak for Trump? Only a handful of Republicans are even willing to say his name in public, much less repeat his talking points.

The polls are going to be completely shaken up within two weeks anyway after 2 VP announcements and the 2 conventions. Chill out until then. If Hillary's numbers tank after that, then you can start worrying. You'll have a heart attack getting so wound up every time a negative looking poll comes out.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
You are, without a doubt, the most annoying person on this forum.

Its negative contribution at this point. I cant even muster up the care to worry because this thread claims the sky is falling every 20 posts. And its only a few posters doing it.

HylianTom

Banned
We should be getting travel clues about Trump's VP selection either today or tomorrow. Reporters tailing Gingrich, Pence, etc.. this part is always fun. I hope we have a pretty good idea by tomorrow night.

Bowdz

But what else can Hillary offer? That's the inherent problem I think. All she can do is cross her fingers and go negative on Trump. If he continues to clean up his act that may not work.

Jesus dude, calm down. His negatives are as high as any candidate ever and he is losing Hispanics by more than any GOP candidate ever before Clinton even starts hitting him in full on the issue. He's going o lose on that metric alone and that ihnores the Bloomberg poll yesterday that has him losing women by some 31% and white college educated voters (a group the GOP has ALWAYS won since it has been tracked).

Take a deep breath, check the polling average, check the cross tabs, and actually trust the professionals on Hilldawg's team. They've got this.

lol, my mom is a huge Clinton stan, and she always freaks out and I have to calm her down. I just woke up to a bunch of texts from her this morning freaking out about last night's polls. Good thing for this thread so I can read up and help her calm down.

She watches too much cable news oi.

Boke1879

Man some of y'all be scared lol. Honestly as much as I don't think Trump will win. He has a legit chance simply because he's the "other" candidate. So you have to take it seriously.

jmood88

What were people like around here after Obama's first debate with Romney? Was it a bunch of people running with their heads on fire?

All of the new polls do show a move towards Trump! Oh noes!! But these polls were already the most favorable to him. If you look at the actual moves, its less than a 1% swing since before Comey's press conference. People need to chill out and wait to see where we stand after the conventions.

CnP1zszWIAA2ei_.jpg

kadotsu

Banned
Did Trump really pick a fight with a supreme court judge? How politically inept can he be? This will bring all the judge stories back into the news cycle.

And shocker trump is probably going to gain a point or two during convention week. Of course I expect his acceptance speech to be god awful and hurt him a little.

Did Trump really pick a fight with a supreme court judge? How politically inept can he be? This will bring all the judge stories back into the news cycle.

Actually she started it which is why it was so shocking. She must be planning on retiring as soon as the election is over.

Iolo

All of the new polls do show a move towards Trump! Oh noes!! But these polls were already the most favorable to him. If you look at the actual moves, its less than a 1% swing since before Comey's press conference. People need to chill out and wait to see where we stand after the conventions.

CnP1zszWIAA2ei_.jpg

Exactly. Q polls in particular were always the worst for her and that hasn't changed. Don't unskew them, just throw them on the aggregate and chill.

Actually she started it which is why it was so shocking. She must be planning on retiring as soon as the election is over.

Well, from her point of view

Hillary wins: Retire and live remaining years enjoying life as a younger version of you will continue on your views for the country

Trump wins: The country is beyond fucked, enjoy life because it isn't getting better at this point

greatgeek

Banned
In this case I actually agree that any SCOTUS member should not get involved in politics.
President Trump would, of course, question her impariality even if she did not speak out. I'm not sure that the illusion of impartiality matters much, or is even threatened when a Justice speaks to a non-legal issue.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
What were people like around here after Obama's first debate with Romney? Was it a bunch of people running with their heads on fire?

Oh good lord, was it...

It was so weird cause normally I'm on the same page with most of poligaf and the liberal blogosphere, but I was just flabbergasted how everyone (aside from me) was running around like chickens with their heads cut off.

thefro

wtffffffff

Newt you fucking mother fucker

fuck you Newt, now I have to settle with some boring fucking governor

Quick Pence highlights:
- RFRA. You probably know about that one.
- HIV outbreak in a rural county since he opposed a needle exchange and waited months to declare state of emergency
- Tried to block Indianapolis Catholic Archdiocese from settling Syrian refugees in Indiana
- Tried to set up his own propaganda news outlet, JustIn funded by the government, then backed off
- Multiple fights with Dem Superintendent of Public Instruction and is trying to make position a government appointee instead of an elected office (although I think they backed off this)
- Got under 50% of the vote in 2012 in his first run for governor
- Indiana Republicans don't respect him
- Lots of stuff from him being in Congress and being an idiot
- Probably some audio of him on his talk show saying stuff that would now be controversial.

BanGy.nz

Banned
With Scalia gone someone needed to fill the void of blatantly partisan political opinions, good on Ruth Bader Ginsburg for stepping up and doing the job.

Quick Pence highlights:
- RFRA. You probably know about that one.
- HIV outbreak in a rural county since he opposed a needle exchange
- Tried to block Indianapolis Catholic Archdiocese from settling Syrian refugees in Indiana
- Tried to set up his own propaganda news outlet, JustIn funded by the government, then backed off
- Multiple fights with Dem Superintendent of Public Instruction and is trying to make position a government appointee instead of an elected office (although I think they backed off this)
- Got under 50% of the vote in 2012 in his first run for governor
- Indiana Republicans don't respect him
- Lots of stuff from him being in Congress and being an idiot
- Probably some audio of him on his talk show saying stuff that would now be controversial.

but there's no sex, no pazas, no fireworks, no drama!

HylianTom

Banned
!!!

@Phil_Mattingly (CNN):
Trump VP pick is not settled, per @SaraMurray. Kids are pushing Pence, Trump's gut says Christie. Trump & Christie to talk today.

-======-

And for those following DNC speaker/VP intrigue..

@SamStein:
Kaine, Booker and Becerra were invited on Tuesday to speak at the Democratic National Convention. @ryangrim scoop

thefro

Christie's a better attack dog than Pence and probably would be better in the VP debates.

Media would cover him more if he was the VP nominee.

gcubed

I've seen both the 538 crew and Chuck Todd question their GE methodology. I'll wait for other polls before getting riled-up. The idea that she leads in Colorado by 7% while losing Pennsylvania seems odd, knowing what we know about the elasticity and compositions of those states.

Add this to the pot:

@mmurraypolitics:

Q shat the bed in the last GE with the same issues early.

And Trump isn't going to get a convention boost. If Romney didn't, Trump sure as hell isn't going to with his emerging lineup and shit show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom