• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crisco

Banned
I mean Trump/Gingrich? Seriously? We must be living in some dem strategists wet dream. Other than the email thing, this entire cycle must be a laugh riot for the Clinton campaign.

Azzanadra

I suspect Martin O'Malley will be the next presidential candidate for the Democratic party (in 2024), if he does, would y'all consider voting Republican?

Few things scare me more than Tommy Carcetti in the white house.

watershed

Banned
I suspect Martin O'Malley will be the next presidential candidate for the Democratic party (in 2024), if he does, would y'all consider voting Republican?

He's a nothing candidate. His only appeal was that he wasn't Hillary Clinton which got him all of zero delegates (?). He tried to be the "young" candidate in a field of old man Bernie and old woman Hillary but even that didn't work. He'll have even less appeal next time in a more crowded field of dem candidates.

Valhelm

contribute something

If the Republicans can reform themselves into neoliberals-who-aren't-racist by 2024, they could certainly beat whoever the Democrats throw forward.

watershed

Banned
O'Malley is like... too polished. He's weird in that regard.

He's too scripted and inauthentic. Watching him is like watching an actor who has been taught how to be part Obama, part Bill Clinton, and the anti-Hillary trying to pull off all 3 acts at the same time.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

You must be joking with this. All of the Dems who could have seriously challenged Clinton sat on the sidelines this election. No one who was in this primary will be around for 2024, that year is going to be all the people that avoided this year.

He's too scripted and inauthentic. Watching him is like watching an actor who has been taught how to be part Obama, part Bill Clinton, and the anti-Hillary trying to pull off all 3 acts at the same time.

Not only that there's nothing about him to get excited about. No policy achievements, no policy proposals, no nothing. He's like the dullest Dem that ever thought about running for the nomination.

Diablos

Remember his Iowa song? Lmao

There is no way O'Malley will be the nominee in 2020/2024. He might run again, sure.

Nah, there's a lot of up and comings that will take all the spotlight. Kamala Harris, for instance.

pigeon

Banned

I mean, do you have any specific arguments against him that aren't based on references to a TV show from fourteen years ago?

I don't particularly imagine O'Malley winning -- like his whole reason for running is that the Democrats needed somebody out there or they were afraid the primary would be over too fast, lolol -- but I'm not necessarily clear on what you think his problems are.

Chichikov

And also, the only good TV the Canadians have ever given us is Schitt's Creek.
SMH

o6a1xUh.gif

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I mean, do you have any specific arguments against him that aren't based on references to a TV show from fourteen years ago?

I know we're giving Azz a hard time for not knowing anything about American politics yet commenting on it anyway right now, but O'Malley is like the most boring potential candidate the Dems have put forth in my lifetime. He's like dullness personified.

Wilsongt

H. A. Goodman ‏@HAGOODMANAUTHOR 7h7 hours ago

Dem est. wants you to FALL IN LINE. MUST FEAR TRUMP! NO FBI INDICTMENTS FOR HRC! VOTE HRC! Think again. Dr. Stein Bernie or Bust STILL HERE

Totes adorbs!

Jeanette Verdista
‏@JeanetteJing

Jeanette Verdista Retweeted Morning Joe

#CrookedHillary is imploding in all three major swing states.
#Hillbots can't say we didn't warn them. #ItsOnYou

Then she goes to cite Quinnipac.

f2X4DQ.gif

I'm ready for November and then January so that the only bullshit we can hear is coming from Congress and not every armchair political analysis on Twitter and Facebook.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery

Fuck no. The worst Democrat is still infinitely better than the best Republican.

And who the hell is Tommy Carcetti?

NY Post is garbage, but I admit, this gave me a lol.

Flow chart on how to tell if a Super Court Justice is overstepping their boundary and being too political:

Code:
-----------------------Was said justice appointed by a Democrat or a Republican?
----------------------------------------------------------//-------\\
---------------------------------------------------------//---------\\
--------------------------------------------Democrat----------Republican
-------------------------------------------------------//--------------\\
-----------------------------------------------------//------------------\\
-----------Yes, political overstep, breach in -----------No. Our generations gift to upholding the
------------- constitutionality, politicization; ------------founding father's purist intentions. Doing 
----------reading a living breathing constitution------- God's works. Impartial and A-political
-------------------------------------------------------------------------to an immaculate degree

Wilsongt

http://www.logcabin.org/pressreleas...cabin-republicans-president-gregory-t-angelo/

Date: July 12, 2016

Dear Friend,

There’s no way to sugar-coat this: I’m mad as hell — and I know you are, too.

Moments ago, the Republican Party passed the most anti-LGBT Platform in the Party’s 162-year history.

Opposition to marriage equality, nonsense about bathrooms, an endorsement of the debunked psychological practice of “pray the gay away” — it’s all in there.

This isn’t my GOP, and I know it’s not yours either. Heck, it’s not even Donald Trump’s! When given a chance to follow the lead of our presumptive presidential nominee and reach out to the LGBT community in the wake of the awful terrorist massacre in Orlando on the gay nightclub Pulse, the Platform Committee said NO.

BUT…now is not the time to sit around feeling sorry for ourselves. Log Cabin Republicans has been officially credentialed for the Republican National Convention, and when it convenes in Cleveland in a mere 6 days’ time I want to be able to take a stand, but we’re going to need your support to do it.

Cleveland is rightly making the most of their time in the spotlight, and prices for advertising in area news outlets are sky-high.

That’s why I’m writing to ask for your help.

Please give today and give generously — $500, $250, $100, or whatever you can give would go a long way to ensuring we don’t go quietly into the night.

You all are just now realizing that the GOP are homophobic fucks?

The cognitive dissonance of this group is stunning.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Flow chart on how to tell if a Super Court Justice is overstepping their boundary and being too political:

Gotta wrap it in code tags to get a fixed width font.

Code:
-----------------------Was said justice appointed by a Democrat or a Republican?
---------------------------------------------------------- /-------\-
--------------------------------------------------------- /---------\
------------------------------------------   Democrat----------Republican
-------------------------------------------------------/---------------\
-----------------------------------------------------/------------------\
-----------Yes, political overstep, breach in -----------No. Our generations gift to upholding the
------------- constitutionality, politicization; ------------founding father's purist intentions. Doing 
----------reading a living breathing constitution------- God's works. Impartial and A-political
-------------------------------------------------------------------------to an immaculate degree

Measley

PKrockin

I don't usually post here but I saw this... piece of work and just have to share it. It's the dumbest political cartoon I've ever seen. How presumptuous of you to expect the police to protect you rather than kill you even though you criticize them! It's blowing my mind, somebody help me.

http://www.logcabin.org/pressreleas...cabin-republicans-president-gregory-t-angelo/

You all are just now realizing that the GOP are homophobic fucks?

The cognitive dissonance of this group is stunning.

I wonder if Trump is going to co-op some of the language; probably not. Funny that Trump is basically "moderate" on gay issues let his party to have the most anti-platform ever. He might have to defend it which will be ugly. Some GOP that are running are either going to defend this or try to side-step the issue. The Republicans are giving the Democrats so much ammo it is not even funny.

Wilsongt

I don't get these people. The writing is on the wall, and they're not going to change their platform no matter how loud you yell. They hate you. They hate the fact that you exist. They believe that their god hates you.

It's time to switch parties.

They truly believe that they can change the party from within, but we've seen over the last decade or so that you are not changing the GOP platform slowly from within. It needs to be nuked and built from the ground up for any meaningful change to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom