• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Link

The Autumn Wind
CnQhIdeVYAIh2iP.jpg
Now this is funny.

BTW, watched Seth Meyers last night and Bryan Cranston was on.

He said not only is he a big Hillary supporter, he plans on stumping for her as well.

Hillary has Walter White. Nothing stops this train.
tumblr_nzo42uRM2M1v1u6tao1_500.gif

Dr. Jill Stein ‏@DrJillStein

I'll be in Philly but not for DNC. I'll be in the streets with the people. #SeeYouInPhilly http://www.jill2016.com/philly
THAT'S NOW HOW THIS WORKS.
Sure it is!

ClQpPlBVEAAEX9c.jpg:large

Wilsongt

A friend of mine who was a Bernie supporter now seems to be switching to Jill Stein.

I feel bad for her and she isn't the most informed politically and seems to be swayed more by her friends...

PF_16.07.13_religionpolitics_trumpSupport640px.png

White Evangelicals are more comfortable with Donald Trump than a Mormon dude. White Evangelicals on the issues:

PF_16.07.13_religionpolitics_whiteEvangTrump640px.png

..... Why are pro-life people so strongly supportive of murder weapons?

This is literally Clintons worst week, unless she kills someone it will not get any worse.

She had a single poll show the race tighten in a major way, and another major poll show she has comfortable leads in two of the three major swing states.

It's literally only up from here.

These politically illiterate broters now supporting Jill Stein and bombing Bernies facebook with anger and vitriol are really getting on my nerves.

rofl, I love this CNN stuff, pouncing in that ONE poll

This is literally Clintons worst week, unless she kills someone it will not get any worse.

She had a single poll show the race tighten in a major way, and another major poll show she has comfortable leads in two of the three major swing states.

Yeah, I'm fine with this. It's pretty good timing too since if the ditch Trump movement at the RNC really had somehow managed to just barely get enough momentum behind them to make something happen this will probably completely destroy it and make them feel confident enough about him to just fizzle out, and then they'll be stuck with him while things will only keep getting better for Clinton

pigeon

Banned
Really? How?

As StopMakingSense notes, the Senate has no constitutional structure to its rules. The filibuster itself only exists because of a mistake they made drafting the last major update to the Senate rules! (They accidentally removed the motion to call the question and nobody noticed for like 30 years.)

The most extreme option here is the "nuclear option," which goes like this:

1. Somebody does something against the rules, like moving to call the question.
2. Somebody else raises a point of order to observe that this is obviously against the rules.
3. The President (or President pro tempore) says that his ruling, based on the constitutional requirements of the Senate, is that it should be allowed.
4. Probably somebody then appeals the judgement of the chair.
5. The ruling of the president is put to a majority vote of Senators present.
6. If the ruling is upheld or not appealed, it creates new precedent and changes the rules of the Senate.

Obviously ideally it wouldn't be necessary to do this and you could just make a motion to adopt new rules, but since that motion could itself be filibustered, ultimately the nuclear option is the final recourse to get rid of the filibuster.

Last week was Clinton's worst week. Comey gave his presser on July 5th. This week should be her best, because Bern Dog endorsed her and email stuff is over.

GoT alternate season finale. The High Sparrow endorses Cersei for the Iron Throne. The Faith Militant turn on the High Sparrow.

I don't know who Trump's GoT analogue is. Ramsay Bolton? The Night King?

As StopMakingSense notes, the Senate has no constitutional structure to its rules. The filibuster itself only exists because of a mistake they made drafting the last major update to the Senate rules! (They accidentally removed the motion to call the question and nobody noticed for like 30 years.)

The most extreme option here is the "nuclear option," which goes like this:

1. Somebody does something against the rules, like moving to call the question.
2. Somebody else raises a point of order to observe that this is obviously against the rules.
3. The President (or President pro tempore) says that his ruling, based on the constitutional requirements of the Senate, is that it should be allowed.
4. Probably somebody then appeals the judgement of the chair.
5. The ruling of the president is put to a majority vote of Senators present.
6. If the ruling is upheld or not appealed, it creates new precedent and changes the rules of the Senate.

Obviously ideally it wouldn't be necessary to do this and you could just make a motion to adopt new rules, but since that motion could itself be filibustered, ultimately the nuclear option is the final recourse to get rid of the filibuster.
Oh.

Well, the fillibuster is bad, anyway. Everyone knows Harry Reid pioneered this technique.

Diablos

Trump/Pence is boring as hell. But Rachel Maddow is reminding me that Democrats shouldn't fixate too much on it being a boring or dumb choice. See: Agnew and Quayle.

Sibylus

Banned
Euron Crow's Eye.

To expand upon my answer:
A political outcast loathed by his fellow countrymen who displaces his competitors, hijacks an election, and whose interests align with power, rape, torture, and making his homeland great again in his own image.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom