• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

HylianTom

Banned
Q shat the bed in the last GE with the same issues early.

And Trump isn't going to get a convention boost. If Romney didn't, Trump sure as hell isn't going to with his emerging lineup and shit show
Q's Florida poll has Trump winning white college-educated voters by 17%. Hillary wins 56% of the non-white vote.

Hmm.

OHNOES.gif

watershed

Banned
Pence makes total sense for Trump. I think their personalities are similar and Pence seems more energetic than Newt who, despite being angry a lot, looks like he takes naps during commercial breaks. Pence is also a bit of a rambler from what I remember from his tv appearances. Is he Sarah Palin-esque or much more coherent?

Doesn't Q always over represent Republicans in their polling?

It has not been Clinton-friendly.

Also, relevant to the "shy Trumpy" concerns from yesterday--Trump modestly underperformed his primary polling. General election is a different beast, of course, but there weren't hidden Trump voters in the primaries.

Pence makes total sense for Trump. I think their personalities are similar and Pence seems more energetic than Newt who, despite being angry a lot, looks like he takes naps during commercial breaks. Pence is also a bit of a rambler from what I remember from his tv appearances. Is he Sarah Palin-esque or much more coherent?

His defense of the RFRA was a disaster

Kusagari

I've figured from the beginning Trump would be against Pence. He adds zero celebrity, exposure, etc to the campaign. Trump being Trump would want a "sexier" pick like Christie.

I'm not surprised it's the kids pushing him.

As someone who works in and lives near Cleveland, the atmosphere here is pretty unique. There are welcoming signs, and ones that celebrate the recent championship, and emails that tell us this is an exciting time for the city, and construction in preparation for the convention. Yet there is an impending sense of doom in how each of us feel about the coming week, and recent news stories do not help. It was at this moment when I realized that I'm living in Majora's Mask.

I've figured from the beginning Trump would be against Pence. He adds zero celebrity, exposure, etc to the campaign. Trump being Trump would want a "sexier" pick like Christie.

I'm not surprised it's the kids pushing him.
I can't believe my only hope in the event of a Trump victory is that Ivanka shadow-runs the country.

As someone who works in and lives near Cleveland, the atmosphere here is pretty unique. There are welcoming signs, and ones that celebrate the recent championship, and emails that tell us this is an exciting time for the city, and construction in preparation for the convention. Yet there is an impending sense of doom in how each of us feel about the coming week, and recent news stories do not help. It was at this moment when I realized that I'm living in Majora's Mask.

Sooo the RNC thread is going to be Majora's Mask themed, right?

And the title is going to be updated with Dawn Of __ each day right?

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Wouldn't surprise me that Trump's strategy would be to spend as much money as possible trying to influence polls and nothing else. All he needs is to quote polls saying "we're doing great in that state, amazing, we got the best numbers, Hillary is doing horrible, we're winning here and there and there it's amazing folks believe it I guarantee ".

Quoting poll numbers seems to be the most viable strategy for him, doesn't matter if the source is legit.

Still not going to beat Hillary-Obama-Bernie-Biden-tron.

watershed

Banned
Pence is also a very generic VP pick so Hillary should have a free hand to pick whoever she wants without feeling a need to counter Trump's pick. I hope that means she goes with someone other than Kaine.

Pence is also a very generic VP pick so Hillary should have a free hand to pick whoever she wants without feeling a need to counter Trump's pick. I hope that means she goes with someone other than Kaine.

Generic pick makes someone like Kaine more likely. Pence/Kaine VP debate borefest and no one cares or worries about it.

watershed

Banned
Generic pick makes someone like Kaine more likely. Pence/Kaine VP debate borefest and no one cares or worries about it.
I know but that's not what I want! Hillary should go for contrast. And I'm still trying to win Poligaf prediction league and I sure as hell didn't pick Kaine and Pence. Sad!

Paskil

You all need to relax and accept it. Trump is basically president elect, at this point. Just give up, there's no point in even voting. Get excited about the Republicans controlling all three branches. The Rapture is nigh, etc.

It looks like basically every single writer at 538 decided to write an article on gun deaths and release it at 10am today. Seriously. Every single one.

I was going to post some polls from FL, OH and PA in 2012 showing Romney ahead around this time just to prove a point.

But then I ate two doughnuts instead.

So....ya.

Grief.exe

All throughout the primary, Quinnipiac would treat the country as whiter than it actually is.

Generally off by 3 or 4 points of Bernie's actual vote, who is supported by a mainly white electorate. Same goes for Trump benefiting in this case.

Crocodile

I got an e-mail this morning basically saying "Don't come near the lab or med school next week! Stay and work from home!"

Operation DON'T LEAVE MY APARTMENT NEXT WEEK is a GO!

pigeon

Banned
You guys don't need to rely on folklore to talk about the strength of individual pollsters.

538 gives Qpac an A- rating but adjusts its polls 2 points towards the Democrats. They are slightly biased but pretty accurate within that bias.

That said, all three of these polls are breakout towards Trump. National polls in the same period don't show movement. Keep calm and see what happens next, crazy people.

Like, there are going to be polls with Trump ahead. He's essentially the only other option. We don't have to be like OH NOES every time it happens.

Queens coming off a not so great week. I'm not sure who could completely weather the FBI saying "Ya done goofed" without taking a hit somewhere. (Although I do still think it was baked in.) Trump's going to get a bump when he manages to not totally shit on it for a week. And, given the last week's media coverage...ya. He's probably come off looking a bit better. We have a ton of time to slap him repeatedly over the next few months.

But he's going to probably get a convention bump! Because, you know, he's going to do the real things that a real candidate does. It's all good brahs and brahettes. We got dis.

Like, there are going to be polls with Trump ahead. He's essentially the only other option. We don't have to be like OH NOES every time it happens.

Queens coming off a not so great week. I'm not sure who could completely weather the FBI saying "Ya done goofed" without taking a hit somewhere. (Although I do still think it was baked in.) Trump's going to get a bump when he manages to not totally shit on it for a week. And, given the last week's media coverage...ya. He's probably come off looking a bit better. We have a ton of time to slap him repeatedly over the next few months.

But he's going to probably get a convention bump! Because, you know, he's going to do the real things that a real candidate does. It's all good brahs and brahettes. We got dis.

There's a good chance that, optics-wise, last week was and will be Hillary Clinton's worst week of her presidential campaign.

On the other hand, there's every reason to expect Donald Trump will continue making mind-boggling fuckups every week until election day.

Also, conventions, debates, surrogates, fundraising, and everything else that looks to favor Clinton and the Democrats heavily.

Jeels

I really hope Hillary doesn't pick Kaine but I feel like she will because she's been extremely vanilla in some decisions. I might not even tune into the VP debate at this point...

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Ok, the 538 articles are awesome.

Wonder if people will be willing to drop their dogmatic views in order to try to actually solve the problems related to gun violence or not.

HylianTom

Banned
The four who are there.. bring them here!

{*insert photoshop with Barack-Hillary-{VP}-Biden stopping the Trumpified moon..*}

Slayven

You guys don't need to rely on folklore to talk about the strength of individual pollsters.

538 gives Qpac an A- rating but adjusts its polls 2 points towards the Democrats. They are slightly biased but pretty accurate within that bias.

That said, all three of these polls are breakout towards Trump. National polls in the same period don't show movement. Keep calm and see what happens next, crazy people.

image.php

ampere

Ok, the 538 articles are awesome.

Wonder if people will be willing to drop their dogmatic views in order to try to actually solve the problems related to gun violence or not.

I really want to see any modern argument against repealing the Dicky Amendment. Even the guy who it's named for regrets it!

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
I really want to see any modern argument against repealing the Dicky Amendment. Even the guy who it's named for regrets it!

Heh; that amendment still drives me up a wall. If you're afraid of researching something, you are going bad places. Hell; I don't agree with reparations necessarily - but I don't see why they won't pass HR 40 (to study the idea). It's not a binding bill or anything. Same deal with gun violence. Let's get the data and figure out how to actually solve the problem.

User1608

Banned
I've always been one for gun reform and control/regulation. I personally believe a complete repeal/change of the second amendment as is interpreted today, is a complete waste of time and will never happen. Gotta compromise on this issue as much as guns suck, and win people over instead of saying "all gunz ban!!!!1!1!", though I do know a vast majority of Americans agree with my viewpoint.

While the state polls don't come out:

YouGovUS ‏@YouGovUS 1h1 hour ago
NEW YouGov/Economist Weekly Tracking Poll:

Clinton 40% (-2)
Trump 37% (0)
Johnson 5% (+1)
Stein 2% (-1)

Political Polls ‏@PpollingNumbers 35m35 minutes ago
Political Polls Retweeted Political Polls
National GE, 4-Way-Race:

Clinton 40% (+5)
Trump 35%
Johnson (L) 10%
Stein (G) 5%

@McClatchyDC/@maristpoll

P.S.: Today must National Poll Day, Marquette coming out with a poll as well in 30 minutes.

Brinbe

lol pivoted trump is the worst low energy candidate ever. if you're gonna go down, at least lose your way. This shit is boring by the books garbage till Nov.

I'm just salty he didn't just go with Sessions. ;_;

And there is absolutely zero way Trump is winning in FL.

Slayven

lol pivoted trump is the worst low energy candidate ever. if you're gonna go down, at least lose your way. This shit is boring by the books garbage till Nov.

And there is absolutely zero way Trump is winning in FL.

Yeah Teleprompter Trump is just uncomfortable to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom